Johnson Off the Table

James in PA

Reaction score
Johnson! You a hole! I was already preparing to be mad at him for choosing DC over Seattle. But if he screws us from getting Mac too?? Man oh man!

Hawknight

Reaction score
Dare I say that the current state of the Seahawks may be more of hassle than it's worth for a lot of these candidates to leave their jobs? I mean Commanders, just the name turns me off. Seahawks cap and the overhaul and time it will take to smooth things out, if I were one of these candidates, it would make me think long and hard. I think I may just be frustrated from the Johnson thing possibly putting a wrench in things, overreacting.

xray

Reaction score
I wonder if DQ is under that same table giving JS head ? :)

uncle fester

Reaction score
Mad scramble by one or both teams, asking price for the other guy just went up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Heh. That's like, the funniest possible outcome.

D1H2nV1

Also, this is why culture is a big deal. Your hotshot OC won't even leave your team unless he gets an immediate top-3 HC salary, because he doesn't want to leave.

Washington's job is easily more attractive. In a lot of ways. The Commanders organization is a huge fan of the Ravens way, and Macdonald is probably going there.

Thats why you have a fallback, folks. Welcome aboard, Dan Quinn. Bring us back to the promised land.

We did this a year too early. I'm sorry. We just did. 2024 needed to be Pete's last. We're losing the hell out of this cycle, and we kinda deserve it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Who knows if the Commanders or Hawks even offered Johnson a HC job
Doubtful. My guess is he really didn't wanna move to the other side of the country for the Seattle opening and he didn't wanna play for a dumpster fire franchise with the commanders opening. Likely waiting for a better East Coast job to come along in a year or two.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw an article on ESPN that says Johnson’s asking price was too high for teams that were in the hunt. I don’t know if that’s all about money or if he wants full personnel control as well.

James in PA

Reaction score
Quinn can't even get Arthur Smith now, who is now the Stealers OC. This just gets better and better.

Latest posts