Harvins hip flared up-seeing doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I would like to think that Pete would not hold Percy out needlessly. This game is one of the most important of the season, helping determine our home-field advantage. That "longer haul" PC keeps talking about? It starts with New Orleans.

Pete knows this full well, of course. So I think it's likely that Percy really can't play in his current condition, which bodes worse than the idea of Pete just being coy.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1z885ixe said:
I would like to think that Pete would not hold Percy out needlessly. This game is one of the most important of the season, helping determine our home-field advantage. That "longer haul" PC keeps talking about? It starts with New Orleans.

Pete knows this full well, of course. So I think it's likely that Percy really can't play in his current condition, which bodes worse than the idea of Pete just being coy.

Unless Pete is feeding the media lines, he had a pretty convincing interview on Seahawks Saturday Night saying this Monday night game is no more important than any other game during the regular season. He seriously looked almost appalled at the mention of it being any different then any other game. With that in mind if Percy isn't ready, I wouldn't expect to see him.

stack600

Reaction score
Boy he cut him off too when Levine asked him about this game and implication towards HFA. He had that look like"Come On Man, you know it's 1 game at a time" loved it. Don't just preach it...Belive IT....

PryorFamily

Reaction score
stack600":15b5leex said:
MontanaHawk05":15b5leex said:
This is why you don't believe anything PC says in his pressers.

Wouldn't be surprised if Percy played vs the 49ers, though.
No I'm not saying he won't play again this year, or to even completely rule him out for tomorrow. it just takes time for stuff that moves all the time like hips,knees and shoulders to fully heal.

Like a knee replacement. you can do almost anything you did after 4 months.(It just don't feel like your knee for about a year)

Not to mention that he's not in true midseason "football" shape. The body takes time to get used to the impacts and type of stress that things like blocking, cutting, and route running do. You can't simulate game action at practice. Not really.

Think of it this way........

If this was the beginning of the season, Percy would be in week three of the preseason physically. Would everyone be as crazy if that were the case? Nope. Not even close. You can't expect a guy to jump into mid season on a 10-1 team and be automatically perfect. And to think..... his 1 catch and 1 return were pretty freaking great. Give him time. We don't actually need him yet. Playoffs are when we could really add a new dimension to our offense and catch people sleeping. Until then....... enjoy the ride! We are 10 - 1 with a chance to put a stranglehold on HFA in about 18 hours.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think dude was hurt when we traded for him. Right now de Andre Hopkins was a smarter move. Especially if you look at cap hit. I Liked the move but so far it's been a huge dissapointment.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
stack600":1jtvqr3y said:
Boy he cut him off too when Levine asked him about this game and implication towards HFA. He had that look like"Come On Man, you know it's 1 game at a time" loved it. Don't just preach it...Belive IT....

Philosophies and mediaspeak aside, there are practical realities that rely on games being prioritized. Let's not get so enamored of the mantras floating around the VMAC that we assume that we're the only team that takes every game seriously. Every team has to decide whether to risk activating injured players. We're not special there. All through the league, hurt players suddenly become healthy enough when a division game rolls around. It's like clockwork. Teams prioritize injured players for more valuable games.

Pete knows the importance of the NO game. I suspect that either Percy's injury is deteriorating, or that Pete's being too cautious for his own good. And if Seattle loses tomorrow by anything less than a blowout, there will be wondering whether Harvin could have made a difference.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1uogfrdd said:
Philosophies and mediaspeak aside, there are practical realities that rely on games being prioritized. Let's not get so enamored of the mantras floating around the VMAC that we assume that we're the only team that takes every game seriously. Every team has to decide whether to risk activating injured players. We're not special there. All through the league, hurt players suddenly become healthy enough when a division game rolls around. It's like clockwork. Teams prioritize injured players for more valuable games.

Pete knows the importance of the NO game. I suspect that either Percy's injury is deteriorating, or that Pete's being too cautious for his own good. And if Seattle loses tomorrow by anything less than a blowout, there will be wondering whether Harvin could have made a difference.

And if that does happen, you would still have to wait out the season before completely blaming Pete's judgment, after all NO doesn't exactly have a cakewalk the rest of the season. HFA does not completely ride on this game alone.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":1138ytf1 said:
And if that does happen, you would still have to wait out the season before completely blaming Pete's judgment, after all NO doesn't exactly have a cakewalk the rest of the season.

Neither do we. It helps enormously that three of them are home games, but after Tampa I don't believe in home gimme games.

New Orleans is one of the most complete teams we'll face this year. It's a much stronger proof of our playoff potential than any of our other wins. I would much rather Pete do everything in his power to win each game, and ESPECIALLY this one. If he doesn't, I at least hope it's because Percy is legitimately unable to play at 100%.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I personally feel like we can win this without Percy, and don't really have any reason to believe this hip situation isn't being handled correctly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Also based on how the handled Clem's injury I don't think they force an issue, they let the Doctors do their jobs not pressure the players.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If you people need a place to cry during superbowl run there's an exit and the top left of your screen that says Logout.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wee-Bey":1nkspyyg said:
HawkWow":1nkspyyg said:
What's embarrassing is group of supposed grown men...and whatever, being somehow harmed by the words and opinions of others. I actually think tears may have been shed in this thread.

Too much talk about fans not being "loyal" to the team if they're not giving Harvin unconditional love and respect. Respect is earned, even today. Negative comments towards Harvin are the bi-product of Harvin's past antics. This idea of "Harvin is getting bashed just because he's hurt" is plain silly. Nobody's doing that. Did anyone bash Walt, Curt Warner? How about Kenny Easley? They rehabbed and we waited patiently, we knew who they were as men. We also know who Harvin is as a man. When Harvin proves himself, on and off the playing field, you can bet he will get respect. And even if he don't...why let it hurt your feelings?

Like it or not, despite our apparent youth, we do have a window. We all want a championship and those of us most "loyal" to this team, want it now before we lose any of the players currently on this team. The players that got us to 10-1.

Don't kid yourselves, things move fast in this league. There's no guarantee we have Lynch next year. We may not have Baldwin, Clemons, Tate, Bennett, MRob, Miller, etc. next year. I am much more concerned with those guys getting a ring this year, than I am Percy Harvin getting one next year. Loyalty.

Rationale people of sound mind and body are probably a bit irritated by the panic and overreaction to a player experiencing soreness after a return from major hip surgery, and thereby being announced day to day by a admittedly cautious FO. Tearing apart his character and pushing for him to be cut because he was injured only flames our annoyance.

The drama is pathetic, and you're one of the worst. You don't know who Harvin is as a man, the title window isn't closing after a single season(Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Okung, & Harvin are all 25 years or younger. Think about that), and the sky isn't falling. Maybe he doesn't play for the rest of the season? I wouldn't bet on that being the case, but if it is, you'll certainly be vindicated. Until that is announced though, give it a rest. Step away from the key board, understand that this is standard procedure, and relax.

I don't know who Harvin is as a man? Do you read or just spew stupid sh*t? I'm done trying to educate the groupies about Harvin. He has been a cancer on every team and for every coach he's played for. Google the topic so you(r posts) don't sound so much like a teenage girl writing about that Bieber kid. Some of you seem to think Harvin should be gifted the same respect Largent got. Harvin is the antithesis of Steve Largent.

I've not once said I am bummed he's on the team. That's what not winning championships will do. You make a deal with the devil then turn the other way to hide the fact you did. Harvin has attacked coaches, threatened to sit out almost every year, failed piss tests and fabricated illness'. You love him all you want. I don't have to. Get over it. He don't love you. He's no good for you. He has never been "loyal" to anyone other than Percy Harvin. Again, do your research before he breaks your little heart.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
HawkWow":1be29nx9 said:
Wee-Bey":1be29nx9 said:
HawkWow":1be29nx9 said:
What's embarrassing is group of supposed grown men...and whatever, being somehow harmed by the words and opinions of others. I actually think tears may have been shed in this thread.

Too much talk about fans not being "loyal" to the team if they're not giving Harvin unconditional love and respect. Respect is earned, even today. Negative comments towards Harvin are the bi-product of Harvin's past antics. This idea of "Harvin is getting bashed just because he's hurt" is plain silly. Nobody's doing that. Did anyone bash Walt, Curt Warner? How about Kenny Easley? They rehabbed and we waited patiently, we knew who they were as men. We also know who Harvin is as a man. When Harvin proves himself, on and off the playing field, you can bet he will get respect. And even if he don't...why let it hurt your feelings?

Like it or not, despite our apparent youth, we do have a window. We all want a championship and those of us most "loyal" to this team, want it now before we lose any of the players currently on this team. The players that got us to 10-1.

Don't kid yourselves, things move fast in this league. There's no guarantee we have Lynch next year. We may not have Baldwin, Clemons, Tate, Bennett, MRob, Miller, etc. next year. I am much more concerned with those guys getting a ring this year, than I am Percy Harvin getting one next year. Loyalty.

Rationale people of sound mind and body are probably a bit irritated by the panic and overreaction to a player experiencing soreness after a return from major hip surgery, and thereby being announced day to day by a admittedly cautious FO. Tearing apart his character and pushing for him to be cut because he was injured only flames our annoyance.

The drama is pathetic, and you're one of the worst. You don't know who Harvin is as a man, the title window isn't closing after a single season(Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Okung, & Harvin are all 25 years or younger. Think about that), and the sky isn't falling. Maybe he doesn't play for the rest of the season? I wouldn't bet on that being the case, but if it is, you'll certainly be vindicated. Until that is announced though, give it a rest. Step away from the key board, understand that this is standard procedure, and relax.

I don't know who Harvin is as a man? Do you read or just spew stupid sh*t? I'm done trying to educate the groupies about Harvin. He has been a cancer on every team and for every coach he's played for. Google the topic so you(r posts) don't sound so much like a teenage girl writing about that Bieber kid. Some of you seem to think Harvin should be gifted the same respect Largent got. Harvin is the antithesis of Steve Largent.

I've not once said I am bummed he's on the team. That's what not winning championships will do. You make a deal with the devil then turn the other way to hide the fact you did. Harvin has attacked coaches, threatened to sit out almost every year, failed piss tests and fabricated illness'. You love him all you want. I don't have to. Get over it. He don't love you. He's no good for you. He has never been "loyal" to anyone other than Percy Harvin. Again, do your research before he breaks your little heart.

This post is so full of fail, I can't even elaborate. Just awful

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2g1s495y said:
If you people need a place to cry during superbowl run there's an exit and the top left of your screen that says Logout.

Last I checked, this board is a place for all opinions. Do I try to bully you out when yours is different?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":urvpnwee said:
vin.couve12":urvpnwee said:

Last I checked, this board is a place for all opinions. Do I try to bully you out when yours is different?

Bully? lol

Re-read your own post again. As it suggests, if you don't like my post that's your problem.

HawkWow

Reaction score
mjwhitay":2e84itn1 said:
HawkWow":2e84itn1 said:
Wee-Bey":2e84itn1 said:
HawkWow":2e84itn1 said:

This post is so full of fail, I can't even elaborate. Just awful

Instead of playing the troll, perhaps hellbent on increasing your post count, why not point out just one inaccuracy in what I said? Because you "can't elaborate"? No, you can't. That would require some knowledge of the situation. Knowledge will always trump fanaticism. You lose.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ezc27fhs said:
MontanaHawk05":ezc27fhs said:
vin.couve12":ezc27fhs said:

Bully? lol

Re-read your own post again. As it suggests, if you don't like my post that's your problem.

Why even post what you posted? It does nothing productive and is not on topic.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gone far enough, could have locked this several times but seems that people want to keep going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts