It's time for John Ursua

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think a 6-5 WR like Ferguson would be far more impactful and more likely to actually make some things happen than Ursua. Maybe he can be a good player that can help us but penciling him in as the next DB or coming in and producing on 3rd down like Gordon is a pipe dream. Not this year he hasn't played a down in anything but exhibition. Ferguson because of the clear match up problem he creates would have a far better chance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to see him get a few plays as well. Of course, they are 11-3 w/out him and when they think it's time for him to get in there, he'll be in there. They know a lot more about football than any of us do.
Looking forward to seeing him play, whenever that may be. But IF he is that good, he would already be playing. Time will tell. I'm sure he'll make the most out of his opportunity.

StoneCold

Reaction score
What I liked about Ursua in preseason was his quick twitch. He seemed to get separation and when open had good hands. If he can do that, and sustain it he could have a long NFL career.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd love to see Ursua get some snaps, but Gordon leaving really has nothing to do with Ursua. Not the same position.

Gordon leaving means more Moore and Brown, not our 3rd string slot receiver behind Turner/Lockett.

But yeah, if we can get Ursua in there, I'd like to see what he's got.

OP
OP
xray

xray

Reaction score
Mad Dog":38tfahpa said:
onanygivensunday":38tfahpa said:
Watch his senior year highlights video. The guy is money in the red zone on rub-type play calls.

I sure hope that he sees the field this year.

College? College?
This is the NFL son. Making plays in college only minimally projects to making plays in the NFL. Gary Jennings and Amara Darboh's college tapes were awesome too.

He'll either be good or he won't and he'll play when the coaches think he's ready. They clearly like him or they would have cut him long ago. But we have guy that have been in the system longer and do the little things right. Gotta beat out those guys and it's not about hands and routes. It's about ST value, run blocking, knowing the playbook.

Then watch his pre season highlights ; wearing a Seahawks uniform...Son

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xray":czp2aog7 said:
Mad Dog":czp2aog7 said:
onanygivensunday":czp2aog7 said:
Watch his senior year highlights video. The guy is money in the red zone on rub-type play calls.

I sure hope that he sees the field this year.

College? College?
This is the NFL son. Making plays in college only minimally projects to making plays in the NFL. Gary Jennings and Amara Darboh's college tapes were awesome too.

He'll either be good or he won't and he'll play when the coaches think he's ready. They clearly like him or they would have cut him long ago. But we have guy that have been in the system longer and do the little things right. Gotta beat out those guys and it's not about hands and routes. It's about ST value, run blocking, knowing the playbook.

Then watch his pre season highlights ; wearing a Seahawks uniform...Son

Preseason is almost as meaningless as college.

Smellyman

Reaction score
StoneCold":3592t6nd said:
What I liked about Ursua in preseason was his quick twitch. He seemed to get separation and when open had good hands. If he can do that, and sustain it he could have a long NFL career.

I was surprised that he was so quick in preseason. He didn't look that quick twitch in college.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
They obviously are high on him by keeping him on the roster to keep another team from plucking him off of the practice squad, but if he was ready for real NFL football I think he would have seen some meaningful playing time before now.
Sure Gordon is gone, but he still didn't get any PT ahead of the likes of Turner and Brown before Gordon. I'm not expecting him to be even a minor factor this season.

John63

Reaction score
LOl we go into the final 2 games and playoffs with 1 known WR, a Rookie with drops and fumble issues and a bunch of no names, done nothings adn peple think a rookie hwo has been unalbe to get ont he filed atll will help. LOL

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
John63":386g5mrt said:
LOl we go into the final 2 games and playoffs with 1 known WR, a Rookie with drops and fumble issues and a bunch of no names, done nothings adn peple think a rookie hwo has been unalbe to get ont he filed atll will help. LOL
that rookie just happens to be the #1 rookie wide receiver in the NFL.

John63

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1ti2hphv said:
John63":1ti2hphv said:
that rookie just happens to be the #1 rookie wide receiver in the NFL.

Goodie does not change the fumbles and drops though

Smellyman

Reaction score
Largent80":r0wb8715 said:
Ursuas problem is Lockett. both are slot wr's.

backups are needed. Plus Lockett isn't near exclusively slot.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Smellyman":1vefic90 said:
StoneCold":1vefic90 said:

I was surprised that he was so quick in preseason. He didn't look that quick twitch in college.
He had a knee injury(torn acl) which he had surgery towards the end of of his sophomore year. Yes he did lead the nation in TD's his junior year, however, he was only playing at about 80%.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3inrwxta said:
I think a 6-5 WR like Ferguson would be far more impactful and more likely to actually make some things happen than Ursua. Maybe he can be a good player that can help us but penciling him in as the next DB or coming in and producing on 3rd down like Gordon is a pipe dream. Not this year he hasn't played a down in anything but exhibition. Ferguson because of the clear match up problem he creates would have a far better chance.

LOL, Yeah, it's too bad that he isn't a 6'-5" Receiver like Doug Baldwin was, or a 6'-7'' guy like Lockett, Wilson needs all the big Receivers he can get. :mrgreen:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bypkk1w said:
I'd love to see Ursua get some snaps, but Gordon leaving really has nothing to do with Ursua. Not the same position.

Gordon leaving means more Moore and Brown, not our 3rd string slot receiver behind Turner/Lockett.

I think everyone wants to see what he can do in an actual regular season game. However, with two games to go and the #1 seed in the playoffs within reach, is it really time to dip into the bottom of the roster just to see what you have in a 7th rounder who showed potential in the preseason?!

toffee

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3an6qiba said:
Sgt. Largent":3an6qiba said:

I think everyone wants to see what he can do in an actual regular season game. However, with two games to go and the #1 seed in the playoffs within reach, is it really time to dip into the bottom of the roster just to see what you have in a 7th rounder who showed potential in the preseason?!

I expect to see some Ursua next game, IF, we are up by 3 TDS. Pete would want to see what Ursua can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ursua is inactive again today.

Consider that in the optimal Seahawks gameplan we pass around 30 times. How should those targets ideally be spread out?

10 targets to Lockett
8 targets to Metcalf
6 targets to Hollister
5 targets to RBs
1 target to Brown/Turner/Moore/Ursua

There's a very good reason why that last group doesn't get many targets and is heavily skewed to run blockers. There's only one football and not that many targets to go around.