Has Jamal Adams been a *gulp* disappointment?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1g65pv1k said:
Yet, not surprised some are assuming the worst about the trade already. Meh, the season is only half over.

Yeah, it's funny how no one was saying this crap after the first few games. In fact, some of the players were saying Jamal brought energy, attitude and an infectious spirit that inspired others on the D. Yet one game back from injury and the usual boo birds are already complaining about him, smh.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":sesopd79 said:
SoulfishHawk":sesopd79 said:
Yet, not surprised some are assuming the worst about the trade already. Meh, the season is only half over.

Yeah, it's funny how no one was saying this crap after the first few games. In fact, some of the players were saying Jamal brought energy, attitude and an infectious spirit that inspired others on the D. Yet one game back from injury and the usual boo birds are already complaining about him, smh.

I don't think you've taken the time to read my OP or the conversation following it.
I'm not booing him or saying he sucks.
The way he's being used sucks, and his coverage skills are a liability. He's only been effective in the backfield.

In fact, I would say with confidence that Ryan Neal is better in coverage than Adams.
If they want to utilize Adams, it should be as a hybrid linebacker. Almost like a Budda Baker type.
Asking him to sit in zone is another mistake in a laundry list of blunders by our defensive coaching staff this season.

I hope they utilize Adams more effectively to his strengths and take advantage of his athleticism and fire. And like I said, I hope we can look back at this and I get ridiculed and mocked for awhile with egg proudly on my face.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2lu50qvb said:
He will only be a disappointment if we don't resign him.
And given what they gave up to land Adams you HAVE to re-sign him. If Pete gave up two 1sts and a 3rd just for a player to rent for the year then he lost his damn mind and doesn't deserve to be head of Football Operations and should be downgraded to head coach only.

He gave up a 2nd for Sheldon a few years back, let him walk the following seasons and gave up a 3rd I believe for Clowney and let him walk too. This cannot be the trend. It's one thing to part with a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder for a rent player, but picks in the first four rounds? The first three rounds?! It's ridiculous.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":86cxle3r said:
ImTheScientist":86cxle3r said:
He will only be a disappointment if we don't resign him.
And given what they gave up to land Adams you HAVE to re-sign him. If Pete gave up two 1sts and a 3rd just for a player to rent for the year then he lost his damn mind and doesn't deserve to be head of Football Operations and should be downgraded to head coach only.

He gave up a 2nd for Sheldon a few years back, let him walk the following seasons and gave up a 3rd I believe for Clowney and let him walk too. This cannot be the trend. It's one thing to part with a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder for a rent player, but picks in the first four rounds? The first three rounds?! It's ridiculous.

Pete and John knew both Richardson and Clowney were rent-a-players with a very small chance of resigning.

Adams is different, you don't give up two first rounders not expecting to give Adams a long term deal next off season.

Different positions as well, highest paid safety makes like 14M a year, so giving Adams 15M a year for a new 4-5 year deal is much more cap friendly than giving into Clowney's 20M+ per year demands.

PNW

Reaction score
Great Jamal Adams walking into the locker room already....

PNW

Reaction score
Agreed! Glad his shoulder injury wasn’t that bad.

themunn

Reaction score
5.5 sacks in 5 games now.

Total not unreasonable to believe he could finish the season with double digits

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He can’t play his position.

So yeah, he is.

Put him at OLB. Then maybe he won’t be such a disappointment to this D.

W

Welshers

He played his ass off today. He comes with fire. Love the guy. Not a disappointment.

PNW

Reaction score
Reaneypark":rzw5pq3e said:
He can’t play his position.

So yeah, he is.

Put him at OLB. Then maybe he won’t be such a disappointment to this D.
Carful now OLB’s make more than Safeties haha. After this year is he gonna want more than Budda Baker though at $14+ million a year??? It would be hard to give up two 1st rounders, a 3rd and McDougald to not resign him but maybe he wants top dollar???

RCATES

Reaction score
Great player on a badly coached team. That's really all that needs to be said.

RCATES

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3f31cq1e said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1328416609116053512[/tweet]

Surprised the idiot who posted that couldn't notice the blatant hold against Adams on that play. Open your eyes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":cdt1dkir said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1328416609116053512[/tweet]

Yep, then Pete went to the bench, talked to Adams and he promptly went back in and got a strip fumble and another sack.

Dude's on pace for 12 sacks, 18 QB hits, 12 tackles for loss and 70-80 combined tackles.........and that's WITH missing four games.

What, you want to draft some more mediocre D-linemen or running backs in the 1st round?

Adams when healthy is one of the top 10 players in the entire league. I'll take that for the next 5-6 years over more bad 1st round picks to talk about for the next two years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The guy is a star and clearly he cares about winning and doing well.
I'm happy we got him,I just wish we had more players with the fire he
plays on but that's what separates the stars from average.
We can't draft in the first worth the crap anyway..

Latest posts