Jamal Adams will be playing next Monday

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Adams should be what everyone said he was from day 1, a box safety.

Especially in the shallow cross schemes, because teams are picking on Bobby something fierce across the middle. Hopefully Jamal can help shore up that glaring scheme deficiency..........as well as obviously blitzing and creating havok on the line.

rjdriver

Reaction score

Especially in the shallow cross schemes, because teams are picking on Bobby something fierce across the middle. Hopefully Jamal can help shore up that glaring scheme deficiency..........as well as obviously blitzing and creating havok on the line.
Great post!

I don't know the X's and O's as well as most of you, but I thought the same thing. The short passing game has been a weakness and Jamal will be a disputer.

If he can help our D get to middle of the pack while the O continues to develop cohesiveness with it's new toys (Zach, JSN, Bobo) then we will be a threat to beat anyone on the league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I highly doubt Pete is going to tell him to play differently and/or not be himself. Let him go get it.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
He’s going to need a few games to knock the rust off IMO.
HOPEFULLY he stays healthy enough to achieve that regardless of how many games/plays it takes.

I know the potential is there for him to not only contribute but change games.

I’m cautiously optimistic/excited
I would imagine he will get a limited number of snaps to start out for this week so he can unrustify himself. Then full go after that. Your post is spot on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not my point at all. I'm saying that IF Pete was extra careful with a few guys who could benefit with the extra 2 weeks, I'm good with it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

Bobby looked his age yesterday. I saw him QBing the D many many times and no doubt his leadership was vital yesterday but I don’t recall hearing his name all game. He’s just not fast enough anymore so having Prez take that short middle enforcer position should shore up a hole.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobby looked his age yesterday. I saw him QBing the D many many times and no doubt his leadership was vital yesterday but I don’t recall hearing his name all game. He’s just not fast enough anymore so having Prez take that short middle enforcer position should shore up a hole.

Right, that's my hope.............and yes, teams are most certainly picking on whatever scheme the Hawks and Hurtt keep throwing out on 3rd and longs taking advantage of Bobby being matched up on WR's and TE's on shallow crossing routes. I think Thielen had at least 5-6 successful catches against that zone defense with Bobby covering him.

Adams should help with this, we hope. Honestly, I don't have even 1% of my hopes up for Adams. Whatever positive addition he is will be a surprise for me.

Millen Hawk

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about Adams. He's a situational player so I don't expect much of him in terms of production, especially in his first game back in over a year...more like two years. He seems to be turning into the type of player that coaches love as a alpha-hypeman type of person who is not productive as a player on the field but gets the team ready for games and practices.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic about Adams. He's a situational player so I don't expect much of him in terms of production, especially in his first game back in over a year...more like two years. He seems to be turning into the type of player that coaches love as a alpha-hypeman type of person who is not productive as a player on the field but gets the team ready for games and practices.
This ^^^

I would LOVE to be proven wrong by Adams.

Guess we'll find out this week! If he's a one man wrecking crew - I will happily eat crow - not that I've really talked much shit about him - just mostly made of glass type comments.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Not my point at all. I'm saying that IF Pete was extra careful with a few guys who could benefit with the extra 2 weeks, I'm good with it.
Ah ok. If you weren't directing that toward JA then I misunderstood. I assumed it was because of the title of the post.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who is borderline, I wouldn't have an issue with Pete being careful. Gives them an extra 2 weeks. It's a long season. I hate seeing all the injuries so early, and it's def. league wide. So many huge names injured. Still makes me think that teams need to play their starters more in pre-season.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who is borderline, I wouldn't have an issue with Pete being careful. Gives them an extra 2 weeks. It's a long season. I hate seeing all the injuries so early, and it's def. league wide. So many huge names injured. Still makes me think that teams need to play their starters more in pre-season.

I think Pete is trying to keep Adams calm before playing. He's gotta make it through a week of practice before the game.

I'm hyped for the game. Can't imagine how Adams feels.

edogg23

Reaction score
They need to send him more often then not. He is a liability in coverage but was elite in disrupting the backfield and pressuring the qb. Whether or not he still has the speed and agility to make an impact… I guess we will all find out Sunday.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
They need to send him more often then not. He is a liability in coverage but was elite in disrupting the backfield and pressuring the qb. Whether or not he still has the speed and agility to make an impact… I guess we will all find out Sunday.
Even he can cover the short middle better than Bobby did. Free up Bobby for run support.