Jamal Adams

LTH

Reaction score
I don't understand why the argument of the Jamal Adams trade is still relevant. At this point why does it matter? The way I see it the guy is a decent player, getting paid a bit to much for what he has contributed. But that's not his fault. I think everybody knows that. Jamal Adams has had some really bad luck! It's not a question of his heart or his toughness or his desire to contribute. I don't understand why this is relevant?

LTH

gmor

Reaction score
We've seen players grow from their injury experience. Tyler Locket comes to mind. The scope of his route running and locker room presence grew so much during his post injury recovery.

Monday night will be our first look.
I think Adams is a different. He is perpetually unavailable due to injury. Unlucky or doesn't have the instincts to keep himself from damage.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I think Adams is a different. He is perpetually unavailable due to injury. Unlucky or doesn't have the instincts to keep himself from damage.

Maybe so. What does seem apparent is Jamal is very liked by his teammates and the coaches. If he was constantly injured, on top of being a locker room cancer, that would be a serious concern.

I think he will be fine and be back on the field against the Bengals in 2 weeks.

12forlife

Reaction score
Let me knee you in the head, see how far you make it.
If I can wear a helmet you can gladly knee me in the head. WTF, sorry to say it, but Jamal is broken, his body can't hold up to the NFL abuse the way he plays. We need to get Diggs & Adam's combined $40mil salary off the books!

12forlife

Reaction score
Adams took a big shot to the head. It's not like he is a whimp..his problem is he plays ruthless. He will be back after the bye.. no big deal... I can't wait to see what this D looks like with Adams!

LTH
Keep waiting

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I expect he'll be back, but I expect him out with some injury again before season's end. As has been said, once some guys get the injury bug, it's just over, and they might as well retire.

LTH

Reaction score
Keep waiting
Keep waiting for what? I don't dislike Jamal Adams. To the contrary, I think he is an incredibly talented player that has had some really bad luck. What I dislike is the poor treatment the guy gets because he keeps getting hurt. It's not his fault. It's not the Seahawks fault. It's just football, the most brutal sport ever. I don't understand the resentment towards him. Some people just are mean spirited I guess.

LTH

hawks85

Reaction score
It appears to have bothered you a bit...just sayin.

I don't think people are mocking your service. I think that is appreciated by many.

However, you used your service to do 2 things:
- Mock the toughness of a hawk that appears to have been concussed.
- Espouse your own toughness from what you did @ Paris Island.

Neither paint you in a good light for many on the board. Thank you for your service, but do not expect it to protect you from critical feedback...especailly when you are in the process of criticizing someone...especially a hawk that was injured.
You're absolutely right, and I apologize if I offended anyone. Taking that shot at Adams for that knee to the head wasn't a good look on my part.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yes, it really is that bad.
No, the extension doesn't just look terrible in hindsight. Generally extensions are given to players already on your team. Giving a huge extension to someone who has played 0 downs for you is stupid no matter what.

I agree with the boldface-emphasized text, but I don't think it's relevant here.
Adams played 784 defensive snaps and 21 special-teams snaps for the Seahawks in 2020 before signing his contract extension in 2021.

themunn

Reaction score
I agree with the boldface-emphasized text, but I don't think it's relevant here.
Adams played 784 defensive snaps and 21 special-teams snaps for the Seahawks in 2020 before signing his contract extension in 2021.

Further to that, his extension allowed for a pretty cheap 2 years, $3.5m cap hit in 2020 and $5m cap hit in 2021. It was still only $9m last year albeit it starts to ramp up - $12m this year, but $27m and $28m next year.

So far that's not a crazy amount, and given his injury history I would be surprised if we don't try to restructure next year (assuming we want to keep him), so in the end the contract might not be the awful thing everyone makes it out to be

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly what I expected. He got "hurt" so many run to the computer to tell us how they knew he would, he sucks, blah blah blah.
Meh, he'll be back after the bye.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If I can wear a helmet you can gladly knee me in the head. WTF, sorry to say it, but Jamal is broken, his body can't hold up to the NFL abuse the way he plays. We need to get Diggs & Adam's combined $40mil salary off the books!
He's broken? Oh brother. That's worse than a Fade take. He took a knee to the head, it was a fluke.

12forlife

Reaction score
Keep waiting for what? I don't dislike Jamal Adams. To the contrary, I think he is an incredibly talented player that has had some really bad luck. What I dislike is the poor treatment the guy gets because he keeps getting hurt. It's not his fault. It's not the Seahawks fault. It's just football, the most brutal sport ever. I don't understand the resentment towards him. Some people just are mean spirited I guess.

LTH
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but all I'm saying with Jamal's playing style his body obviously can't put up with the abuse. I like Jamal, but sadly I feel he needs to retire so he's not a complete cripple when he retires. I believe we need to invest the $20mil into or Dline.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but all I'm saying with Jamal's playing style his body obviously can't put up with the abuse. I like Jamal, but sadly I feel he needs to retire so he's not a complete cripple when he retires. I believe we need to invest the $20mil into or Dline.
Yes please.

LTH

Reaction score
Can't say that I totally disagree with that but...I'm not making any judgements until the end of the season. Let's see how it plays out... nothing the Seahawks can do about the money now plus you never know how things are going to play out. You might have a totally different perspective at the end of the season.

LTH

Reaction score
Yes please.
I knew this chick on a seahawk message board she was kinda spicy... she said something to the effect of "put your money where your mouth is or shut up.".. LMAO!!! You remember her? Lmfao!!!!
LTH

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I knew this chick on a seahawk message board she was kinda spicy... she said something to the effect of "put your money where your mouth is or shut up.".. LMAO!!! You remember her? Lmfao!!!!
LTH
I don't hate Jamal the person I just hate the fact that they traded for him for a ridiculous cost and then signed him to a completely ridiculous contract that is way off the market is dictating for that position and restructured it to compound the problem.

I was in agreement with the money that we've sunk into the safety position should be going to the DL.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I don't hate Jamal the person I just hate the fact that they traded for him for a ridiculous cost and then signed him to a completely ridiculous contract that is way off the market is dictating for that position and restructured it to compound the problem.

I was in agreement with the money that we've sunk into the safety position should be going to the DL.

Seems like a fair position to take.