Interesting - A Lions writeup/take on our win.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Dude has a couple interesting points about us in the article.

And not from a 'you suck' perspective - from a "Seahawks made the proper adjustments at...." type of thing.

Interesting enough for a minute:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Pretty good read...

All my time on .net has led me to believe that Pete and staff just drink beer and shoot hoops at the VMAC all week. It's interesting to see an opponent fans perspective on a "well conceived plan".

(not that Pete doesn't drive me to the point of insanity at times)

keasley45

Reaction score
From the article:

One thing stood out quickly on the rewatch: Seattle had a well-conceived plan. They used ever-changing personnel packages and alignments to never let Lions DC Aaron Glenn dictate the action. It was clear on the coaching tape; the Lions defenders were always pointing, scrambling, adjusting pre-snap to the Seahawks, not vice versa.

And when the Lions showed blitz, Smith and the Seahawk smartly opted for the quick passing game. It was uncanny how well they identified and reacted to pressure.

End quote.

I mentioned after week 1 that the Offense had to be opened up and less predictable. They did that, and what's more, they did it relying predominantly on Geno's arm rather than the run game.

The diversity in the passing game has been something lacking during Pete's tenure. I'd wager he's been reluctant to give in to it, but now with Geno showing he can drop a nearly 75% completion percentage moving the chains and scoring... it bodes well for the future when we begin to fully integrate the run game.

sutz

Reaction score
From the article:

One thing stood out quickly on the rewatch: Seattle had a well-conceived plan. They used ever-changing personnel packages and alignments to never let Lions DC Aaron Glenn dictate the action. It was clear on the coaching tape; the Lions defenders were always pointing, scrambling, adjusting pre-snap to the Seahawks, not vice versa.

And when the Lions showed blitz, Smith and the Seahawk smartly opted for the quick passing game. It was uncanny how well they identified and reacted to pressure.

End quote.

I mentioned after week 1 that the Offense had to be opened up and less predictable. They did that, and what's more, they did it relying predominantly on Geno's arm rather than the run game.

The diversity in the passing game has been something lacking during Pete's tenure. I'd wager he's been reluctant to give in to it, but now with Geno showing he can drop a nearly 75% completion percentage moving the chains and scoring... it bodes well for the future when we begin to fully integrate the run game.
Y'know, having an actual OC scheming up a modern passing game is a little different than "let Russ cook." ;)

IAE, it's nice having a QB that actually follows the game plan and uses the resources available to him. Geno seems to be the "point guard" kind of QB that Pete says he loves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Pretty good read...

All my time on .net has led me to believe that Pete and staff just drink beer and shoot hoops at the VMAC all week. It's interesting to see an opponent fans perspective on a "well conceived plan".

(not that Pete doesn't drive me to the point of insanity at times)
That's exactly why I posted it -

We get a bit myopic and assume the worst in alot of cases -

Interesting to have an outside take that, ya, occasionally we present as better than we think!

keasley45

Reaction score
Y'know, having an actual OC scheming up a modern passing game is a little different than "let Russ cook." ;)

IAE, it's nice having a QB that actually follows the game plan and uses the resources available to him. Geno seems to be the "point guard" kind of QB that Pete says he loves.

And a qb who can identify what the defense is doing and take advantage of it.

Whether stepping slightly in the pocket to avoid pressure, hitting the hot route, moving guys with his eyes, picking up yards on the ground (ignoring the -17), dropping dimes... he was almost flawless.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A QB that uses a wrist band, and doesn't constantly snap the ball late, doesn't waste time outs, doesn't get delay of game penalties setting them back another 5 yards, and doesn't cause his own offensive players to false start with his hard counts.

Love me some Geno!