Here's why Seattle will draft Levis

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Seahawks have spent a lot of capital on the edge position. I just don't believe it's a dire need - Nwosu, Taylor, Mafe, Irvin, Robinson, Tyreke Smith, etc are all edge players. They need to focus on IDL. Now, Anderson may be the only exception as he is the #1 Edge guy but I'm leaning toward rather seeing them trade down.

Last edited:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
the hawks are trying to help the cardinals trade 3 to a qb needy team.. A run of 4 qbs to start the draft gives them any defensive player they want.
lol ,You mean "Any Player" YOU would want?
If 3 QB's & Anderson are gone, that leaves just one QB or any left-over Defensive Player, OR even an Offensive player/playmaker of their choosing.
There are going to be some Blue Chippers that will still be there at pick #5, and if they don't have one that they feel is a fit & another team wants to move up, I believe PC & JS would be willing to trade, IF they can pick up an extra pick or two in the boot.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
the hawks are trying to help the cardinals trade 3 to a qb needy team.. A run of 4 qbs to start the draft gives them any defensive player they want.
My worst case scenario is that the Colts trade up one spot to AZ. And then AZ trades back again with someone else.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my dream that saw us take Carter.
I'm leaning back that way also, it's like the media is playing us. If he is all they say he is on the field and teammates like him I'd go for it. maybe trade out of #5 but get him!

sutz

Reaction score
Don't have a personal choice (see the "I don't know shit about the draft" thread :)), but on Brock and Salk this morning they were talking about this subject and IIRC they basically said that Levis would be more of a Schneider pick, while Young would be the Pete pick. Their take was kind of that Levis is more of an "athlete playing football" while Young "raises the game" of players around him better. Again, not my personal argument, I don't really know.

I still prefer the idea of going D on the first pick, but that's just me.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
That's right, I said it. The Seahawks are drafting Will Levis with the #5 overall pick.

Not that long ago, I was confident it was Jalen Carter. However, recent events have changed my perspective, and its obvious that the team has showed their hand with who they view to be their top pick.

In the QB selfies, look at Schneider's placement with Carroll. With CJ Stroud and Bryce Young, Schneider is far away from Carroll. However, in the selfie with Levis, where's Schneider? He's snuggling right up next to Carroll, directly behind Levis. This is a true sign that this is the QB that Schneider wants, and he's gotten himself right next to Pete in the picture as a sign that THIS is the QB he wants.

Will Levis to Seattle confirmed at #5. See images below as evidence.

I have spoken.

Don't quit your day job on this take

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I’m becoming resigned to this possibility. If a trade back doesn’t manifest and the other 3 QBs + Anderson are off the board—I can see it.

It’d be a mistake IMO. But I could see it.

Jville

Reaction score
Trading back or down also comes with cap space advantages.

For example, the difference in cap space savings in going from pick#5 to pick #10 is $2.134 million in 2023. That annual cap savings increases over the years to $3.734 million in 2026.

CactusJack

Reaction score
5 just seems high especially when you have to do some mental gymnastics to fit him into our defense. Maybe in a trade down but I just don't see them taking him at 5.
I'm almost certain that the two guys they are targeting specifically are Anderson & Wilson.

I also strongly believe that Richardson is in the mix as well.

I would be completely shocked if they took Carter. When you consider everything that has transpired.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. But hey, you never know. Especially w/these guys.
Side note: They have taken photo's with every QB they have looked at so there is that.
They are playing this perfectly. Make everyone think you're going QB, then someone can get desperate enough to trade up to 5.

In four or five years there will likely be a couple of them available on the rebound because of misuse by some of the same suspect teams. So it is a good investment in time to get to know them regardless of whether they all become game day competitors or one of them becomes a Seahawk.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
It's totally true. I saw PC and JS making out at an Applebee's luncheon with Malik McDowell way back when. I didn't think much of it until later when Malik stole a quadrunner of a trailer in the parking lot and drove off into the wilderness yelling, "Mind Bleeeeeeeach!"

Latest posts