I've Changed My Mind On DK

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There once was upon a time where I wanted to trade DK and get the most we could for him. So did many of you.

You know who you are.

Now, I just love how "All In" he seems to be with our team. A great article here that shows his love for both PC and MM without being flakey. Just pure love and a WANT TO, which he showed last year. He may not get 1,500 yards in a season or 17 TDs, but man is this dude a problem for other teams. I am happy to have him. Unlike some players, he WANTS to be a Seahawk.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I must admit that I was in the trade DK camp. Why? It seemed as if DK wasn't being utilized enough, whether that was on the coaching staff, Geno or even Carol remains to be seen. However, DK seems to have bought in with this new regime and perhaps we'll see him become something of a reckoning for other teams if used properly. I even read rumors that DK would even sign an extension while taking a payout. I don't think we have seen DKs true potential and I think with MM and his new coaching staff we'll see where DKs true limits lay on the horizon. Stand by for exciting time ahead.

MORGULON

Reaction score
I was in The "trade DK" group .

It was during his unprecedented run of personal fouls , holding penalties, looked like an overall bad attitude.

I don't think Seattle was using him correctly and I think the guy was frustrated.

I don't want Seattle to trade him

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm pumped about DK in this new offense. There is a chance JSN becomes the #1 but even in that scenario I think DK can be an extremely valuable piece in this offense. If they can pick it up quickly and get comfortable this offense could be really good this year.

bileever

Reaction score
I said it here before, and I say it again: trading DK would be a totally Mariners move. What I didn't add at the time (explicitly) is that the road to mediocrity is paved with trading away most of your best players year after year, which is also a totally Mariners move.
Except that the Metcalf trade wouldn't be done to save money. It's a question of whether that money could be better utilized elsewhere.

DK is the 6th highest paid WR in the league, at $24.5 million. It's legitimate to ask if that money might be better spent at other positions given that so many good young receivers are coming into the league.

I love DK, so not saying I want to trade him, but I also understand the logic.

Torc

Reaction score
One thing I noticed in Macdonald's press conferences is that DK was the player that he singled out as being difficult to gameplan against as an opposing defensive coordinator. I don't think he's eager to send him to another team. I don't think Macdonald will be as tolerant of the tantrums as Pete was. And hopefully DK is maturing anyway and won't allow DBs to get in his head as much as in the past. Having a new coaching staff is a good opportunity for him to start fresh in that sense.

If what we're hearing about the passing game under Grubb pans out (it's preseason, there is always hype but I'm hopeful!) I think we'll all be very happy to have DK this year.

bileever

Reaction score
One thing I noticed in Macdonald's press conferences is that DK was the player that he singled out as being difficult to gameplan against as an opposing defensive coordinator. I don't think he's eager to send him to another team. I don't think Macdonald will be as tolerant of the tantrums as Pete was. And hopefully DK is maturing anyway and won't allow DBs to get in his head as much as in the past. Having a new coaching staff is a good opportunity for him to start fresh in that sense.

If what we're hearing about the passing game under Grubb pans out (it's preseason, there is always hype but I'm hopeful!) I think we'll all be very happy to have DK this year.
In watching the UW this past season, I was impressed at how Grubb spread the ball to other receivers, even when he had an All-American in Rome Odunze. Ja'Lynn Polk and Jalen McMillan got 114 catches between the two of them. And Jack Westover had 46 receptions as well. Hopefully, Grubb takes advantage of what DK brings with his size and speed. With our three receivers and Noah Fant and KW9, we should be able to create mismatches all over the field.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Remember folks, wins and losses are decided by who has the most draft picks at the start of the 1st quarter. No need to play the games anymore, injuries are becoming a real concern.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I was in the camp of trade-him-if-we-can-rake-some-team-over-the-coals-for-humongous-amounts-of-draft-capital.

Or not, and feed him 1200 yards + XX TDs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm in the trade him before you get less when his contract enters the
final year or two.
I don't want to overpay for anyone really and WRs are eventually going to be
treated like RBs as there are plenty coming out of passing offenses in college.
when we look at just UW there is 3 right there.
My vision is the winning teams of the future will be the ones who are well rounded
as a team without overpaying at any one spot.
I want wins not overhyped, overpaid and comfortable (less effort) players,
I like DK so don't get me wrong but I hate paying that much to a WR.

calinator

Reaction score
When DK isn't acting like an immature, petulant, selfish jackass costing is 15 yards at time, he's an incredible player to have on your team.
This. My opinion on DK will change when I see he isn't letting other players get under his skin and costing us yards, his talent doesn't make up for it. He is a physical specimen but he's really not special. catching and route running are more important than having a linebacker at WR that runs a 4.3 with stone hands. He could be an amazing receiver if his route running skills were better but he's simply pretty good. I haven't read the article yet but I need to see it to believe it from him, if he starts costing yards and fighting the other team i'll gladly be back on the DK hate train but for now give him the benefit.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I was in the trade DK camp and still am. For what he has being paid DK has been unproductive and when his contract is up in 2 yrs I am expecting he will be demanding $30-35 million per year. At what he is being paid I do expect 1500 receiving yards and 15 TDs anything less is a disappointment

chrispy

Reaction score
Trade him or Don't Trade him is an irrelevant argument.

It 100% comes down to the compensation. If JS gets more in return (draft picks/player/s/cap savings) then it's a good idea to trade him. If not, don't. Everyone's got a price.

The Seahawks have managed the WR group well in that Lockett will probably retire before JSN gets a big contract. There are probably ways to keep DK and JSN just as they kept Lockett and DK. Filling in the rest of the group with unique athletes that require coverage even if they don't get many balls and also come cheap seems like a winning combo.

...but if the Broncos come calling with 4 picks, you trade him.