Insider Info

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2edb5eai said:
Looks like our run defense isn't going to improve anytime soon.

Yep. The Hawks are currently giving up 89 rushing yards per game (6th in the NFL), an average of 3.3 yards per carry (Tied for 1st) and have surrendered 3 rushing touchdowns (2nd).

Pretty bad right?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1gxry2sw said:
Tech Worlds":1gxry2sw said:

Yep. The Hawks are currently giving up 89 rushing yards per game (6th in the NFL), an average of 3.3 yards per carry (Tied for 1st) and have surrendered 3 rushing touchdowns (2nd).

Pretty bad right?

Well to be honest, the first 3 weeks we did not allow 100 yards rushing (Bobby healthy), the last 3 weeks each opponent had over 100 yards rushing (Bobby not healthy). Through the first 3 weeks we were giving up just a bit over 64 yards a game on the ground, now, as you stated, it sits at 89 per game. That's quite the jump in 3 games if you ask me.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Pete sounded pretty grim when initially talking about Wags' injury. This is a total bummer.

razgriz737

Reaction score
sad.gif

kidhawk

Reaction score
Although it's not the news I wanted to hear it doesn't surprise me. When Pete said it would be awhile he also said it was still in a cast. When I heard that I just assumed at least Thanksgiving before we saw him at the earliest.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":38n5cz75 said:
Aros, how did the shindig go last night? Did any ladies throw underwear on the stage? Hee hee ...

It went very well my friend! The power went out for a couple of hours but a friend of ours went and got his generator. We jammed in the dark until the power came back on...Crazy night but we had a blast! Next time I want you there mister!!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1nid7dzz said:
Might as well put Coyle at MLB and let Wright play next to him at WSLB. With KJ at MLB, we suffer against the run.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2ofewbhy said:
Honestly I'd rather to waited to hear Pete Carroll say it. Not criticizing. Shouldn't have clicked this thread. But It's more fun to hear news from Pete Carroll or John Schneider rather than someone on a message board who's friend is a "source".

Edit: Not sure if "Fun" is the correct word, but I'd just rather would hear news from someone actually from the Seahawks.
What's wrong with it? Pete's latest update on BWagz status backs this info up.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Putting an ultra positive spin on this, Bobby was off to the Pro Bowl (maybe even All-Pro) with his play this year. That would likely have increased his contract next season. At least this way we might be able to get him that bit cheaper.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1piboaqj said:
If Pete says it is going to be a while, a priest is currently giving last rites.

Turf toe (that's what he has, right?) is no joke. I'm not sure Okung has totally gotten over his, and that was last year.
Hopefully Willis stays out equally as long.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bummer, losing our D-MVP like that. Was playing at an All-Pro level.

Silver Linings:

Croyle and KPL get more playing time. Both have talent. Croyle is like a David Hawthorne-esque solid level talent. But KPL could be special. Experience is everything.

Wright is in the spot-light. Showcasing his abilities at two positions. He's smart and tough enough to handle the responsibilities. If he does well, he makes a strong case to be re-signed by the team or shows he's a highly valuable player through versatility and leadership and possibly improves his what I predict to be a 5th round comp to a 4th rounder.

Wagner without Swagner. Wagner was making a strong wave in the future commitment sense in which they were likely to re-sign Wagz to a huge deal this off-season or it would have been just wrong. Now Seahawks gained a little leverage in the situation and now he might sign for a little less or roll the dice to bank in his contract year.

But again losing Bobby sucks.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Maybe we can bring back Horace Miller, you can never have too many rookie LB'ers!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner is awesome when he plays, too bad he's turning into Marcus Tubbs health wise.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1qr64vx2 said:
Tech Worlds":1qr64vx2 said:
Might as well put Coyle at MLB and let Wright play next to him at WSLB. With KJ at MLB, we suffer against the run.

You obviously were not watching when Coyle was at MLB in the Cowboys game. The middle of the field was an open track field for the Cowboys.

Rainger

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2csb686p said:
Honestly I'd rather to waited to hear Pete Carroll say it. Not criticizing. Shouldn't have clicked this thread. But It's more fun to hear news from Pete Carroll or John Schneider rather than someone on a message board who's friend is a "source".

Edit: Not sure if "Fun" is the correct word, but I'd just rather would hear news from someone actually from the Seahawks.
Wow if you didn't want to read this then you are right you should not have clicked the thread. Why are you on this site????

I actually joined this site, when I found it, because of threads exactly like this. Information (from a source) or not that gives me some possible inside info on the Hawks. I hate the main stream media where they make things up or twist information to get clicks.

I would believe anything Aros said over anything in any sports media site. Also Aros has said in previous posts that his info is coming from a source getting info from someone on the team. Which means it may or may not be completely correct but it will have some point of truth. Sure it may not always be totally accurate but at least it is information that satisfies out thirst for everything Hawks!

Don't like the message from the messenger go read Prisco, Freeman, Florio and get all sorts of good info :pukeface:

Keep up the posts Aros.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2unkc6bx said:
dumbrabbit":2unkc6bx said:

Talking down someones information because you don't want to see it isn't exactly good taste. Actually if you just want to hear Seahawks news from a broadcast media source why do you participate in a message board? The news and details of information here come from all over and only a minor percentage is Seahawks sourced. Knowing insider information from a credible source is something that this forum has prided itself on for years. I am sure many others do appreciate the effort of those that share it here.

I 2nd it. :{)

blue 22

Reaction score
Good news I think... Pete just said on brock and salk that bwag would be back in a couple weeks... :snack:

Im guessing 4 now but what do I know.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They must have a small glimmer of hope he will return if they didn't IR him right away.

But yeah.. this sucks. Wagner is a huge part to the defense.