I Admire and Applaud Richard Sherman for his Podcast

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3h7sot2d said:
Except he was right..

What exactly was he right about?

How bout his shot at Hawk fans saying we don't like accountability? Pretty rich coming from a guy who's never held himself accountable or responsible for any of his actions.

- lying about threatening Jim Moore
- driving drunk, evading police and getting arrested at his in-laws
- PED's
- blowing up at coaches and teammates on the sidelines
- ripping his coach in the media

Nah. No thanks, I'm not patting Sherman on the back on this one. Just another example of how out of touch pro athletes are most of the time thinking they're so persecuted and it's never their fault for anything they do.

I love Sherman the football player, one of the best Hawks ever. But dude has never been able to get that chip off his shoulder and continues to feel the need to take shots at everyone around him......including the team and fanbase that loved and developed him.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
AgentDib":3pigpvjw said:
Sherman was a high school senior in Compton during Super Bowl XL and probably thought the Seahawks were in South Alaska like everybody else. Of course his opinions about that era are going to be irrelevant and less informed than those of us who were rabid fans at the time. I'll bet there are plenty of players on our current roster who have no idea that we went to a Super Bowl in the 90s or had a winning record in the 80s.

His opinion on the team from 2011 onwards is much more relevant and worth listening to as long as you understand that his opinion, like everybody's opinion, is largely self serving.

I was pretty busy during the 90's so I must have missed that.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
So when Sherman went driving under the influence after drinking what was it? two fifths of liquor? had he killed an innocent driver on the road or pedestrian. Would y'all still be applauding him for his courage and supporting his mental health issues?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3tba3wdw said:
So when Sherman went driving under the influence after drinking what was it? two fifths of liquor? had he killed an innocent driver on the road or pedestrian. Would y'all still be applauding him for his courage and supporting his mental health issues?

That was Richard being 100% accountable. :sarcasm_on:

One thing Sherman was right about was the notion that letting Russ cook throwing it 40-50 times a game doesn't work.

Hopefully after Russell's injury and disappointing season last year, he also came to the same realization.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":16z7bnbo said:
Nothing has ever been his fault. And the team was ONLY successful with him here :roll:

Exactly

QWERTY

Reaction score
Wait Seahawk fans are spoiled?

What about Bennett/Kam/Sherman/ET all wanting contract extensions even before they signed a contract extension?

And the hold outs from Earl and Kam?

xray

Reaction score
He was there and we weren't .

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I dont think the Niner fan base loves him that much given they blame a lot of their most recent SB loss on him and they certainly already hated him when he was a Seahawk. Seahawk fans are already hurt how he left this team to a divisional rival. Now he's taking shots at the Seahawks fanbase itself. Yeah way to bone your post NFL financial security. Probably just lost a good chunk of people who would normally show up to his autograph signings and when he's no longer in the limelight (which he is rapidly fading out of as a non player) I doubt Beacon Plumbing or whatever local car dealership that loves using Seahawk (and Ex Seahawk players) is going to be asking him to do some commercials.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Browner was not as good of an all-around cornerback, but Browner set the tone of the defense. Browner might have actually meant more to the team, overall. Sherman was great though, no doubt.

Vesuve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2884zike said:
He basically made it sound like the ONLY time Seattle had a good team was when he was playing here. And also said that the team was "just fine" being in XL. Not even close to accurate.
Not sure that's something to be proud of. But as always, Sherm makes it all about him.
Loved him when he was here, but he needs to just shut his pie hole sometimes.
This is the guy who told a local idiot reporter that he was going to ruin his career. It was on video AND audio, and he still doubled down and claimed he didn't say it.

Proud he was a Hawk, and for what he did for the team. But my goodness, his act is just getting old.

Agreed.

Sherman is a tosser.

Tokadub

Reaction score
ivotuk":3tsl1130 said:
At first, I was a little taken aback, but after checking out the entire thing, I realized that Richard was just being honest about what he felt.

That's an attribute that is sadly missing in today's "Cancel Culture," where people are just looking for a reason to trash public entities over what they said. What Richard said isn't going to sit comfortable with very many people, but it certainly gives 710 ESPN something to talk about. I just hope that they treat the subject fairly, and don't turn it in to a Soap Opera.

ESPN closely reviews anything their people say, and will jump all over them if they don't follow their strict guidelines. I can imagine ESPN's rules being something like: "Try to say something slightly provocative, but without making a solid stance on the subject in any way, unless it's a topic where we can easily condemn someone! We want to be agile on our view of topics."

A while back listening to John Clayton who was relaying a story from going in to a locker room in the 70s, and "seeing one player talking with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth": ESPN must have jumped down his throat, because the next day he had to apologize on air for relaying that story, and since then, I've heard little on historical happenings in the NFL.

It blows my mind that ESPN wants to pretend that things like players smoking didn't happen! Haven't they read or seen North Dallas Forty? But ESPN would like to regulate and rewrite history. It seems like everything I've seen lately from them on John Madden has been sanitized and stripped of all reality.

But you won't get anything like that from Sherman, and I'm proud of him for that. Even if I don't agree with everything he said. Proud of Cliff Avril too for putting himself out there like that. There are going to be a lot of people just itching to jump all over both of them. Most will have never listened to the Podcast, because they already have their minds made up and just can't wait to say "See! I was right all along!!!"

No. you weren't. Your narrow view from your own little world where you refuse to even consider someone else's opinion is invalidated by your lack of open-mindedness.

So. Thank God for people like Richard Sherman! Whether people see it as Right, Wrong, or Indifferent, he's going to provoke you in to thoughtful reflection. Unless you're mind is already made up.

Richard Sherman for President! :2thumbs:

Completely disagree. Richard Sherman sounds like a salty little 12 year old girl who didn't get her favorite present on her birthday. She probably wanted a horse which would cost $20,000 but she is a little girl... it's not realistic.

Sherman is a punk, the nonsense with Crabtree is defenitive proof he is a punk when you really try to disect his character.

He's a bad person. He's angry, he's salty, he's unrealistic and he's an asshole.

I also had a post on this website YEARSSSSSS ago saying how he won't be good VERY soon (years ago) because he never had any kind of real game breaking speed. So by the time we let him go he was not very good,

I'm happy we let him go instead of wasting money on a slow ass sorry Cornerback.

If he can't live with that reality that's not our problem. He can cry till the cows come home. Fact is we dumped his trash ass at the perfect time.

Sherman was good for a few years but that's all he had, he never had the physical gifts to last in this league for more than 5-6 years. I am grateful that they cut his sorry SLOWWWWW ASS when he had the injury...

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM HAVING AN INJURY AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Edit: this has NOTHING to do with cancel culture Sherman is just a punk ass B*%&*

Also I will say I usually agree with Ivotuk's posts so, maybe there is some middle ground here.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Ivotuk said:

" I can imagine ESPN's rules being something like: "Try to say something slightly provocative, but without making a solid stance on the subject in any way, unless it's a topic where we can easily condemn someone! We want to be agile on our view of topics."

Yes, ESPN is not very respectable, responsible, or even accountable lately. I agree 100% on this.

Tokadub

Reaction score
James in PA":gujg57gw said:
He was so far off base with that just happy to be there SB XL comment. Nothing could be further from the truth. What a dumb thing to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I couldn't listen to him after he said that. We were the favorites, and we should of won without trash refs.

Send Jerome Bettis "The Bus" at us blindly and they get a free win...

Send Jerome off to retirement with a Superbowl win. I didn't even know that much about the NFL at that time but it was 100% obvious how this was rigged for Jerome and the Steelers!

That's how it looked to any objective NFL fan.