Jamal Adams likely Out for Season

Spohawks

Reaction score
With Adams as my favorite defensive player, it hurts to finally admit that the trade was a bust.

Unlimited potential but simply to injury prone.

Next man up!

W

Welshers

Yep. Ultimately it was a bad trade. To the front office's credit, there was no indication he was this injury prone prior to making the trade. It still seemed like we gave up a lot for him, but who knows, maybe if he had been healthy all this time hes a DPOY type guy and we're praising the trade.

Oh well. I'm tired of lamenting it. Big bummer.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I can’t really fault them for the trade. But the contract was a little much.

PNW

Reaction score
I can’t really fault them for the trade. But the contract was a little much.
The problem with that trade and what we gave up to get him, we cornered ourselves and force that contract. What other options did we have?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The problem with that trade and what we gave up to get him, we cornered ourselves and force that contract. What other options did we have?
An incentive based contract. I wouldn’t have been fearful of him testing free agency to set his value.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it for him.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Holding the injuries against the guy is a lil silly considering his injury history prior to Seattle, and there's nothing he can do about his leg buckling there.

Bad trade, but still a good player and his teammates love him. Sad to lose him.
I'm still fine with the initial trade. We needed a playmaker on defense and he checked every box. I think it was pricey but acceptable. The extension is a little shadier in retrospect obviously. But it's not like he's getting hurt on an ATV or something. Dude's getting hurt because he goes 100% every snap. In the end, it turns out to be a terrible result from the trade but I don't think that makes it a bad trade to have done in the first place. The measurable were all there and it's been a bunch of fluky injuries that's laid him up. I still don't even see on the replays how he hurt it.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Another fluke injury, that guy wants to win bad. That's a huge loss for this team. Regardless what people think of the guy. Sometimes you swing and miss on a contract. It's not like the guy is getting hurt on purpose. Crap happens.
Yeah, it's easy to just say 'everything this office does stinks' and then make as much noise as possible when it turns out to be true and just slink off to the shadows when you are wrong.

I was never hugely down on the trade and thought it made sense for a team that felt like they were on the cusp. We now know that there was other issues behind the scenes, but I don't think we were crazy to think we were just a few impact players away from turning the corner and Adams--when healthy--is a hell of an impact player.

I'm sorry he's injured and in hindsight, we gave up more than we got, but I always liked him as a player.

James in PA

Reaction score
He had like no injury history when he was with the Jets. Then he comes here and cannot stay on the damn field. It's just friggin ridiculously bad luck. The trade was still absurd, but nobody could have seen him turning into CJ Prosise.

Polk738

Reaction score
He had like no injury history when he was with the Jets. Then he comes here and cannot stay on the damn field. It's just friggin ridiculously bad luck. The trade was still absurd, but nobody could have seen him turning into CJ Prosis

Seattle seems to get A LOT of players that turn into CJ Prosise as soon as they get here

Seymour

Reaction score
Last edited:

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
All teams suffer injuries Jamal is the best player on our defense. 17 Million isn’t a cap crusher nowadays.
It‘s not a bid deal when we’re not a Super Bowl contender.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sucks but, it’s bad luck. He’s the BEST player on the field when healthy…even with the hands of stone.

You can disagree. Doesn’t fade my opinion one bit.
I agree mostly. I love his attitude. I love the bravado even.

But, as other have called him, Mr. Glass - is done. Cya bud. Thanks for the effort. I don't know the mechanics of the contracts and such, but we need to straight up eat whatever we need to eat and part ways.

Unless that's $$$$ impossible, which again, I don't know. Never gonna stay on the field.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Latest posts