Jamal Adams wanting out of NY?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's crazy how many guys are demanding to be traded or released this year. Would love to see a solid Safety on this team to go with Mcdougald.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At present I suspect the team will just wait and watch the development of Blair and not spend to acquire Jamal Adams or other highly expensive DBs. Of course if the price is right who knows for sure.

kobebryant

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20iqaymf said:
It's crazy how many guys are demanding to be traded or released this year. Would love to see a solid Safety on this team to go with Mcdougald.

It's really cool to see this development. Players having a higher standard for who they are willing to play for and becoming more empowered to do something about it. Football careers are so short, I can't blame players who are good enough to assert their leverage and call their shots not wanting to be stuck in bad situations on bad teams. This trend has paid dividends for the Hawks and may continue to do so.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He's more intriguing to me than Ramsey is or Fitzpatrick was.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
kobebryant":1e04m91c said:
SoulfishHawk":1e04m91c said:

It's really cool to see this development. Players having a higher standard for who they are willing to play for and becoming more empowered to do something about it. Football careers are so short, I can't blame players who are good enough to assert their leverage and call their shots not wanting to be stuck in bad situations on bad teams. This trend has paid dividends for the Hawks and may continue to do so.

It's all good now because Seattle is a team that many players want to play for. If that ever changes, say when Pete calls it quits, then we might be on the flip side of things. I wouldn't like watching good players force their way to another team.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2h7h7idt said:
kobebryant":2h7h7idt said:
SoulfishHawk":2h7h7idt said:

It's all good now because Seattle is a team that many players want to play for. If that ever changes, say when Pete calls it quits, then we might be on the flip side of things. I wouldn't like watching good players force their way to another team.
It’s not good for anybody. This league is starting to resemble the NBA. The inmates are starting to run the Asylum and it’s going to ruin the competitive nature of the game.

kobebryant

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2f2bhqbk said:
kobebryant":2f2bhqbk said:
SoulfishHawk":2f2bhqbk said:

Strong ownership will likely ensure that Seattle and other destination franchises stay that way. New England, Seattle, Philly, Pittsburgh, Baltimore tend to be compotent , at minimum, on a yearly basis.

kobebryant

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":ll0ll7xs said:
WmHBonney":ll0ll7xs said:
kobebryant":ll0ll7xs said:
SoulfishHawk":ll0ll7xs said:

It’s not good for anybody. This league is starting to resemble the NBA. The inmates are starting to run the Asylum and it’s going to ruin the competitive nature of the game.

"Inmates"

The NBA is awesome. The players have never been as talented as they are now and you have multiple star ladened teams that can compete for a championship - Milwaukee, Philly, Boston, Lakers, Clippers, Golden State, Portland, Denver,Utah.

The Dolphins, Jags and Jets aren't bad because guys want out. Guys want out because those teams are bad. I'll never fault someone, athlete or otherwise, for wanting to leave a job or employer that they aren't happy with.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Yes. Inmates. It’s part of the saying. Don’t get your sensitivity panties in a bunch.

The NBA may have competitive teams but they are a few select teams that PLAYERS choose to go to with buddies. Prime example would be Miami Heat in the not so distant past.

Look at the crap AB created just because he wanted to play for a team he contactually shouldn’t have been able to get to.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would want Jamal Adams over Minkah and Jalen. He would plug and play here PERFECTLY.

McGruff

Reaction score
2_0_6":5e7sac1t said:
I would want Jamal Adams over Minkah and Jalen. He would plug and play here PERFECTLY.

Doesnt meet a glaring need like Minkah would have thougb.

2_0_6

Reaction score
McGruff":1m1411sn said:
2_0_6":1m1411sn said:

Minkah did not want to play safety, he preferred CB. I think the FS spot is the glaring issue (outside of OL) with this team as we sit today.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
2_0_6":bfbrakzd said:
McGruff":bfbrakzd said:
2_0_6":bfbrakzd said:

Minkah did not want to play safety, he preferred CB. I think the FS spot is the glaring issue (outside of OL) with this team as we sit today.

Adams isn't a Free Safety though.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":jvjhrdil said:
2_0_6":jvjhrdil said:
McGruff":jvjhrdil said:
2_0_6":jvjhrdil said:

Yes I know, move McDougald to FS, plug him in at SS and roll on.

jmahon316

Reaction score
2_0_6":2pqt2lfp said:
Sarlacc83":2pqt2lfp said:
2_0_6":2pqt2lfp said:
McGruff":2pqt2lfp said:

But if that's the case, how much doubt do you have in Blair? Also if you're only wanting a 1 year rental due to Blair putting on weight and conditioning to be a real starter, how much would you pay for a rental?

2_0_6

Reaction score
jmahon316":3jhxgkar said:
2_0_6":3jhxgkar said:
Sarlacc83":3jhxgkar said:
2_0_6":3jhxgkar said:

But if that's the case, how much doubt do you have in Blair? Also if you're only wanting a 1 year rental due to Blair putting on weight and conditioning to be a real starter, how much would you pay for a rental?

You move Blair to FS next season as the starter and send McDougald on his way.

Jamal Adams is signed through 2020.

McGruff

Reaction score
2_0_6":ig4wmjk9 said:
McGruff":ig4wmjk9 said:
2_0_6":ig4wmjk9 said:

No that wasnt it at all.

Minkah wanted to play one position, not 6.

He is locked in at FS for the Steelers and is ecstatic.

McGruff

Reaction score
2_0_6":c6cet3f8 said:
Sarlacc83":c6cet3f8 said:
2_0_6":c6cet3f8 said:
McGruff":c6cet3f8 said:

Mcdougald doesn't like FS, and isnt nearly as effective there.

Latest posts