Jason Myers

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sigh.

We have many things to discuss about the state of our team but what seems to be lost in the obvious chaos is that Jason Myers is just not very good. At best, he might make a decent kick or two a game. At worst, he shanks several extra point attempts and FGs on the average.

I would have to check but didn't he technically lose us some games last year? I can't tell you how many times he lines up for an extra point or FG and I say "Watch how he pulls to the left". It's either outside of the goal posts or barely inside.

I am just now learning golf. I've been taking lessons and I already can see how there are similarities. I don't mean to disparage the man but even league minimum is more than most CEOs make. Yes, I get he is only one cog in the wheel of this team's fortunes but he makes me damn nervous.

3 points can win, or lose you ball games.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sigh.

We have many things to discuss about the state of our team but what seems to be lost in the obvious chaos is that Jason Myers is just not very good. At best, he might make a decent kick or two a game. At worst, he shanks several extra point attempts and FGs on the average.

I would have to check but didn't he technically lose us some games last year? I can't tell you how many times he lines up for an extra point or FG and I say "Watch how he pulls to the left". It's either outside of the goal posts or barely inside.

I am just now learning golf. I've been taking lessons and I already can see how there are similarities. I don't mean to disparage the man but even league minimum is more than most CEOs make. Yes, I get he is only one cog in the wheel of this team's fortunes but he makes me damn nervous.

3 points can win, or lose you ball games.
I agree with you. Let's let Brandon Aubrey try some FGs. Myers had a career year a couple of seasons back. This is the normal Myers and it's not good. However, if the regular season plays out the way this preseason has so far, we won't have to worry about close games.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Dude's a headcase and I guess "Always Compete" doesn't apply to him because there isn't any competition for that position as far as I know.

The guy has literally taken month's off my life since he's been here with all the inconsistency and stress.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
His career seems to be an every other year kind of thing. He has a good year then a bad year. Rinse and repeat. 2020 was a good year for him. 2021 sucked. I just figured (hoped) that 2022 would be a good year. Missing that FG last night makes me wonder.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Dude is terrible. Has even missed point after attempts. Inexcusable. Surely there has to be someone else that can be brought in to compete?

Rat

Reaction score
There seem to be good UDFA kickers coming out every year. Not sure why we didn't invest in one. Myers certainly wasn't good enough last year to be simply handed the job.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It really doesn't make sense. For a coach who preaches Always Compete, why doesn't that apply to the kicker who clearly has been struggling? If you put a video montage together of every single one of his kicks (FGs and PAs) you would see how he is shanking the ball more often than not. Even when he does make it inside the goal posts, it's barely inside and only once in awhile are they down the middle. What it all means? Mechanically I have no idea, but from a compete standpoint, I don't see Pete holding Jason to the same standards as other players.