JJ McCarthy Just Declared for the Draft

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score

12forlife

Reaction score
The thing about JJ, is the fact that he's so small and weak.

If he gets sacked by some DL 2x he would be out for the remainder of the season.

You would want someone 225-230 LBS. The kid was like 200's in Michigan, and now I'm hearing he added weight, he's not used to this. Should had stayed in College 1 more season.
Your still missing it huh bro!? The kid is legit. Yes he is young only 21, and 6'3". Sit behind a vet for a year, and add 25lb, and watch what he is capable of. He still ain't getting out of the 1st round. Just hold your bet until after the draft. But please be a man, and pay up.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

SonicHawk

Reaction score
My comment will age extremely well. It’s not like i’m going out on a limb, he’s not a top 10 pick. He’s got a great arm, I don’t doubt he’ll get drafted. Every single guy at the combine has some respected scout salivating over their tools.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score

WarHawks

Reaction score
All of them have flaws. All of them, even the top three. Last year people were harping on Stroud's test scores, and he had arguably the best rookie season for a qb ever. I think you have to take a macro view and look at the overall package and what they project to be, not just what they are today. They will get stronger and get coached up in the NFL. But, it's hard to correct poor decision making and Inability to process. Thankfully JJ, Nix and Penix are all good in those areas, with Penix perhaps the weakest of the three in that regard, given that his default when in trouble is to launch a bomb instead of a check down. JJ's accuracy wasn't great on those left side routes. I'm sure that's correctable. Overall however he did well. Nix would be ready day one. He's seen it all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
My comment will age extremely well. It’s not like i’m going out on a limb, he’s not a top 10 pick. He’s got a great arm, I don’t doubt he’ll get drafted. Every single guy at the combine has some respected scout salivating over their tools.
Bro you said he isn't an NFL quarterback and now an NFL evaluator is saying his skills translate to the NFL better than any of the other QB's in the draft. You comment is clearly false. I never said he'd go top 10, I've maintained since my OP that he's a 1st round draft prospect.

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Appreciate the video link. His passes feel underwhelming with the exception of the deep corner routes, those looked perfect. I remain skeptical that he is going to be a good NFL QB.
You have a right to your opinion but consider this, he threw the ball at 61 mph. The only prospect faster was Milton who's considered by many to have an arm cannon. Not sure what's isn't impressive about that. The go routes are a lot about chemistry and knowing what your receiver is capable of but he clearly has the arm strength.

Also, for those saying he has issues throwing the left that's not entirely accurate. He threw 6 out routes to the left side and of those 2 were clear misses by the receivers (the ball was right on their hands), 2 he made perfectly and 2 he missed. Part of that is not being synched up with the receivers but if there are issues with footwork that is totally fixable.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Bro you said he isn't an NFL quarterback and now an NFL evaluator is saying his skills translate to the NFL better than any of the other QB's in the draft. You comment is clearly false. I never said he'd go top 10, I've maintained since my OP that he's a 1st round draft prospect.
Unnamed NFL evaluator is full of shit

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah, because having a young qb who would probably be the #1 pick next year and who could sit behind Geno and develop into a high ceiling qbotf would be so horrible.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
You have a right to your opinion but consider this, he threw the ball at 61 mph. The only prospect faster was Milton who's considered by many to have an arm cannon. Not sure what's isn't impressive about that. The go routes are a lot about chemistry and knowing what your receiver is capable of but he clearly has the arm strength.

Also, for those saying he has issues throwing the left that's not entirely accurate. He threw 6 out routes to the left side and of those 2 were clear misses by the receivers (the ball was right on their hands), 2 he made perfectly and 2 he missed. Part of that is not being synched up with the receivers but if there are issues with footwork that is totally fixable.
Kaepernick and his cannon say hi. It's fine that you love JJ, but your arguments are very underwhelming.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Unnamed NFL evaluator is full of shit
Unnamed NFL evaluator also thought Rick Mirer would be a great NFL QB. Guy was over throwing his WR in shorts, no pressure on him. Same stuff we saw on film. Except NfL DBs will pick those.

12forlife

Reaction score
Kaepernick and his cannon say hi. It's fine that you love JJ, but your arguments are very underwhelming.
Same con be said for your arguments, or lack there of. There kinda like reading the back of of a cereal box honestly, Lotta blah blah, and nothing of real value?

OP
OP
SeaWolv

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Unnamed NFL evaluator also thought Rick Mirer would be a great NFL QB. Guy was over throwing his WR in shorts, no pressure on him. Same stuff we saw on film. Except NfL DBs will pick those.
Mirer didn't participate in the combine.