How do you feel about rumours the Seahawks were in for Deshaun Watson?

Beren

Reaction score
I would be disappointed but not surprised. Not sure about the veracity of these murmurs mind you.

seabowl

Reaction score
Never for a second did I believe they were interested in Watson. His price tag in picks and pay would have crippled them for years. Plus, Pete wants a quarterback to distribute the ball and run his game plan and not crave to be the star. Loved RW but he wasn't willing to play Peteball anymore.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Why not kick the tires?
Exactly. I would have been disappointed if they did at least not consider the option. He is that good. But so was Russ, and it turns out he wasn't worth the price. So, I can understand how Watson would fail that same criteria, and that does not address the baggage that comes along with him.
If, as thing s stand now, they have decided to find a QB through development and or draft I can live with that. That is how we found third round pick Russ.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm just happy we didn't give up the farm for Watson. I was very worried that we would do so.

sutz

Reaction score
IMHO he was always going to be too expensive. Why blow all of the capital they got for Russ on another diva QB with real character issues facing multiple court actions on sexual harrassment suits? Too costly, too much personal baggage.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think it is great. Kick the tires on every player and walk away if it doesn’t fit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IMHO he was always going to be too expensive. Why blow all of the capital they got for Russ on another diva QB with real character issues facing multiple court actions on sexual harrassment suits? Too costly, too much personal baggage.
This. I believe Pete is looking to roll with the formula that got him a Lombardi and almost 2. That formula is:
CheapGameManagerQB + CheapRoadGraderOline + EliteDefense + SmashmouthRunGame = Superb Owl.
Now, Russell had QB SuperPowers and upside beyond "Game Manager" along with limitations. Those QB SuperPowers include few turnovers, deep ball, read-option runs, mobility to mask a cheap, power-run-oriented O-Line that sucked at pass-pro.

Pete already tried the "PayTheQB" model with Russell and it didn't get within a sniff of a Lombardi. Can't imagine they would do the PayTheQB model with DeShaun Watson. Kick the tires, fine, but probably more as a smokescreen than anything.

How did I FEEL about the rumors the Hawks were courting DeShaun Watson? I didn't take them seriously. It seems neither did Watson.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
John and Pete would have been failures at what they do if they didn't at least look at the situation, same with Kaep, same with Cam Newton. We looked at Brown, Antonio Brown last year who had issues also.

OP
OP
B

Beren

Reaction score
Disappointed they didnt get him or disappointed they went after him?

Well, I don't know what actually happened, but I'd be disappointed if they went him on moral grounds tbh.

As a footballing talent, he's excellent.