If Diggs out for an extended period.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
theseahawkguy":2ldsz8yq said:
https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/1206631367607349248

Here is one update so far. But the best thing for the hawks to do is beat Arizona, have green bay, and san fran lose then we clinch the number 2 seed and diggs doesnt have to play in the last game and he gets another week off with the bye

Kinda what was feared, high ankle sprain.

Unless Diggs has miraculous healing powers, means he's probably out until the first playoff game at the earliest.

Could be worse I guess, but we've seen what this defense looks like on the back end without him, not good.

What we really need is Ansah and Clowney to get right and get back to mitigating the back end of the defenses exposure with consistent pressure.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/px3U-nGl31o

If it's indeed a high ankle sprain?
Would the seahawks consider having Diggs undergo the tight rope surgery for high ankle sprains? It's the same procedure Tua Tagovailoa had twice (both ankles). It greatly reduces healing time for the ankles.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Very disappointing to hear about Diggs. He might be

It has been an exceptional season to this point.

We already beat expectations. However, with a healthy Diggs I think we had a shot at doing damage in the playoffs.

High ankle sprains tend to be something that don't heal easy, and for a safety - maybe harder to play on. But man, he fixed a lot of the issues with this team. Turning us from a team that was basically average (great offense, awful defense) to one of the better teams in the league.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
theseahawkguy":1qc2abft said:
https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/1206631367607349248

Here is one update so far. But the best thing for the hawks to do is beat Arizona, have green bay, and san fran lose then we clinch the number 2 seed and diggs doesnt have to play in the last game and he gets another week off with the bye
Thanks for that. At least it's something.
Don't know how official any tweet can be but that tweeter sure looks legit. :) At least she's local.
Surprised there hasn't been anything in the way of an official statement on what could be a pivotal development.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I might be a little crazy, but if he's hurt for awhile i want us to throw ugo and blair in the fire and tell them to just play fast.

I have a feeling we'd be very encouraged.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
think Ugo has the potential to be better than Diggs one day

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Finally something more along the lines of being "official".
https://www.seahawks.com/news/bobby-wag ... rain-other

Sounds like BWags intends to play, but status of Diggs is a question. That it's a sprain is a relief to me, even though it is the high ankle variety. I got the impression they feel hopeful it won't be anything long term.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I hope that Wagner sits this game and comes back for SF. Let BBK and Barton play alongside KJ. If they are awful, Wagner can come back in. BBK might be undersized but he has smarts. I too want to see more Ugo. I think he has a lot of potential.

Largent80

Reaction score
H.A.S.

He's not playing this week vs a 4 win team. Next weeks game has it all on the line.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Losing Diggs hurts. A lot. He really solidified the Safety position.

But I'm more disappointed that Blair is not getting the start over Hill (per Condotta). I was really excited when Blair played but it's clear the coaching staff still doesn't trust him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if Pete doesn't feel comfortable with it, I'm good with it. Pete knows Defense better than most, including fans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yxes1122":39rhxegu said:

But I'm more disappointed that Blair is not getting the start over Hill (per Condotta). I was really excited when Blair played but it's clear the coaching staff still doesn't trust him.

Eventually Blair will probably be the better safety, but for now he's still a rookie and during the short stint he was playing safety he made a lot of mistakes.

Besides, Blair is more a SS then FS, so in order to put him in there McDougald would have to move to FS, and even he's said he knows how to play FS, but he's not a FS.

So why disrupt two positions when you can use Hill at the FS (who has more experience), and keep McDougald at SS.

I'm no fan of Hill, neither scenario makes me confident. But for continuity it's better to just use Hill at FS.

GLio14

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3e3cyujx said:
think Ugo has the potential to be better than Diggs one day
I tend to agree. Ugo works HARD. I see a lot of tenacity in his game.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q44cnhi said:
Yxes1122":3q44cnhi said:

Eventually Blair will probably be the better safety, but for now he's still a rookie and during the short stint he was playing safety he made a lot of mistakes.

Besides, Blair is more a SS then FS, so in order to put him in there McDougald would have to move to FS, and even he's said he knows how to play FS, but he's not a FS.

So why disrupt two positions when you can use Hill at the FS (who has more experience), and keep McDougald at SS.

I'm no fan of Hill, neither scenario makes me confident. But for continuity it's better to just use Hill at FS.
I'll toss a :ditto: and a "what he said" on this comment. Mac has settled in at SS, so why drop him back to FS if we don't have to. Why disrupt two positions indeed?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
High ankle sprains vary and healing depends on the person.
I had a high frontal sprain and was able to play with it the next week.
These guys have the best of everything that we do not.
I think he will be back for Santa Clara.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2l4q9msl said:
They sure are keeping details of Diggs status under wraps. You would have thought we'd have heard more about it by this time. They know more than they're sharing with us.

Maybe they are hoping they can st last have him show up as questionable for the SF game to mage then have to game plan for him.