JSN baby LET’S GOOOOOOO!!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSN, 2 games with 17 catches...

Name another receiver who can do that.

Tyler's getting old, and I worry about his availability. If he goes down, we'd be frantically looking for a receiver.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Let me put it this way. If the Seahawks had taken Carter, I would have been very excited at the possibility that he could become a dominant, game wrecking DT in the NFL. BUT, and it's a HUGE but for me, I also would have been extremely concerned that he is going to be a massive bust.

I think the likelihood that Carter busts is way, WAY higher than either of the guys we picked, and IMO was not worth the risk at #5.
His bust potential is higher than the guys we picked. But his ceiling is also much higher. Can you imagine what a motivated, in-shape Carter can do for your defense? Dominate interior rush is rare. Other positions, you can kind of draft in later rounds and still be successful.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
They already had a very good front 7. If Carter doesn't work out for them, they're still going to be fine. If he's a stud, they'll be even better than they already were. The Eagles were quite possibly in the best position to take Carter and his huge amount of red flags.
They brought in Carter to replace Hargrave. This is a perfect landing spot for him. He gets reunited with 3 of his Georgia teammates on a Super Bowl team.

According to Poles, the Bears were dead set on drafting Wright #9 even before the Panthers trade. Interesting.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think they nailed this first round. It's probably obvious but I really didn't want them to take Carter and I think Witherspoon and JSN both have a chance to be stars and both start immediately.

BASF

Reaction score
They play all game? They as dominant as a Jalen Carter? That'd be a no and no.
I was the first and most vocal draft Carter person here for months, but let's not throw the dominant word around lightly. Let's also not think that Carter, whose college numbers are not as good as Dre'Mont Jones' NFL numbers is as close to as dominant as Dre'Mont.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Well Eskridge can always compete as a #4 WR but yeah this is a make or break year for him more than likely.
Pete as much as said Eskridge is on notice. He spoke about how this is the third year, and receivers sometimes take three years to figure things out, so this is his year to get it done.

hawker84

Reaction score
I was the first and most vocal draft Carter person here for months, but let's not throw the dominant word around lightly. Let's also not think that Carter, whose college numbers are not as good as Dre'Mont Jones' NFL numbers is as close to as dominant as Dre'Mont.
Did seriously just type that. 👍

hawker84

Reaction score
the post you quoted clearly said they signed a DT (i'm assuming they alluded to Reed) AND a LB, so your quote about bobby playing DT....
What about it? Even Brock and Curtis said today, we still have a gaping hole in the middle of our defense, which needs to be addressed. Reed is good, dude from denver is good,, neither are special,, neither can play every down

Last edited:

GGotskill

Reaction score
Never said they couldn't or won't. Just saying they let a soecial one go to Philly. 🤷

Nah, you are whining because they didn't grab a guy you wanted. Everything else you have said is speculation or irrelevant

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Hawks are close to having all the elements of a perennial contender. All that is missing is addressing the front seven defense and interior OL. Could draft a RB as well.

Having a third WR that can win mismatches is going to be huge for Geno. Along with a fantastic TE group.
Yup - almost there ;) Just need to fix both lines!

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Apparently they were happy with the trenches last season. Thoroughly baffled at these selections. I give. Go Hawks. 🤷

Given they let them all go and signed Reed, Jones and Wagner, I can safely say they weren't happy with the front seven.

But I can also say they weren't happy with WR depth, so getting a true WR3 that can be Lockett's replacement in a year or two is a big plus.

hawker84

Reaction score
Nah, you are whining because they didn't grab a guy you wanted. Everything else you have said is speculation or irrelevant
I get it these days its fashionable on here to attack people because their opinion may differ from yours instead of actually contributing to the conversation. But i choose not to play the high school games. So hey by all means, you do you and keep up the good work. 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts