Hawk wins? another chance! VOTE!

How many games won this year

• Total voters

Rainger

Reaction score
Well do you now want to change your vote? This is the last vote. No more gimmies. We will compare the 2 threads at the end of the season.

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'm recasting my '9 or more' vote feeling even safer with it right now.

In fact, I feel like if you were to ask me to put a range on it right now, 9-8 would be my 'slightly disappointed' W-L total at the end of the regular season.

10-7 is still what I think is 'most likely' at this point, but I would no longer be shocked if 12-5 happened. Legitimately. (Am I in danger of setting myself up for disappointment? Absolutely.)

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
For all of the threads calling each other out for previous comments now is the time to cast your vote.

Go on record. Will it be different from before or are you sticking with your previous positions.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe, even as a Geno believer that I was hard set on 5-11.

Some of it is the NFL having basically 30 average ass teams... but, wow. This team has a legitimate chance of .500+.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The division is a lot weaker than it seemed going into the season. They just seem to find ways to win, the corners are playing great, we are getting pass rush and stopping the run, if the linebackers can gel we could be in really good shape.

This feels like an upside down season, everybody we expected to be good outside of KC and Buffalo is not and a lot of teams like ourselves that were not expected to be in the mix are playing good football.

I could see 10

Geologic

Reaction score
I didn’t believe in Geno or Drew Lock. I thought 3 wins was max. I was so wrong. Geno smith playing great (I thought drew lock would’ve started) and he’s proving me wrong

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm having to upgrade my 8-9 wins to 9+, and I expect 10+ wins, the way the team is growing and developing. I'll go with 10-7 or 11-6. It feels now like we have a 50-50 or better shot to beat the Rams instead of being their bitch game after game. And the next 49ers game won't be a beatdown like the earlier one.

Never mind 2012... shades of 2005! Recall in 2005 we had the unstoppable Holmgren offense, Alexander in his MVP year, and Hass spreading the ball around. We had a below average defense, but they improved to be an "average and still improving" defense, with rookie Lofa Tatupu calling defensive signals (IIRC). This defense is legit improving, from historically bad, to a couple of "above average" games against teams with good QBs and serious skill position talent.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well do you now want to change your vote? This is the last vote. No more gimmies. We will compare the 2 threads at the end of the season.
I stand by my last vote -

i thought we were a .500 team. Then, as the offense started clicking, I said .500 with a 'hope' for .750.

I still say that - with the same 'hope' that we're not 1 and done in the playoffs, were we to made them.

12 wins seems about right IF we can maintain the current pace.

Anything can happen - couple key injuries past the trade deadline, or something unexpected. I still say that we're setting up for next year - but again, I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Only 20 votes? I thought when I woke this morning here in the future (it is Tuesday here) that there would be like 50 or more.

But I do see a shift.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I'm having to upgrade my 8-9 wins to 9+, and I expect 10+ wins, the way the team is growing and developing. I'll go with 10-7 or 11-6. It feels now like we have a 50-50 or better shot to beat the Rams instead of being their bitch game after game. And the next 49ers game won't be a beatdown like the earlier one.

Never mind 2012... shades of 2005! Recall in 2005 we had the unstoppable Holmgren offense, Alexander in his MVP year, and Hass spreading the ball around. We had a below average defense, but they improved to be an "average and still improving" defense, with rookie Lofa Tatupu calling defensive signals (IIRC). This defense is legit improving, from historically bad, to a couple of "above average" games against teams with good QBs and serious skill position talent.
You do remember correctly. I really loved that defense (I mean, not as much as that offense, which is still my favorite Seahawks offense I've ever watched), but they were like a defense that knew they weren't 'great' but didn't want to let a legitimately great offense down... and didn't.

I get a little bit of that feel for this team as well. We started that year 2-2 and there was a feel that it was going to be another ho-hum season. Then we basically went undefeated the rest of the year. (Last game of the season didn't really count, we already had the #1 seed locked up).

Difference here is there was some expectations for that team going into the offseason whereas this team everyone wrote off from the jump. But it's similar. A very good offense with a (hopefully) defense good enough that they don't fail the offense. If the way our defense played the last two weeks is how they play going forward, we could be in for a really nice season... but I'm trying to not get too hyped for it. (They're making it tough though. I haven't been this invested in a Seahawks season in like 5 years it feels like. Just feels more fun this year.)

eo620

Reaction score
I'm in at 10-7. This includes W's against the NYG, AZ, TB (sorry, vodka makes me brave!) LV, Carolina and the NYJ. An upset over the Lambs or the Whiners would be nice too! C'mon Santa! Hook a boy up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
If you haven't voted and the thread "they are who we thought they were" is to confussing for you, you can vote here. So you can have your other options.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Damn Rainger, you're obsessed. But 9-8 sounds very likely. And with pre-season expectations, pretty damn good.