John Randle Reborn in Byron Murphy Form

morgulon1

Reaction score
There is a photo of Murph on .com “12 frames, OTAs day 1”.

In 3 weeks he looks massively more toned than he did at mini-camp, you can immediately tell bro is hell of a worker. If it’s his motivation to be great, he’s going to get there.

I think a lot of people on the outside looking in are under selling Murph because he isn’t projected as a starter but the last two times Seahawks had this quality of functioning depth on the DLine were they not going to SBs (2005, 2013-14)
McDaniels and Mebane got it done

morgulon1

Reaction score
John Randle was an undrafted player who was even special while a Seahawks player near retirement is a HOF DT. He was truly a great player.

We should be so lucky to get this from Murphy.

These two players are very different, Randle was undersized, fast and strong he was a demonstrably exceptional pass rusher while Murphy seems to be a high potential widely expected to be special young player but more conventionally sized. I genuinely liked this pick by the team and hope Murphy can be as special a player as Randle was over his unusual career.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.
But I really enjoy getting head myself

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Who doesn't?

Do love that this young player seems motivated to be great and if he can be as good as John Randle was the team has scored a huge W with his acquisition. The addition of this player is a truly exciting add for the team.

BTW Levee I'm not pontificating just saying we should be a bit more measured in our assessment of this player who is being compared to an all time great player before the player has played a down as a pro.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Who doesn't?

Do love that this young player seems motivated to be great and if he can be as good as John Randle was the team has scored a huge W with his acquisition. The addition of this player is a truly exciting add for the team.

BTW Levee I'm not pontificating just saying we should be a bit more measured in our assessment of this player who is being compared to an all time great player before the player has played a down as a pro.
This may be the best time to speculate.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Who doesn't?

I was referencing the host of pontificators in this and other threads.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Murphy showing that power. Sidenote. Jones has a smiliar build and getoff. Could be a steal of an udfa.

warden

Reaction score
What excites me about Murphy is the supporting cast he will be playing beside. Williams will take up a lot of attention, Reed is good, Murphy will see some space because of those two.

sutz

Reaction score
What excites me about Murphy is the supporting cast he will be playing beside. Williams will take up a lot of attention, Reed is good, Murphy will see some space because of those two.
And vice versa. Adding a good player to a good group makes the whole team better. (y)(y)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What excites me is hearing things like this:

Huard also thinks Murphy could have a major chip on his shoulder this season after not being invited to the NFL Players Association’s Rookie Premiere event, which took place last weekend in Los Angeles. The first three defensive players selected in the draft were edge rusher Laiatu Latu at No. 15 overall, Murphy at No. 16, and edge rusher Dallas Turner at No. 17. Latu and Turner both got invites to the Rookie Premiere, but not Murphy. Murphy reacted to it with a social media post on Saturday.

“He’s got a big old rock on his shoulder. Not even a chip. He’s pretty ticked right now about how forgotten he is in this rookie class,” Huard said. “… Did Byron Murphy get the invite? Nope. Did Latu? Yes. Did Dallas Turner? Yes. Has Byron noticed all those things? Yep. Is he pretty ticked about it? You bet he is.

“So there’s a nice, big, old chip on his shoulder – plus a tremendous supporting cast – that I think give him some rocket fuel of maybe making an impact as a first-rounder we haven’t seen in a while.”

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
A wall designed by Macdonald and led by Murphy:

Mafe - Leonard - Murphy - Reed - Nwosu

Ably backup by Jones, Mike Morris, and Young.

chris98251

Reaction score
What Randle did that many don't know is research his opponents, he went thru and found out wife, kids, parents and whatever else he could and then use it on the field, he mind effed with the O lineman he played against and took them out of the game mentally, get them worked up and make mistakes.