Interesting take on Penix

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score

Penix as a Seahawk?​

Mike Salk agreed with Klatt’s assessment of Penix as a pro, and said he’d love for the Seahawks to take him if he’s available.

Let’s just say Klatt doesn’t want that to happen.

“Please no … I’m sorry, but the Seahawks, that’s like seeing Jaxon Smith-Njigba go up there,” Klatt said, referencing Seattle’s first-round receiver from last year’s draft. “It’s like a Ferrari putting around 5 mph. I don’t want Penix in that offense … Penix with the Seahawks, what are we talking about? Can we please send him to an offensive mind, like a young guy? Can we see him with (the Rams’ Sean) McVay or (Miami’s Mike) McDaniel? Penix to Seattle? I don’t want to see him hand off 37 times.”

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Penix as a Seahawk?​

Mike Salk agreed with Klatt’s assessment of Penix as a pro, and said he’d love for the Seahawks to take him if he’s available.

“Please no … I’m sorry, but the Seahawks, that’s like seeing Jaxon Smith-Njigba go up there,” Klatt said, referencing Seattle’s first-round receiver from last year’s draft. “It’s like a Ferrari putting around 5 mph. I don’t want Penix in that offense … Penix with the Seahawks, what are we talking about? Can we please send him to an offensive mind, like a young guy? Can we see him with (the Rams’ Sean) McVay or (Miami’s Mike) McDaniel? Penix to Seattle? I don’t want to see him hand off 37 times.”
I mean, he has a point.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Interesting..

It kind of sucks when you know the worst thing that can happen to a player you love is being drafted by your favorite team.

I'm forever grateful for Pete, but I'll never understand the people who think Carroll can compete with the McDaniel's, Shanny's and McVay's of the league by sticking to his "you win in the 4th" schtick.

It worked with a top 5 defense of all time because almost anything works with a top five defense of all time. There are coaches out there that do much more with less, let's go find one while we celebrate all that Pete has done for this franchise and fanbase.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Except his point is BS. Look at some stats for dog's sake. We're about a 60% passing team. 🤷‍♂️
Not really in some ways...

We don't invest heavily in the trenches. We take toys in the late first and second rounds when mauling guards and centers are there for the picking. A guy with a 2X reconstructed knee is much better off on a team that puts priority in the line. Pete talks tough, but we are soft. That's why we just saw Pittsburgh physically just kick our ass.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Penix as a Seahawk?​

That's sad when other people say they would dislike seeing a top prospect go to the Seahawks because they would be wasted in Pete's system.

This is the reason Noah Fant is probably gone . He'll go to a team that wants to get the ball into his hands more than once or twice every couple of weeks.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Except his point is BS. Look at some stats for dog's sake. We're about a 60% passing team. 🤷‍♂️
We're a 60% passing ATTEMPTS team.

30% to DK on go routes outside the numbers. 30% to Tyler on go routes outside the numbers.

Only thing that's changed with that is that Geno is now sailing 75% of the attempts to both on that and fade routes in the end zone in the last 4 games.

Jac

Reaction score
I thematically understand his point, but Seattle has passed for 3,978 yards to Miami's 4,525 yards (#1). Aside, Carroll is a dead man walking. Whether through age, team mediocrity, or ownership change...he's near the end of his tenure with the team. But beyond that, I think Penix (despite the "red flags") is going to climb draft boards. And if he puts on a show Monday, all bets are off and we're going to have to go up to get him. I just see a team like New England or Washington grabbing him.

sutz

Reaction score
We're a 60% passing ATTEMPTS team.

30% to DK on go routes outside the numbers. 30% to Tyler on go routes outside the numbers.

Only thing that's changed with that is that Geno is now sailing 75% of the attempts to both on that and fade routes in the end zone in the last 4 games.
Run/pass ratio is always about attempts. If you want to cherry pick you have to take out the run plays that get stopped behind the line of scrimmage as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Penix has all the tools you want except being Mobile, and I think that aspect is starting to fade again. Saying that there are a handful of teams already that have him as a no select in the draft due to his injury history, we have seen in drafts players fall that were on a talent level top 15 picks to be picked up late or signed as UDFA with a contract payout. If he wins this week and lights it up the draft room argument would be interesting to hear on a team by team level.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well Penix has all the tools you want except being Mobile, and I think that aspect is starting to fade again. Saying that there are a handful of teams already that have him as a no select in the draft due to his injury history, we have seen in drafts players fall that were on a talent level top 15 picks to be picked up late or signed as UDFA with a contract payout. If he wins this week and lights it up the draft room argument would be interesting to hear on a team by team level.
He's mobile in the pocket and he still has the speed to go out when he wants.

knownone

Reaction score
Except... The Rams, Niners, and Dolphins all hand the ball off more than Seattle. The Niners are 1st. The Dolphins are 10th. The Rams are 11th. The Seahawks are 25th. They haven't been a run-dominant offense, whether total or ratio, since 2018.

But who cares? Joel Klatt probably hasn't watched many Seahawks games.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Proposing that the Niners and Miami run more as proof is a little misleading. Their point differential is also much better which leads to different game scripts. When you’re up 10 late you tend to run more.