Huskies vs Michigan For The Natty

Welshers2

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t see panic at all. It was a ton of instant pressure and he tried to make plays. He don’t bail with no pressure or look skiddish to me at all.
Maybe not panicked but to me his body language after plays was terrible. He looked really rattled I thought

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Did you not see his face? He looked RATTLED. I'm going to say there's a correlation to him playing his worst game and looking and playing freaked out
You're crazy. Penix is the most poised college QB in all college football. He just had an off night. It happens.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Huskies had their chances. I hated the officiating but it wasn’t why they lost.

Penix was massively hurt. Still wild to me people take one game over years of tape and conclude that’s them no matter what. Almost every college QB has bad games especially against the best defense in the country and your rb is hurt and you’re one dimensional. Come on guys
He was lackluster before any injury and the drops made it worse.

Agreed one game is one game, felt that way after the Sugar too. I‘ve had his ceiling at R2 IF no medical red flags.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
The offense had a bad game at precisely the wrong time. NOBODY knows this and feels it more than those guys.

Welshers2

Reaction score
You're crazy. Penix is the most poised college QB in all college football. He just had an off night. It happens.
27/51 and two picks. He had an "off night" when the lights shined the brightest. All I'm stating is facts.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The 4th down dropped/bad pass to odunze was killer as well. Penix makes that throw 9/10 times.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I just... cannot get behind that on his poise. His poise wasn't an especially strong suit to begin with. He's very questionable when actual pressure arrives. (In terms of pass rush pressure, mainly.) His footwork issues compound this. You get him off his spot and he's far from poised - he's erratic.

This'll only get worse in the NFL. He needs to sit and rework a whole lot of his game.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I just... cannot get behind that on his poise. His poise wasn't an especially strong suit to begin with. He's very questionable when actual pressure arrives. (In terms of pass rush pressure, mainly.) His footwork issues compound this. You get him off his spot and he's far from poised - he's erratic.

This'll only get worse in the NFL. He needs to sit and rework a whole lot of his game.
You're just wrong on this about his poise. I've watched every play he's made as a Husky and this guy has poise in spades. Did you closely watch the first Oregon game? I didn't think so. Did you watch the WSU game and the ice water in his veins on that game winning drive? I didn't think so either.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I was wondering why we kept running our injured RB far more than made sense. It was probably clear to the OC that Penix wouldn't be able to carry us tonight.
He was trying a lot of stuff behind the LOS and short passes to give us YAC, so that took the pressure off Penix.
But if you didn't see Penix overwhelmed by the pressure, not sure what you saw.

It's OK. He did a hell of a job getting us there. Did screw his draft stock though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You're just wrong on this about his poise. I've watched every play he's made as a Husky and this guy has poise in spades. Did you closely watch the first Oregon game? I didn't think so. Did you watch the WSU game and the ice water in his veins on that game winning drive? I didn't think so either.
Come on. I'm not calling you a casual observer here, I'm just disagreeing. I'd like the same respect paid in return. I did watch both of those games, and I've been a general fan of his, but I don't think "poised" is the word I'd use. He's a warrior, he's got a hell of an arm, and he's not inherently un-clutch - but if you can get him off his spot consistently, he just isn't going to beat you as the player he currently is. He doesn't respond well to being pressured because he doesn't have a developed toolkit as a quarterback.

He's got a lot to add, and a lot to completely rework, about his game before I can consider him a prospective NFL starter.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Come on. I'm not calling you a casual observer here, I'm just disagreeing. I'd like the same respect paid in return. I did watch both of those games, and I've been a general fan of his, but I don't think "poised" is the word I'd use. He's a warrior, he's got a hell of an arm, and he's not inherently un-clutch - but if you can get him off his spot consistently, he just isn't going to beat you as the player he currently is. He doesn't respond well to being pressured because he doesn't have a developed toolkit as a quarterback.

He's got a lot to add, and a lot to completely rework, about his game before I can consider him a prospective NFL starter.
You obvioously didn't see the first Oregon game and that game winning drive. 80+ yards down the field with litlle time remaining and drops an absolute DIME to Odunze for the winning TD in the biggest game of the year at the time on national television.

Don't talk when you don't really know.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You obvioously didn't see the first Oregon game and that game winning drive. 80+ yards down the field and drops an absolute DIME to Odunze for the winning TD in the biggest game of the year at the time on national television.

Don't talk when you don't really know.
Alright. Emotions are clearly high on your end, but I did see that, and again, I'm talking more about his poise under physical pressure from a pass rush than his overall temperament as a player.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Alright. Emotions are clearly high on your end, but I did see that, and again, I'm talking more about his poise under physical pressure from a pass rush than his overall temperament as a player.
It's not emotion it's reality. It's what actually happened.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
Man alive...the people talking about Penix and his poise. LOL. Did they even watch him play this season and last? It boggles my mind.

He had a bad game tonight. So did his reveivers, excepting the TE's. It happens. You want to play your very best when it counts the most. Guess what? We're human. Sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's not emotion it's reality. It's what actually happened.
I get that he's led successful game-winning drives before. I'm not saying that he's incapable of doing so. I'm just saying that he doesn't consistently operate well when he is being physically pressured by an opposing defense, mostly because his footwork is pretty questionable. His pocket navigation is substandard currently and his mechanics don't allow him to provide an especially deadly response to heavy pressure. If he's forced off of his spot consistently, his game falls apart a bit.

This isn't a new or groundbreaking evaluation. It's nearly consensus.

The reason I'm saying that emotions are high is because I'm explaining what I mean by this, but you're quoting some of his better drives that aren't disputing my overall point. The Oregon drive was him backing away into clean space before throwing followed by a beautiful, but unpressured, back-shoulder to Odunze if I'm remembering the drive correctly.

I'm not trying to piss you off or refute reality here. I just think I'm talking about something different.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I get that he's led successful game-winning drives before. I'm not saying that he's incapable of doing so. I'm just saying that he doesn't consistently operate well when he is being physically pressured by an opposing defense, mostly because his footwork is pretty questionable. His pocket navigation is substandard currently and his mechanics don't allow him to provide an especially deadly response to heavy pressure. If he's forced off of his spot consistently, his game falls apart a bit.

This isn't a new or groundbreaking evaluation. It's nearly consensus.

The reason I'm saying that emotions are high is because I'm explaining what I mean by this, but you're quoting some of his better drives that aren't disputing my overall point. The Oregon drive was him backing away into clean space before throwing followed by a beautiful, but unpressured, back-shoulder to Odunze if I'm remembering the drive correctly.

I'm not trying to piss you off or refute reality here. I just think I'm talking about something different.
Did you watch the Texas game? He was under pressure a lot, and moved like he had eyes in the back of his head in the pocket and delivered completion after completion against a team the oddsmakers and general public thought we were going to lose against. It was a stellar performance under pressure.

Latest posts