Hawks bringing back Jarran Reed

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No one can whine about how this free agency has gone so far - that's TWO very nice acquisitions up front.

The bleeding stops now on the front 7. Pete and John have, frankly, whipped 'em out.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
How has he played recently? He was good at us previously.

We need as much depth as possible to be honest.

renofox

Reaction score
Started FA with -0- 3-4 DEs, and the team needs at least 3 of them.

Signed a 17M/yr DE (Jones) that is a very good pass rusher but a little weak against the run.

Signed a stout run defending DE (Reed) who has limited pass rush ability, hopefully at no more than 3M/yr (after leaving the Hawks he made 5M for a year with KC then 3M for a year with GB).

I like the diversity but I hope they can find a good all purpose DE in remaining FA or the draft, and maybe even 1 more for a total of 4 DE with varied attributes.

Jville

Reaction score
In 2022, Jarran appeared in 17 games while on the field for 68.2% of defensive snaps and 18.9% of special teams snaps. 2.5 sacks, 14 QB hits, 5 tackles for loss, a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries.

He'll provide excellent reinforcement upon his signing. IMO, this is very good news.

massari

Reaction score
Not sure where Clark would fit in the 3-4 that Hawks are running.

Corbin Smith:
While Seattle already has Uchenna Nwosu, Darrell Taylor, and Boye Mafe on the roster, none of those players offer the pedigree Clark does hunting down quarterbacks and his veteran presence would provide another example for the young rushers to learn from. A twitchy rusher who has dropped back in coverage a fair amount during his career, he's scheme flexible and could play as an overhanging linebacker in base fronts out of Clint Hurtt's hybrid 3-4 defense in a pinch.

OP
OP
GGotskill

GGotskill

Reaction score
Corbin Smith:

If you could bring him just to rush the passer, sure. He's never been great at setting the edge against the run, which gives me doubts. Maybe bring him in on an incentive based deal for cheap, but I would imagine he wants more than that.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Still really want Poona back.

Mone is hurt and Woods is old. Need some depth at Nose.

Latest posts