Hopefully our Guinness record doesn't fall Monday

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Let's not be babies about it. They took the record and by a significant margin. What was it like 5 dB? that's HUGE because 3dB usually sounds like double. So props to them. Let them have the record. Both teams have amazing HFAs. They're the loudest. Let's move on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Babies? Some of us literally don't care, even a little bit. It's a peeing match, was cool the first time, after the 25th time, it's kind of childish. They can have the noise record with 10K plus more fans, Hawks have the title.

lsheldon

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2dv8c7lv said:
Let's not be babies about it. They took the record and by a significant margin. What was it like 5 dB? that's HUGE because 3dB usually sounds like double. So props to them. Let them have the record. Both teams have amazing HFAs. They're the loudest. Let's move on.

NFL channel just announced the official record now stands at 142.2 as measured by Guiness staff.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Meh. They can have the record. We'll take the Lombardi. Besides, anyone who saw that snap sail over precious Pey-Pey's head at MetLife Stadium knows that Seahawk fans are loud, it has nothing to do with the CLink. And KC has a 10k higher capacity. Also, I can stomach KC having the record over other possible teams out there.

OP
OP
M

Microfiber

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2l565aed said:
Alright....I'll be the first one to call this reading BS!! The human ear threshold for pain is 110 db. At 150 db, the human ear drum ruptures. http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/c ... amples.htm

It's not fake... They didn't hit 150 so no ear drums were ruptured. However, my friend who lives in KC sent a picture of the glass in the suites, some of the pieces completely shattered. I've been there back in the 90's when we were in the afc west, and I will say I am not surprised that they broke it. I didn't think they would break it with ease like they did, but back in the 90's at the game I went to there vs the hawks, I remember the stadium shaking and the whole thing is made of concrete. I had never heard anything like that to be honest.

Seafan

Reaction score
They use noise makers during their staged events. If the 12 brought noise makers into the stadium this records would be broken easily. IMO their isn't a stadium with sustained noise like the CLINK.

It will be interesting to see how the Hawks handle the noise when they travel to KC.

strohmin

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Chiefs for breaking the record. They are a pretty damn loud stadium.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Microfiber":w6atsnud said:
Bigpumpkin":w6atsnud said:
Alright....I'll be the first one to call this reading BS!! The human ear threshold for pain is 110 db. At 150 db, the human ear drum ruptures. http://www.industrialnoisecontrol.com/c ... amples.htm

It's not fake... They didn't hit 150 so no ear drums were ruptured. However, my friend who lives in KC sent a picture of the glass in the suites, some of the pieces completely shattered. I've been there back in the 90's when we were in the afc west, and I will say I am not surprised that they broke it. I didn't think they would break it with ease like they did, but back in the 90's at the game I went to there vs the hawks, I remember the stadium shaking and the whole thing is made of concrete. I had never heard anything like that to be honest.
It's something to experience for sure. I'm happy they're turning it around because the tailgate scene is something to be seen to believe especially when the Chiefs are relevant. Because it seems they are for the first time in years people are noticing I rock Blue Friday on Red Friday and Sunday is getting fun again being blue in Chief's Nation.:)

TwilightError

Reaction score
Whenever Guinness takes there measurement crew somewhere, they make sure the record breaks. Congrats to Chiefs but I've seen enough of This now. Dont care if The 12s never get it back.

slipwax

Reaction score
I'm done with this crap too. Props to KC fans for breaking the record, the earned it. But the back and forth has become silly. "Let's see how loud we can be for a record breaking attempt!" I'm sure cowboys fans could blow everyone out of the water with their monstrosity of a stadium if they could get everyone behind it. All that really matters is the noise and passion that is brought consistently throughout a game.

Latest posts