If Peyton Manning had been a Seahawk...

BigMeach

Reaction score
We did it! We are Superbowl CHAMPIONS!!! Destiny baby !!!!!!

I was talking to my wife driving home from where we viewed the game and I mentioned to her how when Manning was a free agent we flew in to meet him and he refused to talk to us because he didn't like that we did that without letting him know or him approving it. Theres a lot of things that cross my mind about this situation...

1. How that must feel for him. To have the team he completely rejected and ignored, like they were amateur hour, demolish him in the Superbowl and took the ring/trophy from him.

2. Would we have Russel if we had signed him? If we do he is obviously 2nd string as we wouldn't have needed to put him in cause we would have had "The best" QB in the league.

3. This team wouldn't be what it is as the money we would have had to spend on signing Peyton would have wrecked our roster.

4. If we made the Superbowl, who would we have played against? Would we have won still?

Anyway, just thought this was an interesting thing to think about.

Next step... DYNSTASTY!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If Peyton had been a Seahawk, he wouldn't have survived the Texans game and we wouldn't have made the playoffs. Unless of course Russell was his back-up.

Seafan

Reaction score
With Peyton we wouldn't have Avril, Bennett, Harvin. I'll take this team, thanks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The gratification from watching this team do it as a TEAM and dominate in ALL THREE PHASES could never be matched. I'm so happy it worked out the way it did. The fact that he never got on the plane with Pete and John was the best thing that could have happened for this organization.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I just get so much more enjoyment out of the youth movement and watching these young men grow together into a truly dominant force. As they say, it is the journey that is special. Watching DangeRuss evolve and develop is amazing.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it would of played out had he gotten on the plane, but I am just overjoyed and privileged to be watching Russell ball out for the Hawks now.

mrblitz

Reaction score
payton is probably one of the greatest students of the game ever, but at this point his arm isn't live. russell has - among other things - that live arm.

payton could be a great coach someday.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I say that if Peyton had become a Seahawk, then Russell would have sent HIM packing to the Raiders instead of Flynn....

OrFan

Reaction score
mrblitz":dqzi7spa said:
payton is probably one of the greatest students of the game ever, but at this point his arm isn't live. russell has - among other things - that live arm.

payton could be a great coach someday.

In Omaha!

Anthony!

Reaction score
As great as Manning is, he would not have made it through the whole season, and no guarantee we would have had Rw and a lot of other players.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This doesn't happen with Manning, and I'm happy he didn't come here.

It feels so much sweeter with our own home grown guys, than I think it would with a hired mercenary.

warden

Reaction score
We wouldn't of won a Super Bowl with Peyton because he would of taken all our cap money. 20 mil a year. Great QBs do not win Superbowls, it takes a great team to win a Super Bowl. 20 mil compared to Wilsons 600 grand allowed us to sign Harvin, Bennett and Avril