If i was russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If I was Russ I'd rather have a pass rusher (or two) than another receiver. He's got great to good pass catchers but he's being let down by a so-so pass rush. Sooner or later he'll fall short of being able to save games.
We have no picks to trade and no cap space to sign anyone right now. We have a few players to trade but does anyone want to give up a good pass rusher for Luke Willson, Hollister or maybe a David Moore?

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Momofantv":few2jjac said:
LymonHawk":few2jjac said:
Momofantv":few2jjac said:
im sure he wants superbowl wins, hes not getting one here ever again until they listen to him.

Do you seriously believe the difference between the winning of a SB, or not, is dependent upon one wide receiver? Really?

We aren’t getting a DE so this was the best option we had of adding a talented player that’s a FA

You certainly intimidated AB was the deference between the 'Hawks winning a SB or not. Enough so that Russ should leave the team.

The talent of the trolls around here sure has dropped. :roll:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you're more upset about this than Russ is, so how about we trade you to another fanbase instead.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Does AB help us win? yes or no

No. He would have been a huge distraction, and would have disrupted the excellent chemistry Russ has with Tyler and DK. In case you haven't noticed, DK is on track to be better than AB. Sometimes less is more. We dodged a bullet.

seabowl

Reaction score
Momofantv":1rjf6bkm said:
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs

You're not Russell, will never be Russell and I'm guessing you are trolling this board. My guess is probably a Niners or Lambs fan.

Nunya

Reaction score
Momofantv":ctj6iype said:
Decimation":ctj6iype said:
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

No.

AB is a prima donna. He may be humble for a week or 2, but he will eventually not be able to help himself and will cause drama on the team. Right now, the Seahawks have good chemistry and do not need a drama queen like AB on the team.

So you went to Russ should quit because AB did not sign, to Seahawks will never win a SB again because AB did not sign. I smell the stench of a troll.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kiw5862 said:
Rat":3kiw5862 said:
Momofantv":3kiw5862 said:
im sure he wants superbowl wins, hes not getting one here ever again until they listen to him.
Didn’t we basically just switch from the league’s heaviest run-based offense to the most pass-happy one because of him?

Yes. We are witnessing one of, if not the most, pass happy offenses in the league right now. Two star-level wide receivers, good tight ends, and a near top 10 offensive line.

Russell is on pace to set several passing records this year.

Agree on all except not sure having the #30 pass blocking oline is near top 10. Now if you want to use purely run blocking yes, but what's new. However, they are ranked 30th in pass blocking so not even close to top 10. Even, if you take their avg which is 9th in run blocking 30th in pass blocking they are 19th so again not close to top 10.

The est I agree with WR, and Te more pass happy not really last yer we avg 32.35 attempts a game and this year 33.8 so not really, It was not about quantity but doing it more early instead of late and the types of passes. Althogh last game we tok a step back, hopefully they go back to what they did the first 4 games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2zskdso0 said:
Momofantv":2zskdso0 said:
LymonHawk":2zskdso0 said:
Momofantv":2zskdso0 said:

Do you seriously believe the difference between the winning of a SB, or not, is dependent upon one wide receiver? Really?

We aren’t getting a DE so this was the best option we had of adding a talented player that’s a FA

You certainly intimidated AB was the deference between the 'Hawks winning a SB or not. Enough so that Russ should leave the team.

We had to cut payroll here @ .net and our troll budget is the first to go. 8)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":2kfyqslk said:
Maelstrom787":2kfyqslk said:
Rat":2kfyqslk said:
Momofantv":2kfyqslk said:
Didn’t we basically just switch from the league’s heaviest run-based offense to the most pass-happy one because of him?

Yes. We are witnessing one of, if not the most, pass happy offenses in the league right now. Two star-level wide receivers, good tight ends, and a near top 10 offensive line.

Russell is on pace to set several passing records this year.

Agree on all except not sure having the #30 pass blocking oline is near top 10. Now if you want to use purely run blocking yes, but what's new. However, they are ranked 30th in pass blocking so not even close to top 10. Even, if you take their avg which is 9th in run blocking 30th in pass blocking they are 19th so again not close to top 10.

The est I agree with WR, and Te more pass happy not really last yer we avg 32.35 attempts a game and this year 33.8 so not really, It was not about quantity but doing it more early instead of late and the types of passes. Althogh last game we tok a step back, hopefully they go back to what they did the first 4 games.

If you're only looking at Football Outsider's adjusted sack rate, then yes, that's 30th, but that stat isn't a comprehensive statistic that describes the level of pass blocking or time being given. That is always going to be fairly high in this offense, because the quarterback has to hold the ball longer than most quarterbacks. Russell isn't throwing the ball any quicker, his time to throw is still right at 3 seconds. I love Russ, but something you've got to accept with him is that he takes a lot of sacks. He's a deep ball quarterback, it's part of the deal.

Most of the sacks are not their fault - they're giving Russ the time that a competent line is expected to give on a pass rush. This is exactly why PFF has the blockers all rated at 67 or higher so far. For reference, these are the same grades you accepted as gospel with evaluating Ethan Pocic, even at a different position. Also, ESPN has Seattle tied for 5th at pass block win rate, a MUCH better indicator of line play than sack percentage, which is overly scheme dependent. You should be quite pleased and at least cognizant of the fact that the line is performing above average cumulatively and AT LEAST average in pass blocking.

Also, regarding pass rate - Seattle has increased from 54% to 61%, a very large rise, regardless of the quantity of attempts per game. The ratio is the true indicator of "pass happiness." They're also tied for second in both successful pass percentage at 55% and YPA at 8.9. They're still very much so a deep ball team, the types of passes really haven't changed much. They're just doing it on a higher percentage of plays.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If AB wants to stick around then I could see him coming to Seattle after next season. He only signed a one year deal. He probably wants to play with a Brady a little bit before Brady is gone then hopefully he gets out of a Brady-less Tampa Bay when Brady retires and finishes his career matched up with Russell Wilson. If he's still a locker room cancer though then none of this matters of course.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":19de2uiq said:
LymonHawk":19de2uiq said:
Momofantv":19de2uiq said:
LymonHawk":19de2uiq said:

We had to cut payroll here @ .net and our troll budget is the first to go. 8)

Blame you SH, I thought we had most of them neutered, your letting them breed again.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Honestly, it makes much more sense to me in Brown going to the Bucs. They have a great defence already, and this gives Brady one more weapon to keep him happy. I'm sure Russ would have loved this, but I'm not sure it makes sense for Seattle, with our defensive woes. Personally, I'm glad we didn't sign Brown.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Momofantv":14zfqs4b said:
I would be asking for a trade next year, hes wanted AB now hes going to go help tom win his 7th SB and Russell will see him torching our D in the playoffs

If you were Wilson, you'd be smart though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Momofantv":3aauy53e said:
Decimation":3aauy53e said:
This feels like a huge overreaction. Why would Wilson leave the team because some troubled player potentially will decide to sign elsewhere? What logic is that man. I would be happy to add a talent like that to the team, but we’re 5-0 without a player like Antonio Brown. His record is terrible as a person from what I’ve seen, so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

No he doesn't. He's not a Seahawk and thank god for that.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Smellyman":2qx2hsb7 said:
Momofantv":2qx2hsb7 said:

:rofl: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Momofantv":pj4lkk3v said:
Maelstrom787":pj4lkk3v said:
Momofantv":pj4lkk3v said:
Maelstrom787":pj4lkk3v said:
And that's why you'd request a trade from a team that has surrounded you with talent, paid you handsomely, and is currently undefeated with the most QB-centric passing attack in the league? With your entire 8 years in the league being winning seasons?

Make it make sense

He’s not winning a super bowl anytime soon here we don’t have the players for it, guess who now has the last missing piece Tom Brady for his 7th

Receiving talent is hardly the bottleneck of Tampa's offensive attack. The targets for AB have to come from somewhere, so how much would they really be gaining by feeding him balls that would've gone to one of Evans, Godwin, or Miller in his stead?

Probably not that much. Certainly doesn't even close to guarantee them a championship.

Who’s better than Tampa I’m the NFC atm? Surely not Us, we don’t have anyone to cover them... yes he takes targets but he also makes another person to cover so now you can’t double any of their WRs so zone or man has to be the thing then you have a good RB in rojo who’s proving he’s good and then a TE in gronk who isn’t gronk of old but seems to be getting near 75% which makes him a top 5 TE in the league if he’s 75% or his old self when he was the best TE to play the game

Well, the Bucs lost to the Bears and Saints. They aren't even the best team in their own division let alone the NFC (IMO).

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hope we don’t regret not signing him.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Smellyman":1madto1f said:
Momofantv":1madto1f said:

Bada boom bada bing

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Next year? Why not a trade Saturday? I mean, if this has ruined his entire world I guess it's just time to move on right this second. What's the point of waiting until after the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.