Jason Myers

Should the Seahawks look for a replacement?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Cross-train Michael Dickson and double his salary.
No reason he wouldn't excel at this position.
This guy is arguably the best player on the Seahawks at this time. By a country mile.

bigcc

Reaction score
Cross-train Michael Dickson and double his salary.
No reason he wouldn't excel at this position.
This guy is arguably the best player on the Seahawks at this time. By a country mile.
There is so much wrong about this that I don't even know where to start, so I'll leave you with this

12 kickoffs, 498 yards.... 41.5 per kick lmao

In 5 years Myers averages 62.7 here

I wanted to keep it short, but going and giving anyone a pay raise with our cap woes, is literal retarded shit and deserves mentioning

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Jason Meyers missed half of his FG attempts over 50 yards. Let that sink in.
Fact: He was one of the least accurate kickers in the NFL in 2023.

Meanwhile, Dickson is a diamond in the rough, one of the bright points in the last few seasons.

My post was hyperbolic, but I think one that represents many fan's "confidence" in the Seahawk's field goal kicker.

bigcc

Reaction score
Jason Meyers missed half of his FG attempts over 50 yards. Let that sink in.
Fact: He was one of the least accurate kickers in the NFL in 2023.

Meanwhile, Dickson is a diamond in the rough, one of the bright points in the last few seasons.

My post was hyperbolic, but I think one that represents many fan's "confidence" in the Seahawk's field goal kicker.
I'm absolutely on board with getting a new kicker, even the ones he made looked... Iffy like 3/4 of the time.

Unfortunately as I am typing this, I realized his salary was guaranteed 2/16.

Wed lose cap in a pre-june 1 cut (almost 4 mil), and save 100k post June 1 cut.... Before you count the cost of the new kicker

Myers is our kicker next year whether anyone likes it or not

Probably his last season though, cut next offseason post June 1 saves 4.5 mil

BASF

Reaction score
2018 91.7%
2019 82.1%
2020 100%
2021 73.9%
2022 91.9%
2023 83.3%

2024 he will be one of the best kickers. It is his pattern. Drop him next offseason.

Also, we had way too many field goal attempts due to pathetic red zone play calls from Shane Waldron. I expect better this season simply because we will not be as predictable.

chris98251

Reaction score
His production is easy to replace and you get more cap space. Why not go with one of the top college kickers?
You say that, consistent kickers in the league are hard to find, look at the cuts all over last year and teams trying to find someone that can kick under pressure, we went thru that here as well. College kickers get to use a Tee to kick from, not in the NFL and it radically changes how they lift a ball and where they connect with it for lift and then for distance. You have no space under it via the tee for lift. Many guys can't do it, If they could you would never have to pay above minimum wage for a kicker since they would be like apples on a tree, just pick one and go.

gmor

Reaction score
You say that, consistent kickers in the league are hard to find, look at the cuts all over last year and teams trying to find someone that can kick under pressure, we went thru that here as well. College kickers get to use a Tee to kick from, not in the NFL and it radically changes how they lift a ball and where they connect with it for lift and then for distance. You have no space under it via the tee for lift. Many guys can't do it, If they could you would never have to pay above minimum wage for a kicker since they would be like apples on a tree, just pick one and go.
With the production the Seahawks received for the amount of money they it's definitely worth the try. Most college games I've been to are carried a lot of noise and energy. I think they can find a solid prospect that can do as well or better for much less.