Is Marshawn returning a sign that reconciliation is possible

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3avlud4s said:
pittpnthrs":3avlud4s said:
Sgt. Largent":3avlud4s said:
pittpnthrs":3avlud4s said:
Who else was Easley going to be associated with,,,,the Cardinals? A mans ego will trump his resentment any day.

A man's ego? The Seahawks ruined Easley's career by forcing him to pop pain meds and Ibuprofen to the point of his kidney's failing. The team didn't even tell him his kidney's were failing, yet he tried to keep playing. His career was cut short, and and he sued the Hawks.

Don't post flippant responses if you don't know the history.

I know the history and it wasnt bad enough that he doesnt want to be remembered. Having his name in that stadium for all to see is obviously more important than his resentment towards the organization or he wouldnt have done it. You seem to know it all, so if you somehow talked with Kenny and are coming up with a different scenario, please let us all know about it and how he really feels.

Did you know they asked Easley to be in the Ring of Honor multiple times through the late 90's and 2000's, and he still refused?

That's how much resentment he still had towards what happened.

My point is he is the worst case scenario of this question, and even that ended well over time.

So I have no doubt guys like Earl, Sherm and even Mikey B will eventually embrace being ex-Hawks. Especially if guys like Kam, Cliff and now Marshawn are still around.

Not everybody is the same and I have no doubt that somebody from that team will hold on to their bitterness and out the story.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":oko1ked4 said:
Cyrus12":oko1ked4 said:
Spin Doctor":oko1ked4 said:
Scorpion05":oko1ked4 said:
There are some very false narratives around that playcall. If Butler is even a half step late, that’s a TD. The main issue is that the rub route didn’t work, poor execution from Kearse and Lockette

My favorite narrative is from Stephen A, who says the play was called to give Russ the MVP. As if they didn’t call a run play right before that and Lynch got stopped at the 1. There was a possibility Lynch could have gotten that TD from that 1st run, they just overthought it and I have no doubt an incomplete pass would have led to a run on 3rd down.
"If Butler is even a half step late, that is a TD".

Most plays in football come down to who has a half-step. The old adage that football is a game of inches while cliche still rings true. You pointed out the fundamental FLAW in that play call yourself. It was a play that operates on a razor thin margin even when executed properly. Then we have the big elephant in the room, Brandon Browner.

The play hinged on Kearse being able to get a clean break on Brandon Browner so that he could pick off Butler. Do I even need to explain the idiocy of this play design? We specifically dialed up a play against a player that we knew well. A player that made a whole career off of pressing players at the LOS, a player that was the most physically intimidating DBs in football, a PLAYER that even elite receivers struggled getting free from at the LOS. That guy. To top things off Bronwer knew what the play was before it even started, it was a play he played in practices against on the Seahawks. He then tipped Butler off pre-snap. We called a play that played into the strength of the opposing defender, and we called a play that the guy had intimate knowledge of in a crucial situation.

If that wasn't enough we called on a WR that was a career special teamer to make the biggest play in franchise history. A receiver known for sloppy route running and dubious hands to make a play that calls for precise route running over the middle of the football field. THAT'S NOT ALL, Belicheck also stated that what we lined up in that specific formation in the red zone that we always ran that specific play. They all knew what play was coming, and we played into their players strengths, and yet some people are surprised that the play didn't work out (Bevell).

You can stand out in an open field with a large metal rod facing the sky during a lightning storm. You may make it out unscaved, but don't be surprised if and when you end up zapped by lighting. This is what the Seahawks effectively did with that play call. I understand that you like Pete, but in this case you need to call a spade a spade. It was objectively a really poor play design when you factor everything in. Not even the fact that they called the pass, this play was mind numbingly stupid on so many different levels. This play is indefensible and Pete as well as Bevell absolutely should be ridiculed for dialing it up.

Wasnt exactly an on target throw from Wilson either. Run the ball they win. Yes perhaps they wanted Wilson to win the mvp...otherwise Lynch gets it.
The ball was placed where it was supposed to be. Wilson was throwing to a location. Unfortunately, Lockette ran a crappy route and momentarily hesitated before taking off on his route. He shanked it.

In the past I've written a version of Spin's first post with similar analysis and conclusions. Expecting Kearse to manhandle Browner out of the way, as a crucial part of the play design? Ludicrous. Bevell as the OC is responsible for knowing the matchups. It's not like he'd never seen Brandon Browner before. Watch Browner's highlights video where he destroys like 5 Cardinals on a punt return play, playing on special teams. And Kearse, giving up 20+ lbs and having shorter arms, is supposed to push Browner into Butler's path? Right.

The specifics of Lockette's route, in terms of the timing, that is new information to me, if accurate. Lockette was not an NFL-quality receiver. If it had been Lockette doing the pick and Kearse running the route, at least it wouldn't have been a pick, and probably would have been a TD.

When Pete didn't have Bevell resign for throwing Lockette under the bus, instead of taking responsibility, that was an outrage. Even a public apology from Bev to Lockette for throwing him under the bus, and Bev taking full responsibility would have been OK. What did we get? Crickets. Protect the team? Bevell violates that with no consequences. I will never forgive Bevell for doing that to Lockette. I would think a lot of players would feel the same way. Anyone ever see that Bevell apologized to Lockette and took responsibility? It would be news to me.

Russell's throw... so it was on the spot and Lockette wasn't, cuz his route was off? Russell threw the ball a little high, but it shouldn't have mattered. It took EVERYTHING going a little wrong in just the way it did for the pick to happen.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yesterday, Seahawks.com put up a 41-picture still set from their practice.

Lynch was in five of them, all him standing around talking to coaches. Not one action shot.

Hopefully Pete uses him more as a decoy than as a crutch.

lukerguy

Reaction score
xray":5xztby4m said:
scutterhawk":5xztby4m said:
Wenhawk":5xztby4m said:
My bet is that Bevell was the rift.

I agree 100 %, Bevell was the cat who monkeyed up the play-call, and then shirked the blame onto Lockette..Pete took the blame because bottom line?, everything goes through him....Even Bevell's massive mistake.

The biggest play of the game was not engineered by Bevell alone . That play had Carrolls fingerprints all over it . He is still to this day involved in boneheaded offensive plays every game .

Actually, you're wrong. If you watch the footage of Pete getting ready to see the play unfold, he puts his hands on his knees and says, "Ok what do we got here?", to Bevell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
olyfan63":16wz3mah said:
Spin Doctor":16wz3mah said:
Cyrus12":16wz3mah said:
Spin Doctor":16wz3mah said:
"If Butler is even a half step late, that is a TD".

Most plays in football come down to who has a half-step. The old adage that football is a game of inches while cliche still rings true. You pointed out the fundamental FLAW in that play call yourself. It was a play that operates on a razor thin margin even when executed properly. Then we have the big elephant in the room, Brandon Browner.

The play hinged on Kearse being able to get a clean break on Brandon Browner so that he could pick off Butler. Do I even need to explain the idiocy of this play design? We specifically dialed up a play against a player that we knew well. A player that made a whole career off of pressing players at the LOS, a player that was the most physically intimidating DBs in football, a PLAYER that even elite receivers struggled getting free from at the LOS. That guy. To top things off Bronwer knew what the play was before it even started, it was a play he played in practices against on the Seahawks. He then tipped Butler off pre-snap. We called a play that played into the strength of the opposing defender, and we called a play that the guy had intimate knowledge of in a crucial situation.

If that wasn't enough we called on a WR that was a career special teamer to make the biggest play in franchise history. A receiver known for sloppy route running and dubious hands to make a play that calls for precise route running over the middle of the football field. THAT'S NOT ALL, Belicheck also stated that what we lined up in that specific formation in the red zone that we always ran that specific play. They all knew what play was coming, and we played into their players strengths, and yet some people are surprised that the play didn't work out (Bevell).

You can stand out in an open field with a large metal rod facing the sky during a lightning storm. You may make it out unscaved, but don't be surprised if and when you end up zapped by lighting. This is what the Seahawks effectively did with that play call. I understand that you like Pete, but in this case you need to call a spade a spade. It was objectively a really poor play design when you factor everything in. Not even the fact that they called the pass, this play was mind numbingly stupid on so many different levels. This play is indefensible and Pete as well as Bevell absolutely should be ridiculed for dialing it up.

Wasnt exactly an on target throw from Wilson either. Run the ball they win. Yes perhaps they wanted Wilson to win the mvp...otherwise Lynch gets it.
The ball was placed where it was supposed to be. Wilson was throwing to a location. Unfortunately, Lockette ran a crappy route and momentarily hesitated before taking off on his route. He shanked it.

In the past I've written a version of Spin's first post with similar analysis and conclusions. Expecting Kearse to manhandle Browner out of the way, as a crucial part of the play design? Ludicrous. Bevell as the OC is responsible for knowing the matchups. It's not like he'd never seen Brandon Browner before. Watch Browner's highlights video where he destroys like 5 Cardinals on a punt return play, playing on special teams. And Kearse, giving up 20+ lbs and having shorter arms, is supposed to push Browner into Butler's path? Right.

The specifics of Lockette's route, in terms of the timing, that is new information to me, if accurate. Lockette was not an NFL-quality receiver. If it had been Lockette doing the pick and Kearse running the route, at least it wouldn't have been a pick, and probably would have been a TD.

When Pete didn't have Bevell resign for throwing Lockette under the bus, instead of taking responsibility, that was an outrage. Even a public apology from Bev to Lockette for throwing him under the bus, and Bev taking full responsibility would have been OK. What did we get? Crickets. Protect the team? Bevell violates that with no consequences. I will never forgive Bevell for doing that to Lockette. I would think a lot of players would feel the same way. Anyone ever see that Bevell apologized to Lockette and took responsibility? It would be news to me.

Russell's throw... so it was on the spot and Lockette wasn't, cuz his route was off? Russell threw the ball a little high, but it shouldn't have mattered. It took EVERYTHING going a little wrong in just the way it did for the pick to happen.[/quote
It was a high throw and Wilson even admitted it wasnt where it was supposed to be. If Kearse would of been running the route it would of bounced out of his hands and into a defenders. Why not a fake to Lynch and Wilson runs it in. It worked just a couple times.....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cyrus12":37zosgv4 said:
.......When Pete didn't have Bevell resign for throwing Lockette under the bus, instead of taking responsibility, that was an outrage. Even a public apology from Bev to Lockette for throwing him under the bus, and Bev taking full responsibility would have been OK. What did we get? Crickets. Protect the team? Bevell violates that with no consequences. I will never forgive Bevell for doing that to Lockette. I would think a lot of players would feel the same way......

For all the complaints about and criticisms of Pete there is zero doubt in my mind this is the one that is most deserved. Not AT LEAST forcing a public apology out of Bev was inexcusable.