Harvins hip flared up-seeing doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor isn't Percy Harvin neither physically or in future importance basically people heal at different rates and given the obvious commitment to Harvin that the Seahawks made the situation isn't anywhere near the same hence the caution especially since we don't actually need him to win this game or any other in fact until possibly the playoffs.

The ONLY injury that should cause legitimate worry is something to Russell Wilson just like any other NFL team considered a contender until then relax.

lukerguy

Reaction score
kearly":25tptsw6 said:
Tech Worlds":25tptsw6 said:
I wouldn't use the word we. There are a few in this thread that feel very strongly that it is their job to sanctimoniously mock those that have reacted emotionally.

The emotion is fine. Emotion is part of what makes the 12thman great. It's the stupid that bugs people. Some people can't be emotional without flipping into stupid mode, but they are separate things.
Yep. I'm so embarrassed by some of you guys.
"What a mistake he is..."
"He's done for the year.."
Why don't you take it from Pete's book's principles and reserve judgement until you know more? A lot of you were the same people who were freaking out when Russell was given the chance to start the third preseason game and named starter and lost week 1. We can and will win without him if he can't go.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is why no one was going to pay him 10 million per year.

Guess we're not smarter than the rest of the league after all.

Tical21

Reaction score
Sometimes it is damn embarrassing being a Seahawks fan.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Tical21":1kh0ksex said:

To be fair, the lunacy going on in this thread is something you would see out of pretty much every NFL fanbase. It's not really specific to Seahawks fans; it's a human problem.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ffoppsv said:
Tical21":2ffoppsv said:

To be fair, the lunacy going on in this thread is something you would see out of pretty much every NFL fanbase. It's not really specific to Seahawks fans; it's a human problem.
IMO it's the Facebook syndrome. People are so used to going on that dumpster fire of a site and being such drama queens about the littlest stupid most trivial BS they think they can just naturally do it here. It's kind of sad that we as humans are devolving to that point.

rjas77

Reaction score
Tical21":1b2b7e0q said:

The only people who should be embarrassed are those that took part of the deal.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Hawks46":5hjnuqqv said:

nope, no front office makes every move correctly.
It's absolutely fine to say this was a mistake which I too believe it's looking to be.

However some of the bullcrap in this thread is ridiculous

davidonmi

Reaction score
with all the people who say we should cut ties u must be kidding. Lets just throw away a 1st, 3rd and a 7th round pick after 1 year. Some of u need to calm down

HawkWow

Reaction score
What's embarrassing is group of supposed grown men...and whatever, being somehow harmed by the words and opinions of others. I actually think tears may have been shed in this thread.

Too much talk about fans not being "loyal" to the team if they're not giving Harvin unconditional love and respect. Respect is earned, even today. Negative comments towards Harvin are the bi-product of Harvin's past antics. This idea of "Harvin is getting bashed just because he's hurt" is plain silly. Nobody's doing that. Did anyone bash Walt, Curt Warner? How about Kenny Easley? They rehabbed and we waited patiently, we knew who they were as men. We also know who Harvin is as a man. When Harvin proves himself, on and off the playing field, you can bet he will get respect. And even if he don't...why let it hurt your feelings?

Like it or not, despite our apparent youth, we do have a window. We all want a championship and those of us most "loyal" to this team, want it now before we lose any of the players currently on this team. The players that got us to 10-1.

Don't kid yourselves, things move fast in this league. There's no guarantee we have Lynch next year. We may not have Baldwin, Clemons, Tate, Bennett, MRob, Miller, etc. next year. I am much more concerned with those guys getting a ring this year, than I am Percy Harvin getting one next year. Loyalty.

chris98251

Reaction score
SeaChase":6qshvfeo said:
If he has soreness and no damage then when not play though it? Pop a few Ibuprofen and get on the field...

Three reasons.

For a joint to be sore it usally means fluid and swelling of tissue or around a injurt site, forcing the joint to move with that in there can stress and tear additional tissue creating scar tissue and a new injury.

Secondly, take and hyper extend your shoulder or elbow or knee or hip, do the splits and force your hips to open up and then try to run, and then take some ibuprofen and and go full speed at anything.

Third, his confidence in the injury isn't going to be there, he won't trust it and will be thinking of it rather then just playing, a injury can happen, he won't go full speed, his focus will be on the hip and not the ball etc.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2wpizr68 said:
chris98251":2wpizr68 said:
Having had 8 joint surgerys of different degrees I can tell you that it can feel much better until you field test it under duress, shoulder, wrists and elbows for me, once used normally in a function that loads it it gets sore and can swell as the scar tissue and surgical site gets stressed. Resting it and then repeating the re hab exercises going forward until the surgical site accepts the wear and tear your going to subject it to takes time. Also everyones body heals differently and reacts different. If he didn't incur additional damage and it's a reaction to the stress of a real game then he may have a set back for a couple weeks. He has to re establish motion and flexibility as well as reduce inflammation of the surgical site flaring up to protect itself. He may have a fluid build up also which puts pressure on things. Till we know for sure we can only wait. But it's not abnormal for this stuff to happen.

Excellent insight and I agree. Here's something else that I wonder might not be going on with Percy Harvin. That is, I wonder if he might perhaps also be dealing with the myth that he's going to be 100% fixed up, good as new. In listening to some of his comments prior to the surgery, those appeared to be the kind of sentiments I was hearing from him. This past summer, I was listening to an ex-baseball player (I can't remember who exactly, but what he said really struck a cord). He said that he'd had surgery and was incredibly frustrated because no matter how hard he worked, things just never felt completely right. He didn't feel like himself at all. One day, he was talking with a sage veteran player who told him, "You're never going to be 100% "normal" ever again. You've got to find a NEW 100% normal." He said that conversation right there saved his career because before that, he was seriously considering retiring. I can relate somewhat.

In 1997, I broke the head of the radius in my right elbow playing basketball. The orthopedic surgeon who treated me and did the surgery said he's never seen that kind of injury before, and even though he was one of the top surgeons in the region, had never done that exact surgery before. Because of the kind of break it was, he had to open up the arm and put in 3 small disolveable screws in to the bone fragments to bring them back together. He told my wife prior to the surgery (he didn't tell me) that I'd probably only ever get between 60-65% of my range of motion. I worked amazingly hard in rehab though -- absolutely killed myself. I endured my share of pain in PT, as all the ligaments, tendons, and scar tissue went through a lot of stretching in my daily exercises. Even months after the break healed, I would move my arm, feel some pain, and swear that it was still broken ... even though doctors would tell me everything was fine. In the end (and today still) I would say that I have between 90-95% of the strength and range of motion that I used to have. BUT, prior to my injury, I would say that I had a halfway decent arm and used to be able to zip a rock out across a lake quite a ways. Now after my surgery ... even, what is it, 16 years later, that extra little ooopm! that I used to have ... is gone. That extra bit of zip, isn't quite as zippy anymore and no matter how hard I've worked, I've never gotten that back. I had to find and accept a new normal for my arm. If I could talk to Harvin face to face, I would tell him that I understand how hard it is to accept this ... but the Percy Harvin you were before the surgery, is gone. You've got to find the new Percy Harvin and what's normal for him.

Your correct you find the new normal, sometimes it may be un noticeable once you get confidence back and work thru the recovery process, other times I have my strength back from all the surgerys but stamina is a lot less, I have to change up what I do more because of repetition and fatigue that can lead to soreness still. You learn to recognise warnings , light pulling sensations etc where things get tight or feel it.

Good addition to what I was trying to say though, 100 percent just means it's healed or repaired structually, not that you get 100 percent of what it used to be able to do back.

Wee-Bey

Reaction score
HawkWow":2jfq3bcz said:
What's embarrassing is group of supposed grown men...and whatever, being somehow harmed by the words and opinions of others. I actually think tears may have been shed in this thread.

Too much talk about fans not being "loyal" to the team if they're not giving Harvin unconditional love and respect. Respect is earned, even today. Negative comments towards Harvin are the bi-product of Harvin's past antics. This idea of "Harvin is getting bashed just because he's hurt" is plain silly. Nobody's doing that. Did anyone bash Walt, Curt Warner? How about Kenny Easley? They rehabbed and we waited patiently, we knew who they were as men. We also know who Harvin is as a man. When Harvin proves himself, on and off the playing field, you can bet he will get respect. And even if he don't...why let it hurt your feelings?

Like it or not, despite our apparent youth, we do have a window. We all want a championship and those of us most "loyal" to this team, want it now before we lose any of the players currently on this team. The players that got us to 10-1.

Don't kid yourselves, things move fast in this league. There's no guarantee we have Lynch next year. We may not have Baldwin, Clemons, Tate, Bennett, MRob, Miller, etc. next year. I am much more concerned with those guys getting a ring this year, than I am Percy Harvin getting one next year. Loyalty.

Rationale people of sound mind and body are probably a bit irritated by the panic and overreaction to a player experiencing soreness after a return from major hip surgery, and thereby being announced day to day by a admittedly cautious FO. Tearing apart his character and pushing for him to be cut because he was injured only flames our annoyance.

The drama is pathetic, and you're one of the worst. You don't know who Harvin is as a man, the title window isn't closing after a single season(Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Okung, & Harvin are all 25 years or younger. Think about that), and the sky isn't falling. Maybe he doesn't play for the rest of the season? I wouldn't bet on that being the case, but if it is, you'll certainly be vindicated. Until that is announced though, give it a rest. Step away from the key board, understand that this is standard procedure, and relax.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9td47wqn said:
Tical21":9td47wqn said:
I've only read about three pages of this thread, and I agree.

Lolz. This. Why is everyone going crazy over a minor setback?

By my estimation we want him for the playoffs or at worst be healthy for next season.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hawks46":1fxhnufj said:

Yeah, multiple all-pros, pro-bowlers, serious superbowl contention two years in a row but management on our team is not on par. I agree, fire them all.

:roll:

Also, pretty sure teams wouldn't mind paying him 10mil a season, but no one wanted to give up the capitol to attain him.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":19s99plk said:
Lolz. This. Why is everyone going crazy over a minor setback?

By my estimation we want him for the playoffs or at worst be healthy for next season.

I'm sure it's partially due to the specific game he's missing this Monday. That much can't be helped, but rational thought is being thrown to the wind by some. Even a number of the emotional overreactors agree that we can win this game without him, but regardless of that there's no question in my mind that this is being given a WAY bigger reaction than if we were hosting Cleveland tomorrow.

That's not to diminish the fact that it sucks to be without him in one of the biggest Seahawk regular season games ever, but the leap from that to "let's just figure out a way to dump him" is obviously a pretty stupid one.

nsport

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gjn3ogz said:
MidwestHawker":2gjn3ogz said:
Tical21":2gjn3ogz said:

IMO it's the Facebook syndrome. People are so used to going on that dumpster fire of a site and being such drama queens about the littlest stupid most trivial BS they think they can just naturally do it here. It's kind of sad that we as humans are devolving to that point.
I'm eating breakfast... want to see my scrambled eggs? I'm happy and sad today. It rained last night. I wonder what my brother is up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.