JJ McCarthy Just Declared for the Draft

WarHawks

Reaction score
There's something about him I like. I know it's crazy to say, and I know I sound like a doofus for harping on it, but I really do get young Tom Brady vibes from the kid. Same build and physical characteristics, same character, decision making, accuracy, no injury concerns, he beat Penix when it mattered, etc. He would be a long term project, but he may be just what we need.

12forlife

Reaction score
There's something about him I like. I know it's crazy to say, and I know I sound like a doofus for harping on it, but I really do get young Tom Brady vibes from the kid. Same build and physical characteristics, same character, decision making, accuracy, no injury concerns, he beat Penix when it mattered, etc. He would be a long term project, but he may be just what we need.
💯 💯 💯

12forlife

Reaction score
At 16 though? For a team that desperately needs to build on both sides of the line? Hmmmm
Why is it so hard to comprehend if a possible QBOTF is available, you take him. For christ sake look @ Stroud if you want an example. Do you feel the Texans had a SB contender? He'll no but they were in the position to take a QBOTF, and it seems to be working out ok for them? Never question taking a potential QBOTF.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why is it so easy for you to not get your panties in a bunch because I have an OPINION that we should take a D Lineman or O Lineman IF we're going to stay at 16? And I'll go ahead and question it as often as I like.
And you're comparing the #2 pick to this year at 16? Talk about a stretch. IF the Hawks were at #2? Hell yes take a QB. Duh.

Again, so you can actually understand: THERE IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE between the #2 pick and the #16 pick in the draft. I don't want them taking ANY Quarterback at 16. That is just MY outlook on it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Just as your take isn't wrong.
We're just talking football. It's all good.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF

The absolute obsession with these trash college QBs is wild.

WarHawks

Reaction score
QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF QBOTF

The absolute obsession with these trash college QBs is wild.
Said no one who ever drafted a successful college QB, ever.

CactusJack

Reaction score
McCarthy doesn't have many unique or special traits. He has an average NFL arm at best. He's still very thin & needs to fill out. Now, he may develop into a good starter down the line, but it wouldn't happen overnight. He's most likely going to have to sit for a year or two. Unless he's forced to play right away, which could backfire on the team that drafts him. He’ll probably be drafted higher than he should. If you're expecting him to come in & light the world on fire, then your mistaken. He's a project.

12forlife

Reaction score
Why is it so hard to comprehend if a possible QBOTF is available, you take him. For christ sake look @ Stroud if you want an example. Do you feel the Texans had a SB contender? He'll no but they were in the position to take a QBOTF, and it seems to be working out ok for them? Never question taking a potential QBOTF.
What do you find so funny! That's just plain facts Jack! Wake up!

12forlife

Reaction score
Why is it so easy for you to not get your panties in a bunch because I have an OPINION that we should take a D Lineman or O Lineman IF we're going to stay at 16? And I'll go ahead and question it as often as I like.
And you're comparing the #2 pick to this year at 16? Talk about a stretch. IF the Hawks were at #2? Hell yes take a QB. Duh.

Again, so you can actually understand: THERE IS A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE between the #2 pick and the #16 pick in the draft. I don't want them taking ANY Quarterback at 16. That is just MY outlook on it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Just as your take isn't wrong.
We're just talking football. It's all good.
I'm not opposed to taking a DL or OL @ #16 either. This team has so many needs if we pick @ 16 if somehow JJ is sitting there then yes take him, otherwise we are pretty much @ BPA that can be a difference maker day 1.
I really have a feeling we are looking to move up with the top 3, if we don't make that work, which would be rich. If not I think they pass on Penix & Nix, and target Rattler or Travis. With this team needing to fill so many holes I lean towards the Rattler/Travis route with enabling us to keep #16, or trading down for more picks. Sorry for coming off bitchy! This damn lull in nothing happing and everyone pulling guesses outta their rear ends tends to ruffle my feathers! Think as you will, we are all a bunch of armchair QB's pulling for the same team at the end of the day! Cheers!

12forlife

Reaction score
He could use another year of play. This saddens me.
Don't be sad bro, the kid is a stud! Might have to sit a year or 2 to prep. I can't say he is the next mahomes or anything crazy as that, but he has star potential!

bigcc

Reaction score
He beat Penix when it mattered, etc. .
That's a pretty generous way of framing 10/18 140, and 4/31 rushing

Glosses over the 271 other rushing yards but to each their own.

I feel I'd be remiss without mentioning that's his year.

He threw for 225 yards for 4 of 15 games last year

Purdue: 4-8
Michigan state: 4-8
East Carolina: 2-10
Unlv: 9-5!.... In the mwc

I'm willing to hear out someone defend his numbers with anything but "he didn't have to throw!", because that's fine but wtf are you people watching to get excited about this guy?

If by comparing him to brady you mean a 6th round pick I apologize

WarHawks

Reaction score
That's a pretty generous way of framing 10/18 140, and 4/31 rushing

Glosses over the 271 other rushing yards but to each their own.

I feel I'd be remiss without mentioning that's his year.

He threw for 225 yards for 4 of 15 games last year

Purdue: 4-8
Michigan state: 4-8
East Carolina: 2-10
Unlv: 9-5!.... In the mwc

I'm willing to hear out someone defend his numbers with anything but "he didn't have to throw!", because that's fine but wtf are you people watching to get excited about this guy?

If by comparing him to brady you mean a 6th round pick I apologize
Because everything they said about Brady before he was drafted is what they are saying now about JJ, and they are both similar in stature, mindset, and arm talent at 21. Brady grew into the position. JJ could easily do the same.