Is our Defense really 30th in stopping the run?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I believe our defense is stout against the run minus the lapses. But 3 games into the season we have given up 438 yds. I know it's early but I don't recall the Hawks under PC ever being rated this low on rush defense and overall defense.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Handful of huge runs skew the numbers but yeah those typically don't happen either.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I read yesterday that we are currently 30th at 5.3ypc, but if you take out both the long runs from Hyde and Murray (which you cant) we are at 3.8ypc.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Yes, that's what happens when your defense is mentally and physically gassed. They give up long runs. It used to be what we did to other teams. If our offense can get its act together, our defense will stop giving up these rare, but record setting, runs.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3d70y1wu said:
I read yesterday that we are currently 30th at 5.3ypc, but if you take out both the long runs from Hyde and Murray (which you cant) we are at 3.8ypc.

Actually we are dead last in the NFL in average gain per run at 5.3

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seymour":2s68libg said:
Hawk_Nation":2s68libg said:

Actually we are dead last in the NFL in average gain per run at 5.3

Split hairs much?

We are dead last in YPC average, but 30th in Rushing YPG. Both are crap sammiches no matter ho you dice it.

Latest posts