Injuries are never an excuse

Happybelly

Reaction score
I find this an odd topic when the Seahawks looked like half the team they are today when they had multiple key players out in the middle of the season. Every team deals with injuries, but they can certainly derail a season. They probably would have derailed the Hawks season if their key players hadn't returned to health when they did.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The reason Cardinals haven't lost a step is because they have great depth, like what we had last year. This year you see what happens when Wagner went down, then Mebane, and Kam playing hurt. Our offensive line was a bandage that we seemed to replace almost every week until we were able to fully heal. We sent in rookies and new players we got from other teams to start. It's amazing we got some players back and healthy and it shows in our game now.

I really feel for the Cardinals, they are only a QB away from being really good to compete every year. I mean how many years in a row where they had to rely on a 3rd and 4th string QB to play cause the starters and backup always get injured. It's like they are cursed or something. This is why I'm glad Russell gets out of the pocket sometimes. Cardinal's pocket passers have all been hurt staying in the pocket.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That Raiders game, now THAT was an adventure, with seemingly half the team injured. Notice Pete was perfectly happy with a 6-point win at that point.

We did lose Sidney Rice to injury, and it was game 10 or so of last year, so he got his ring but missed the final part of the run, including the big game. It would have been nice to have his when-healthy skills this year.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Cardinals have played through so many injuries and found ways to win... gotta respect that team.
Just no 3rd/4th string QB is going to have success against the Seahawk D. Somehow the Cards kept it to a one score game almost to the 4th quarter before the wheels fell off. Cards are just a frustrating and awkward team to play, mostly because of their attacking defense.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":2z3w25o6 said:
Chawks1":2z3w25o6 said:
For those that like to dismiss the quality of the players on the list.....how about if we add tha we are also missing key co tributes from last years Super Bowl game.

Add:
Red Bryant
Chris Clemens
Clinton McDonald
Golden Tate
Sidney Rice
Percy Harvin

See you can't lean on excuses Niners fans. We came through the other side. And a big reason for that is our front office, coaching staff and ownership have created an environment where depth and teamwork overcome a lot of the obstacles that get in the way.
The Niners don't have any excuses but the Cards have some, the Cards would be far more competitive down the stretch with Carson Palmer at QB compared to Lindley or Logan Thomas.

Bringing up players that we replaced this year from last is kinda a joke. Every team loses players and reloads including the Super Bowl winner, the Super Bowl loser, and so forth. Why you need to include those is beyond me.

As far as injuries we are luckily in far better shape then the Cards and Niners. The Cards were lucky to have a back up that led them to a 5 and 3 record. Their current QB is going no where and so far is 0-1 and I cant see them making much of a splash in the playoffs.

The Niners line-backing corp are in sad shape. We saw what it was like for us to not have Bobby in there, imagine if he was lost for most if not all of the season. Even now people use the excuse if Bobby was healthy and in the Chief game we would have held their running game to less then the 190 yards that they produced which could have helped us ink out a win. So even though folks aren't using injury excuses for the team as a whole as we are in 1st place, people have used those injury excuses for some of our losses.

Largent80

Reaction score
Good teams get depth to make up for injuries. If you have dumb ass players on your team that do stupid shit and get suspended, you deserve what you get, and saying a single player (especially a D lineman) would attribute to losing a couple games is so friggin lame and put's an exclamation point on how much football is a TEAM sport.

I'm so thankful to be a Hawk fan.

Northhawk

Reaction score
I agree with majority in that injuries are to be expected and planned but multiple penalties to key players usually will derail a team unless it's an unusually deep team. We are a case and point in that we've had injuries all season but it seemed to only affect us when Kam, Wags and Mebane we're out.

In fact, I would argue that, given the way we play, D injuries are particularly problematic. We are not a sophisticated scheme D. Instead, we rely on the ridiculous abilities of our players to out perform other teams.

So if we miss one of our starters, it really hurts. This is all to say that we need get more depth in the offseason thru the draft and free agency.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Add three more to our list. Hill(DEVESTATING), KJ, and Jeron.
This sucks.