Re-draft Seattle's draft

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DISCLAIMER (READ FIRST!!)

Yes, this is another meaningless exercise, because players are a product of their environment and another teams success could very, very easily be another teams bust.

Regardless, I thought it'd be interesting to see where everyone would've gone if they had their way with our draft capital. Just for fun. Might be interesting to look back on.

RULES:

No trades and you can only pick players who were available at each selection. Here is a link to an image of the full draft (it has a few inaccuracies but not enough to affect things much).

My picks are as follows:

1/16: Byron Murphy, DT
Exactly the same. Perfect selection at 16 for me.

3/81: Christian Haynes, OG
Also the same. Ridiculous value for a pro-ready guard.

4/118: Malik Mustapha, S
The deviations begin. Mustapha was a preeminent draft crush of mine.

4/121: TJ Tampa, CB
Pure value. TJ Tampa is a ridiculous athlete who plays with an attitude. Check out this dunk.

5/136: Kitan Oladapo, S
A really underrated strong safety. Long, decently rangy, very competent, and has some pop to his hits. I think he's going to be a steal for GB.

6/179: Malik Washington, WR
My biggest draft crush. Uber-productive, good returner, and I see prodigious YAC ability in his game. I pick him here only due to the benefit of hindsight - I thought he'd go in the fourth.

6/192: DJ James, CB
I wouldn't have made this pick at the time, but I've seen the light on James.

6/207: Michael Barrett, LB
Great scheme fit out of Michigan. Adept in coverage and decently sized.

What say you?

NOTE: Mods, if you think this discussion should be limited to the draft forum, please do move. I just figured it might be interesting to do this here as its specifically Seattle-related in nature and the draft is the hottest team-related topic currently.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with who they took in Rounds 1, 3, 5 & 6. My only issue is what they did in Round 4.

The Knight pick remains a headscratcher for me. I see the potential with him. But I also have my concerns.

Barner will certainly provide value as a Y. But I'm not in love with the pick either.

I probably would've stuck at pick 102 & taken Cedric Gray, if given the choice.

Last edited:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score

Yes, this is another meaningless exercise, because players are a product of their environment and another teams success could very, very easily be another teams bust.

Regardless, I thought it'd be interesting to see where everyone would've gone if they had their way with our draft capital. Just for fun. Might be interesting to look back on.

RULES:

No trades and you can only pick players who were available at each selection. Here is a link to an image of the full draft (it has a few inaccuracies but not enough to affect things much).

My picks are as follows:

Pure value. TJ Tampa is a ridiculous athlete who plays with an attitude. Check out this dunk.

A really underrated strong safety. Long, decently rangy, very competent, and has some pop to his hits. I think he's going to be a steal for GB.

My biggest draft crush. Uber-productive, good returner, and I see prodigious YAC ability in his game. I pick him here only due to the benefit of hindsight - I thought he'd go in the fourth.

What say you?

NOTE: Mods, if you think this discussion should be limited to the draft forum, please do move. I just figured it might be interesting to do this here as its specifically Seattle-related in nature and the draft is the hottest team-related topic currently.

Had that been Seattle's draft, I think it would've been an A++ full stop.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Had that been Seattle's draft, I think it would've been an A++ full stop.
I have some problems with my own re-draft, honestly. No tight end or second interior lineman is a little tough for me to swallow.

Too many needs to hit them all, though. Just went with what I saw as BPA in places where we could use a potential future cornerstone.

Jac

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with who they took in Rounds 1, 3, 5 & 6. My only issue is what they did in Round 4.

The Knight pick remains a headscratcher for me. I see the potential with him. But I also have my concerns.

Barner will certainly provide value as a Y. But I'm not in love with the pick either.

I probably would've stuck at pick 102 & taken Cedric Gray, if given the choice.
Macdonald will obviously get a lot of chances (games and draft picks) over the next several years, but Knight will offer the first clue. Apparently this is the guy he really wanted so he'll be an interesting watch in training camp and preseason.

Rat

Reaction score
1(16) Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
3(81) Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
4(118) Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State
4(121) Austin Booker, DE, Kansas
5(136) Trevor Keegan, OG, Michigan
6(176) Will Richard, PK, Alabama
6(192) Ryan Flournoy, WR, Southeast Missouri State
6(207) Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College

GemCity

Reaction score

RULES:

My picks are as follows:

What say you?

This would’ve been incredible. Our Knight pick threw me for a bit of a loop…

A++ here.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It seems that LB in the 4th makes great sense, filling a huge need. But if not Knight, then whom? I don't know college football well enough to suggest someone specific. But taking both LB and TE in the 4th are the right positions to focus on after taking IDL and IOL. It will be interesting to see how those drafted in the LB/TE positions develop compared to others in the league that we could have had.

Other than those, I probably wouldn't change anything, mainly because of my own ignorance. I wish I could play your game with some knowledge; it's a fun post!

BASF

Reaction score
Not one of you have the guts to put Knight on your lists a round or two later as the "experts" thought he would be there in the fifth or sixth for us to draft?

Also, if you look at the two measurables between Grey and Knight, Knight is the better athlete. Grey's shuttle at 6% and bench at only 15% is pretty bad. Knight also has a better tackle percentage.

chris98251

Reaction score
You all fail, nobody chose a QBOTF, flaying should begin momentarily !

Actually I have no issues with what we did, so many holes and we filled many and have guys if they work out that can step in for Veteran free agents that cost a lot more. Fixing our issues long term will take a few drafts to get stable again.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
For shits and giggles:

DT Byron Murphy
OG Christian Haynes
S Jayden Hicks
CB T.J. Tampa
OC Hunter Nourzad
DT Mekhi Wingo
LB Nathaniel Watson
OG Christian Mahogany

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
1(16) Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
3(81) Payton Wilson, LB, NC State
4(118) Cade Stover, TE, Ohio State
4(121) Austin Booker, DE, Kansas
5(136) Trevor Keegan, OG, Michigan
6(176) Will Richard, PK, Alabama
6(192) Ryan Flournoy, WR, Southeast Missouri State
6(207) Christian Mahogany, OG, Boston College
This!

Reactions: Rat

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I decided to avoid any of the actual Seahawk picks. It doesn't mean I didn't like any of the players drafted by the Hawks, just trying to change it up.

1(16) Dallas Turner, Edge
3(81) Jaden Hicks, S
4(118) Mason McCormick, G
4(121) TJ Tampa, CB
5(136) Jordan Magee, LB
6(179) Christian Mahogany, G
6(192) Brendon Rice, WR
6(207) Michael Barrett, LB