Jonathan Martin available? (Dolphins Tackle)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He's been a disappointment replacing a washed up Jake Long. He would be better than what we have, but he's not really good either.

drrew

Reaction score
Nice to see Oregon Duck (yeah I know, he was there a week, still a Duck) Richie Incognito who is apparently high on the list of worst people in the world seems to be at the heart of this issue.

If any issue ever has two sides, and Incognito is on one, I and every rational person in the world should gladly stand on the other side.

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought Incognito saw the light? He had a pretty long article written about how he had changed as a player and person. To have his name associated with this is puzzling, since he was being talked up as one of the glue guys with the Dolphins by Philbin.

Martin may be a big man physically but he is probably still feeling his way around. If it was a respected veteran, and Incognito is that with the Dolphins, he probably felt he had no way to make it stop other than kicking the dude's butt and he wasn't willing to go that route.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Winning teams don't allow this kind of crap (constant abuse of one particular player, for months and months). Winning teams certainly have hazing and teasing, but it is directed at relationship building and team building. It isn't for the purpose of constantly alienating and cutting a teammate down.

The Dolphins are a joke and their coaching staff has no business running an NFL team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":wpxm6iwe said:
Winning teams don't allow this kind of crap (constant abuse of one particular player, for months and months). Winning teams certainly have hazing and teasing, but it is directed at relationship building and team building. It isn't for the purpose of constantly alienating and cutting a teammate down.

The Dolphins are a joke and their coaching staff has no business running an NFL team.

Laugh my ass off.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Why laugh? I can't speak to his comment about the Dolphins staff, but I generally agree with him. Can you see Pete allowing this kind of crap to go on?

There's another story out today indicating a Dolphins rookie may be broke because the vets allegedly have continually forced him to buy them meals and other things.

Time will tell what really has occurred in Miami, but right now the perception isn't a positive one.

Edit: It's a defensive player who allegedly is facing financial issues per a tweet by a writer from the Miami Herald.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHBeasley ... 6087748608

CPHawk

Reaction score
Well, anyone want to put him down now? The kid was getting a lot more than just made fun of.

I have to question where any of the coaches or players where during this entire thing? Can anyone imagine Russell allowing this to go on here in Seattle? Where the F was Tannehill? His LT is hating being in Miami this much, and he lets his RG do it? It would be in his best intrest to step in and stop this crap, and if it didn't he should have gone to the coach and said get rid of Richie.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2wzzcgrm said:

Yeah, some winning teams keep the drunks who bust bottles over a teammates head who tried to keep him from driving drunk. Totally different.

Largent80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1tfux0rk said:
5_Golden_Rings":1tfux0rk said:

Yeah, some winning teams keep the drunks who bust bottles over a teammates head who tried to keep him from driving drunk. Totally different.

Touche' Giganticus.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
sc85sis":23p5io0i said:
Why laugh? I can't speak to his comment about the Dolphins staff, but I generally agree with him. Can you see Pete allowing this kind of crap to go on?

There's another story out today indicating a Dolphins rookie may be broke because the vets allegedly have continually forced him to buy them meals and other things.

Time will tell what really has occurred in Miami, but right now the perception isn't a positive one.

Edit: It's a defensive player who allegedly is facing financial issues per a tweet by a writer from the Miami Herald.

I laugh because of Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, etc

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
-The Glove-":vku7wmgv said:
sc85sis":vku7wmgv said:

If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking smoothies right now.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":2vuiltsv said:
Scottemojo":2vuiltsv said:
5_Golden_Rings":2vuiltsv said:

Touche' Giganticus.

Charles Haley once plotted to get rid of the white guys on the defensive front 7. Clearly winning teams don't employ bullies.
deadspin.com/389840/and-toward-me-he-charged-charles-haleys-bananas

sc85sis

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1zy8ow27 said:
sc85sis":1zy8ow27 said:

Gotcha.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Kixkahn":3ddvtxza said:
Your kidding right? Why in the hell would we want a touchy feely player who lives on his feelings. We have a tough team not a pansy team.

Unreal!

rsm650

Reaction score
Kixkahn":18hzex6x said:
Your kidding right? Why in the hell would we want a touchy feely player who lives on his feelings. We have a tough team not a pansy team.
I quit .NET

:white_flag:

JK

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Would much rather have Incognito than Martin, and I don't want Richie

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8ldqedtx said:
Largent80":8ldqedtx said:
Scottemojo":8ldqedtx said:
5_Golden_Rings":8ldqedtx said:

Touche' Giganticus.

Charles Haley once plotted to get rid of the white guys on the defensive front 7. Clearly winning teams don't employ bullies.
deadspin.com/389840/and-toward-me-he-charged-charles-haleys-bananas

So many crazy Haley stories out there.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1f9bhmz2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1f9bhmz2 said:

Just had to slip that one in didn't you? The 9er hatred is strong in this one.