I don't understand

bluengreen

Reaction score
How snap after snap, Lockett, DK Metcalf, and JSN are blanketed so Gino has no one to throw to within 3.5 seconds. Can someone explain using small words so my simple mind can keep up?

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It almost seems like Lockett is open, but Geno misses anticipating the window and throws it after there's little chance of a reception.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
How snap after snap, Lockett, DK Metcalf, and JSN are blanketed so Gino has no one to throw to within 3.5 seconds. Can someone explain using small words so my simple mind can keep up?
And where's the TE sets?

And where's the running game?

If you've only got 1 outlet (WR group) and to be honest, DK don't get alot of regular separation, and they don't fear the TEs or the running backs - you're pretty 1 dimensional IMO.

It's like pounding K9 up the middle. Once you're predictable - you get figured out, and defended against.

I did see a bit of that film study recently that indicated that Waldron wasn't a complete moron. There was one particular play that had all three of them on different depths and slightly different timing on crossing routes that was really nice, basically Geno could cascade his reads in from the furthest down the line - check check check. But even THAT, properly executed can't be you're only trick in the bag.

Unfortunately we don't seem to see alot of that.

Gotta say that on the 'are we figured out by opponents'. When KJ comes back after the Rams game and says shit like: "You could tell what the play was just by looking at it", well - you've been decoded.

IMO.

Latest posts