Is there a chance the Hawks take a rb with a high pick?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
vin.couve12":33kw1hkn said:
ImTheScientist":33kw1hkn said:
Keith Marshall please
I guess when I mentioned Ervin and Pressley as the real home run threats, I kind of left Marshall out. He's got the best home run threat of all of them. His acceleration and n/s speed is insane.

[youtube]qcJ8k5zr9dI[/youtube]

[youtube]CEDaTV4p28o[/youtube]

Yea too bad he was injured. So much upside still.
Anybody know what round Davonte Booker would be picked? That kid looks good too.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at upright backs as great for traditional blocking systems, they have a hole they hit it and let size and power take over, our system needs a back that can read react and cut on a dime and have power and elusiveness great balance and great leg strength and can get up to full speed in a step or two.

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":2r9gupkh said:
HawkGA":2r9gupkh said:
I'm guessing since Henry is coming in for an official visit, he WON'T be drafted by the Hawks. Seems like they usually use visits as a smokescreen. Anybody have any actual tallies on visits and draft selections to know if that is correct?

Screen Shot 2015 04 28 at 42333 PM0

Last year's list. I think 4 of our drafted players were team visits. In addition, none of those names look like smoke screenz. They all look like legit Seahakws propsects, just as Henry has the look of a legit prospect for us.

That being said, tthree names come to mind from the last 4 years that were conspicuously absent from the visit lists. Bruce Irvin, Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett . . . All three were players Seattle felt like they had to have.

Good stuff, thank you. For some reason I thought I remember hearing that they liked to be careful with their pre-draft visits so as to not tip their hand on who they might be interested in. Perhaps not or perhaps they mix it up a bit more.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Going to go out on a limb here, but IMO Dixon is the best back in this draft and one of the best overall football players in general and may need to be taken in the 2nd. Rawls would be irrelevant to the pick because he'll eventually lose snaps to Dixon.

[youtube]h0lVpkJe0TM[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":341b7vgo said:
Going to go out on a limb here, but IMO Dixon is the best back in this draft and one of the best overall football players in general and may need to be taken in the 2nd. Rawls would be irrelevant to the pick because he'll eventually lose snaps to Dixon.

[youtube]h0lVpkJe0TM[/youtube]

I like him also, add a year of time with him getting back up snaps and learning stuff as well as getting a NFL body and he is a every down back.

penihawk

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, I think Dixon could be a star in our Offense. He is one of my favorite players in this draft and I think he would need to be taken at 56 to get him if he is not already off the board then. I would love the pick if they made it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3am2n49f said:
I'm not so sure that Kennith Dixon isn't the back. He likes to finish his runs, sets up some of his own blocks, and also just happens to be adept in the passing game. NFL.com and just about everybody else has Henry, Jordan, and Booker listed ahead of him among others, but I don't like any of them more than Dixon as a back to add in the mix with our other two, assuming Rawls can return to form this next year. I really like the attitude that this kid plays with. Kind of has some of that Beast Mode fire.

[youtube]XqPnaMf3h6s[/youtube]

That was one of the most entertaining highlight reels I've seen. I can see him in a hawks uniform, and I agree I'd love to see us take him in the third round. Great find

Zorn76

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1fion890 said:
Henry lacks wiggle. He reminds me of an old USC back Sam "Bam" Cunningham. A big guy with a lot of straight ahead power. A great college player not so much in the NFL

I don't see them using a pick for a back. They will pick one up as an FE. They may pick up a low cost Vet yet.

Attachments

• Picture 1340.jpg
    Picture 1340.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 627
  • Picture 1343.jpg
    Picture 1343.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 627

Seafan

Reaction score
Strong draft in the trenches that actually match the Hawks biggest needs. No RB early. Day three perhaps.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
While everybody understands that the Oline needs help, not discounting the young guys already on the roster that we have not seen, I think a high draft choice on a RB is not out of the question. We are a run oriented team after all. And that leads me to think that JS and PC will put another bullet in the mag. Rawls's sample size is small, but I liked every minute of it, and promising but not enough to bet your RB game on for now. The change of attitude by CMike is great to see but is it permanent?

I high draft pick on a quality RB would up the stakes for Rawls and Cmike plus give us some insurance. I don't pretend to know the in's and out's of JS and PC's drafting thoughts but if they did take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round I think these would be the reasons.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Booker reminds me of Donald Brown to a tee. Mayock and everyone else was really high on Brown just like they are on Booker this year. Capable of making some big plays, yes, but overall a disappointment for most. There will be expectations of him being a starting back, but he'll be a #2 back that can start in a pinch.

[youtube]qYb34m4nxr0[/youtube]

[youtube]qY1Rib8tmp0[/youtube]

A

Anonymous

vin.couve12":34rfwh6r said:
Booker reminds me of Donald Brown to a tee. Mayock and everyone else was really high on Brown just like they are on Booker this year. Capable of making some big plays, yes, but overall a disappointment for most. There will be expectations of him being a starting back, but he'll be a #2 back that can start in a pinch.

[youtube]qYb34m4nxr0[/youtube]

[youtube]qY1Rib8tmp0[/youtube]

Vin,

Please check your PM's.

Webpage view, upper right hand corner...

:mrgreen:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I will not be shocked by a RB early.

My personal fave is Dixon, but he might interview like a punk for all I know. Henry is my odds on pick, but I will not be shocked at all if he is already gone by then. He reportedly is an impressive interview in addition to all the athleticism. His pass blocking is probably as big a deal to Pete as his running. As far as his running style, some get so caught up in how he ran behind a great line in Bama that they end up dinging him for his patient style and following his blocks.

Still, I would hate the Henry Pick for one reason, it means more tight end blocking play action football in Seattle's future, when a guy like Dixon who can be explosive in a spread look feels like the direction our offense needs to go.

I know Elliot will be gone by then. The first time I saw Elliot play, the first time I ever saw him run a single play, I was only half paying attention to the game, and he did a couple things that grabbed my attention. Can't even remember the game or opponent, but I paused, rewound, and declared that guy to be an NFL star. I am convinced that he is going to be awesome still.

Under no circumstances do I think Pete is comfortable with C-Mike as his 2.

kearly

Reaction score
Henry follows his blocks. Rawls and Dixon feel their blocks. With our run blocking system and iffy talent, it's crucial to have a RB who can anticipate and improvise.

I'm interested to know if Dixon is fast enough for Seattle. I guess they did draft Spencer Ware, but they've generally looked for explosive RBs.

I think the two most important elements for success in the Seahawks running game right now are explosiveness and instincts. Seattle's interest in Ervin makes a ton of sense to me because he is very strong in those two areas.

If Henry makes it to #56 I think there will be a discussion about him. Otherwise I don't think Seattle will look at RB until rounds 3-5.

CPHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":vbh97vt6 said:
I'm guessing since Henry is coming in for an official visit, he WON'T be drafted by the Hawks. Seems like they usually use visits as a smokescreen. Anybody have any actual tallies on visits and draft selections to know if that is correct?

It wasn't a smoke screen with Michael.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lots of teams could be interested in Dixon here in the rest of the third, but I hope not.

Sent from Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he has no pressure just has to learn the Pro game, can run and catch, just need to teach blocking.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kearly":2a6dh1kb said:
Henry follows his blocks. Rawls and Dixon feel their blocks. With our run blocking system and iffy talent, it's crucial to have a RB who can anticipate and improvise.

I'm interested to know if Dixon is fast enough for Seattle. I guess they did draft Spencer Ware, but they've generally looked for explosive RBs.

I think the two most important elements for success in the Seahawks running game right now are explosiveness and instincts. Seattle's interest in Ervin makes a ton of sense to me because he is very strong in those two areas.

If Henry makes it to #56 I think there will be a discussion about him. Otherwise I don't think Seattle will look at RB until rounds 3-5.
I'm guessing your question about speed played a part. They went with the faster player who was one of the only other complete backs.

Sent from Tapatalk

Latest posts