"I've gone through the ups and downs before"--Russell Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2jc4n36t said:
QuickLightning":2jc4n36t said:
He deserves every dime he's about to get. Franchise QBs don't grow on trees.

Not so sure about that. It's especially ridiculous after all of his bull**** about what a great team we have and how much he loves the city. If he was so in love with the team he wouldn't be busting their balls to make more money that he'll never actually spend. Greed and ego.
Yeah, who the hell does he think he is, I mean, he's demanding to be paid a little more than Cam Newton, and a couple of other Quarterbacks that haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl. :roll:
Some of Y'all are acting like the money is coming out of your personal bank account.
He's been paid chump change for three Years, and has outperformed some Quarterbacks that were taken high in the first round of the Draft.
Greed?, Ego? SMFH.

ctrcat

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3oljxelp said:
Kennedyin92":3oljxelp said:
QuickLightning":3oljxelp said:

Not so sure about that. It's especially ridiculous after all of his bull**** about what a great team we have and how much he loves the city. If he was so in love with the team he wouldn't be busting their balls to make more money that he'll never actually spend. Greed and ego.
Yeah, who the hell does he think he is, I mean, he's demanding to be paid a little more than Cam Newton, and a couple of other Quarterbacks that haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl. :roll:
Some of Y'all are acting like the money is coming out of your personal bank account.
He's been paid chump change for three Years, and has outperformed some Quarterbacks that were taken high in the first round of the Draft.
Greed?, Ego? SMFH.

If he just wanted a little more, Bus Cook would have "likely" done the deed. It's amazing how the arguments change during negotiations to favor the guy on the other team but if I'm JS or PC I'm sure as heck pointing to Cam walking into the worst offense in football from the previous year and having the #27 ranked D in his rookie year, 2011, and RW having the #1 D in 2012 among a score of other variables to level the playing field. Cam was also 2-14 in one score games his first two years, the majority of which were blown by rookie head coach Rivera and/or the awful D. I'm pounding these facts and others into the ear of Rodgers if I'm JS.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
scutterhawk":4d8amp50 said:
Kennedyin92":4d8amp50 said:
QuickLightning":4d8amp50 said:

Greed?, Ego? SMFH.

If Russell were willing to take a traditional-style extension like Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers accepted-- with a lower cap hit this year in exchange for an upfront signing bonus-- there wouldn't be anything left to negotiate. The deal would, in all likelihood, be done.

ctrcat

Reaction score
iigakusei":8qdxtkac said:
Kennedyin92":8qdxtkac said:
QuickLightning":8qdxtkac said:

You do realize that you just described every single player in the NFL right? I really don't get some people's animosity towards Wilson with regards to this.

Not totally wrong and it sure seems like that but Thomas Davis recently put his money where his mouth was again with his extension. Maybe that's why he's NFL Man of the Year. I'm pulling for RW to get it right and I'm a RW fan too, but I understand the restlessness. What you said is true 99% of the time no doubt.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I knew it was a matter of time today before that poorly written(speculative)article would make it over here. Ya'll fell for his click bait BS. I am not worried one bit about RW going somewhere else.
Facts folks, facts...
He is prepared to play out this season of his contract even if no extension gets done. IF, if....
Sigh....Social media is the death of true journalism.
Can't football just start already? This is the worst offseason I have ever witnessed on this board. Seriously. We really miss Les.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
Sorry Anthony!, I thought it was a bit humorous.

Russ was just sayin' what everyone else in his profession thinks. No one knows, for sure, what the camels back issue really is. But some are ready to throw the dude to the side of the road. That's wild. It's also wild to be an authority on how much is "enough", and what's fair.

grizbob

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3l3u0fr3 said:
I knew it was a matter of time today before that poorly written(speculative)article would make it over here. Ya'll fell for his click bait BS. I am not worried one bit about RW going somewhere else.
Facts folks, facts...
He is prepared to play out this season of his contract even if no extension gets done. IF, if....
Sigh....Social media is the death of true journalism.
Can't football just start already? This is the worst offseason I have ever witnessed on this board. Seriously. We really miss Les.

:13: X...

Status
Not open for further replies.