If Brown holds out into the season?

seabowl

Reaction score
Would you want the Hawks to sign either Fluker or Carpenter who are both free agents now? I know they are better suited for Guard but their experience can't hurt and both are still considered "not old" for OL.

Thoughts?

toffee

Reaction score
We are royally screwed if Brown sits out, can't see that from happening. Fluker and Carpenter for LT? Not happening.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cedric and Jamarco battle it out. Forsythe just isn't there yet. He'll get Russ planted. I'd expect Ogbuehi to win out.

John63

Reaction score
Either way, if Brown does snot play, Wilson will get pounded, none of our tackles are ready for full time yet.

RiverDog

Reaction score
seabowl":15gboz00 said:
Would you want the Hawks to sign either Fluker or Carpenter who are both free agents now? I know they are better suited for Guard but their experience can't hurt and both are still considered "not old" for OL.

Thoughts?

Neither Carpenter or Fluker have the foot quickness to play tackle, which is why they are guards. If we need a tackle, then let's sign a tackle.

Let's see where we are with Brown when teams start making their cuts.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling now that Adams' contract is done, Brown will get his done. If by chance Brown does hold out, there are some alternatives, Mitchell Schwartz and Okung to name a couple. Not advocating that they need to go sign them now but in a worst case scenario they are options.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":o52063ie said:
Cedric and Jamarco battle it out. Forsythe just isn't there yet. He'll get Russ planted. I'd expect Ogbuehi to win out.

Yup. Really strange how people expected a 6th round draft pick not ready for the NFL was going to look good right away.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":20zyvx09 said:
I have a strong feeling now that Adams' contract is done, Brown will get his done. If by chance Brown does hold out, there are some alternatives, Mitchell Schwartz and Okung to name a couple. Not advocating that they need to go sign them now but in a worst case scenario they are options.

Schawrtz, 4 years younger!

Spohawks

Reaction score
They could shift the TE over to the left to help out or a blocking back to the left. A left tackle is not a position to play games with, get the deal done!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spohawks":3tqinb30 said:
They could shift the TE over to the left to help out or a blocking back to the left. A left tackle is not a position to play games with, get the deal done!

I don't think there's any doubt that if Brown isn't in the lineup that we'll see them holding a tight end in to support our LT on some passing downs. They'd be foolish not to.

xray

Reaction score
If Brown holds out ,Wilson will have the dirtiest uniform in the NFL .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I can't imagine at age 36 in the last year of his deal that Brown would be willing to miss 500k game checks.

This is it for him, he's got maybe 2-3 more years of making 5-10M. To give up that kind of money to try and force the Hawk's hand in an extension? That they won't cave into?

Can't see it.

FPD

Reaction score
If Brown holds out, the line will be a sieve no matter who we have, or could acquire, to replace him at this juncture.

Elemas

Reaction score
He stands to lose quite a bit if he sits. I understand wanting more money at this stage in his career but, it’s also wise of the hawks to not offer an amount that puts them into a hole.

Brown is out best offensive lineman but, he’s aging and the injury bug is only going to get worse. No one beats Father Time.

Personally, I’d like to keep him around but we all see the conflict with both sides. Maybe there’s a medium in there somewhere…at least, I hope there is.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I am sooooo tired every year having a couple of asshats bitch and moan and threaten to hold out or demand a trade when they have another year left on their deal. You signed a deal. Honor it.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2yfvbm2z said:
I can't imagine at age 36 in the last year of his deal that Brown would be willing to miss 500k game checks.

This is it for him, he's got maybe 2-3 more years of making 5-10M. To give up that kind of money to try and force the Hawk's hand in an extension? That they won't cave into?

Can't see it.

Agreed. He's not holding out and we shouldn't give him an extension. There is no way any other team is going to trade for or sign him at 36 years old for anything close to this years salary. If he persists in wanting an extension and does hold out then sign an FA and cut him. At some point you have to call the bluff, or cut bait. Sorry, but that's my take.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Trade something to Miami for Anatone, Washington great Jesse Davis, who BTW was once a Tom Cable project. (Not going to happen but I thought I'd throw it out there.)