I will not be watching Peacock's exclusive Wild Card game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If you have NFL Network, you can record the game and watch it early Sunday. The replay starts at 4am PT tomorrow. I've scheduled it to record as I have this habit of falling asleep in the 4th quarter, but I'm hoping to watch it live in its entirety.

NoGain

Reaction score
I think it sucks that the NFL is letting this Peacock only streaming thing to happen for a playoff game. But that's just the direction things are going in. The NFL is going to squeeze every drop of water out of that rock it can. At some point, however, it would seem that the largest streaming services, the winners, such as Youtube, Hulu, etc.., would make a deal with the NFL to include all their games in their general packages. I mean, Google has a mountain of money in their coffers.

I don't know. I could be wrong. I'm not sure how this streaming thing is going to shake out in the future.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
It won't be long before all playoff games will be pay per view events, and not cheap ones...

These will require both a subscription and per viewing fee. It is the future and it is coming, it's inevitable and a foregone conclusion.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Want to be an NFL fan? I guess nowadays, it'll cost you. What'll happen tomorrow, am I going to get charged $9.99 to look at clouds above me? Almost feels that way.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. Its the principle.

I sold one of my eight Stanley cups for $25 to cover the cost. Sign up in less than a minute and then good to go.
I set a calendar reminder to cancel after 4 months.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I got stuck watching the HOU/CLE game on Peacock as well due to TEGNA, which owns KING5 and a host of other NBC affiliates, not having a deal in place with DirecTV.

Last edited:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I wanted to be upset about something but I decided to watch the game. And if we can do what the Texans have done (as an organization) I will Pete all over myself.

Instead I’m going to ban wearing briefs because they too are restrictive and my testicles were outraged at their freedom of speech being circumvented. Boxers it is boys.

NFL isn’t going to change what it’s doing for anyone - the officiating has reinforced that. So either take it for the entertainment it is a la WWE or don’t watch. Or be outraged and still watch. Really stick it to the corporate cock goblins

I wouldnt have watched next season if we had the same staff. But we don’t. So I’m intrigued. I am fickle. So be it. It’s probably all simulacra and simulation anyway and my handlers are very, very frustrated as well.

cymatica

Reaction score
All I can say is that you might as well get used to it. Don't be surprised to see Fox and/or CBS put one of their high-profile games on their streaming services.

When rape is inevitable, you might as well relax and enjoy it.
That's a pathetically sad take. If enough people boycott it, they will cave and get used to people not bending over.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
If you're close enough to a Canadian border city, and have a very high antenna....CTV bought the CAN rights and are airing it OTA.

Excellent quality HD signal.

We'll see if it's just a preview ......

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
So far the dolphins must be substituting our tackling methods in a deceitful ploy to I don’t know what

Torc

Reaction score
NFL+ is showing dolphins/chiefs.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
At least in this day and age, it's easy to go to the world's best kept secret to catch the game.

RiverDog

Reaction score
That's a pathetically sad take. If enough people boycott it, they will cave and get used to people not bending over.
But the problem is that not enough people will boycott it.

If it were more costly or required a lengthy commitment, I might be taking a different position. But 5 bucks? It's not worth it IMO. But go ahead and be my guest if you want to boycott it. BTW, the Chiefs are ahead 13-7 with 3+ minutes left in the first half. Good game!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not missing much...paying for this game would be a waste of money...
I disagree. 16-7 at halftime? It's a helluva lot better game than the Browns-Texans.

Besides, I get to see Taylor Swift with enough red lipstick to graffiti a 100-car train jump up and down when Travis Kelce catches a pass.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Maybe for being close but both teams don't look great...regardless of the weather. Kc should already be up by a few tds.
Yeah, but how many games have we watched that started out like this one? Did you watch the Browns-Texans? If you did, I can't believe that you're complaining about this one.

Latest posts