Jordyn Brooks nails his Physical

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't get the Brooks hate, but to each his/her own. Trying to be more mellow and chill on here, so I'll just leave it at that. I've seen people on here say he sucks. Oh brother........
I suspect some of it simply is because he’s not Bobby. He’s going to pale in comparison to a future Hall of Famer, which really isn’t fair to Brooks.

toffee

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if he takes his time to get back to game speed, quite ok if he skips the first 4-6 games. Rushing back has it's consequences, and we don't need that.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Glad he recovered fast but in all likelihood he is gone next year so time to plan ahead. Brooks is still gonna miss games opening up opportunities for guys like Bush. I know Brooks gets a lot of tackles but he's often out of position a lot. The fact they are not going to year 5 with him is telling.

Scout

Reaction score
Brooks is at this best flowing downhill or sideline to sideline. So I think he still can improve as an NFL player but he is not going to be the signal caller of a D as it requires too much thinking when he is a very instinctual player.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how much he plays this season. Against the Vikings, the Hawks ran a lot of 3 Safety looks with only one LB who, during the season, I would assume is going to be Bobby Wagner. I assume that will continue, especially when/if Jamal Adams returns.
Hm...I think I might have answered this. I've been looking at the all 22 (from The Hawk's Nest YouTube channel) and one of the looks the Seahawks D was using was a 2-4 with two DTs (a NT and a 3 Tech) and both outside linebackers on the line of scrimmage. It's essentially a 4 man front with 2 linebackers and 3 safeties. It looks a little like the old 4-3 nickel with a safety replacing a linebacker. That's 6 in the box so I can't image it being very good against the run.

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
If he hadn't gotten hurt, maybe the Seahawks would have picked up the fifth year option. But with the injury, it would have been too risky. Also, $12.7 million is a pretty hefty price tag for a linebacker.

They could still sign him if he plays well this year, but if he plays well, he might have other teams interested. The big question is whether they see him as a middle linebacker going forward.

Rat

Reaction score
The hate probably comes from him being straight trash. Another bust first round pick that we'll hopefully move on from sooner rather than later.

Mix

Reaction score
The hate probably comes from him being straight trash. Another bust first round pick that we'll hopefully move on from sooner rather than later.
Show me on the doll, where Brooks touched you.

Rat

Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me what Brooks does well without talking about how bad our DL was, or without a strawman argument like "you can't expect every player to be Bobby"? I can admit when I'm wrong - hell, I did it plenty after ripping on Geno all last off-season - but I'm just not seeing reasons for optimism with Brooks. He was barely better than Barton last season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The guy had 184 tackles in 2021, and 161 tackles before the injury in 2022. That's pretty damn solid.
Tackle numbers are a very bad way to judge a player, especially when your defense cannot get off of the field. Brooks isn't a bad player per-say but he wasn't what I would call a good one either.

Brooks had issues diagnosing plays at the LOS and he easily got washed out at the point of attack. He had a hard time being where he needed to be and needed to use his athleticism to make up for his deficits. He also had a hard time in coverage. He's not what I would call a three down linebacker.

Brooks isn't a game changer, never has been. He's simply a replaceable cog in the wheel. As a player, Brooks is very flawed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bush takes his spot.

BASF

Reaction score
Most of the complaints about him (which I agree with) are directly related to Clint Hurtt and my complaints about his approach to the defense.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Most of the complaints about him (which I agree with) are directly related to Clint Hurtt and my complaints about his approach to the defense.
I don’t think so. Even at his old position under KNJ, he really had issues if anyone touched him. His coverage was always awful. The issue here is at his new ILB positon he’s responsible for much more.

Those issues also become compounded, especially when you’re the one making the calls and trying to get people aligned. Brooks really struggled with the mental aspects of the game. He’s always a step too slow on the reads. Luckily for him he’s quite possibly one of the most athletic guys at ILB right now. It’s provided him quite a bit of leeway and recovery ability.

At the end of the day, Brooks is just a guy. I don’t think he’s ever going to be an ace player. He’s going to have a spots on teams as a back up or bridge starter until his athletic ability wanes. He’s just not a special player.