Hawks bringing back Jarran Reed

massari

Reaction score
Chopping off the quote to frame your argument? I doubt he will sign the type of deal the Hawks would offer for that role.
we're arguing? You asked a question of how he'd fit here and I provided an answer (via Corbin Smith). It's well known he's always struggled against the run, so obviously he'd be brought back to rush the passer......

OP
OP
GGotskill

GGotskill

Reaction score
wut? we're arguing? You asked a question of how he'd fit here and I provided an answer (via Corbin Smith). It's well known he's always struggled against the run, so obviously he'd be brought back to rush the passer......

Not arguing no, but you are framing an argument. By glossing over the conclusion of my post, you are missing my point. My "question" was a rhetorical statement, hence no question mark.

Could we find a place for Clark on the team? Sure. Would he sign a cheap contract to become a situational pass rusher here? Probably not.

Hawks already have a set of young situational pass rusher that are on rookie contracts. I am not sure there is a place for an aging pass rusher who disappears during the regular season and is not good against the run.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Funny…earlier today I saw his name on a best FA remaining list and thought he’d be a nice fit for the DLine reconstruction.

Polk738

Reaction score
Reed adds great rotational depth on the cheap which the team really needs right now, somebody mentioned something about Dre' mont Jones not being good against the run? I don't know where there are getting that from, Jones is a HUGE piece to this defense, mostly because he can line up anywhere and cause problems-to me he reminds me ALOT of Michael Bennett when he was on the team, Poona doesn't fit this scheme anymore, he's too small to be a 3-4 DE. Hard pass on Frank Clark, he seems to only want to show up in the playoffs.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's great that Reed is back but is he fit? He was mostly the Seahawks LDT in the 4-3 defense from 2016-20.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's great that Reed is back but is he fit? He was mostly the Seahawks LDT in the 4-3 defense from 2016-20.
Why would the front office bring in a free agent that wasn't a fit?

bsuhawk

Reaction score
FO buying two DL in FA leads me to suspect they definitely have a QB in their sights, one they think they can get at #5. I find that very disappointing.
Not necessarily. To me, this gives them more flexibility in the first round. If a QB they really like is at 5 then go ahead and draft him. Otherwise, draft Carter/Anderson and add them to the rotation.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Harris, Ford, Jefferson, and Collier are all gone. They need more than just 2 defensive lineman just to replenish what they've lost. That's not including Mone who's likely to start the season on PUP... I don't think this signing takes them out of drafting a defensive lineman at all.

OP
OP
GGotskill

GGotskill

Reaction score
Reed adds great rotational depth on the cheap which the team really needs right now, somebody mentioned something about Dre' mont Jones not being good against the run? I don't know where there are getting that from, Jones is a HUGE piece to this defense, mostly because he can line up anywhere and cause problems-to me he reminds me ALOT of Michael Bennett when he was on the team, Poona doesn't fit this scheme anymore, he's too small to be a 3-4 DE. Hard pass on Frank Clark, he seems to only want to show up in the playoffs.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Packers played Reed all over the place last season:
346 snaps at DT
292 snaps at DE
48 snaps aligned wide!? maybe worth watching the tape on that

IIRC when we drafted Reed he was a two gapping DE at Alabama and we put him into a single gap role in the 4-3. He was probably playing mostly 4i for KC in their hybrid defense but I haven't gone back to look yet.

He'll be a fit here anywhere at 3/4i/5.

Latest posts