Harvin sits out Wed. practice

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":wucp0jqm said:
Sgt. Largent":wucp0jqm said:
kthebestwayw":wucp0jqm said:
guys we are playing the buccs this week remember? no need to rush him back. they can't rush the passer and Lynch will have a field day with him.

Isn't this what we said last week?

Tampa is no Jacksonville. They have a good defense, a better running game than the Rams and Glennon can throw it around. He may throw 3 picks, but he can also throw for 300 yards.

I agree with you in general - they have a top-ten defense and Glennon has looked competent - but their running game is bad. Doug Martin is hurt and has been ineffective all year. They're running Mike James out there. Zac Stacy is better than hobbled Martin or Mike James.

Well even without Martin they're averaging almost 100 yards per game rushing.......and before the Rams ripped off 200 yards on us Monday they were almost dead last.

Bottom line, we shouldn't just say LOL at the 0-7 Bucs, especially with how awful our offense was Monday.

White Knight

Reaction score
Soreness when first getting back into the swing of things is exceptionally normal with these types of injuries. Not even remotely worth getting worked up about. Especially considering he's way ahead of schedule. Even if he didn't play until Min or even NO he'd be ahead of schedule.

Fret not, my 12th brethren.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
No.. if he isn't ready fully no sense in bringing him back. Not against the Bucs. They may not be Jax but they are awful. This game is at home and there is zero to take from the game in STL.

Tate, Baldwin and Kearse will take care of business. They all play big and Tate is starting to see more targets. I expect to see a lot of frustration taken out on the Bucs. I'm not talking about just the team either. The crowd has had the Hawks home one time in the last 5 weeks. Welcome to the Clink Glennon.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about that "flare up" he had last Thursday. I hope it was very minor.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think we're OK as long as we have Harvin, Breno and Unger available sometime around Thanksgiving. Certainly by 12-2. If not, we will likely be doing some traveling this post season.

Polaris

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":9xho4i4m said:
I am thinking New Orleans is their target date.

I don't think so. Harvin has to be activated by Monday after this coming Monday (right after the ATL game) or go on IR because of when he started practicing again.

I think that Harvin sees limited duty vs Atlanta....Minn at the very latest.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Outfield":28l7kcxl said:
I'm a bit worried about that "flare up" he had last Thursday. I hope it was very minor.

Don't worry about it. From my understanding, he just overworked this muscles a bit as he rehabbed. When he "flares" up, that's just extra soreness from the muscles that are compensating for his healing hip, not necessarily the labrum, and they just have to give him a day off so they don't push things and aggravate something.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Polaris":2n97mj7v said:
KCHawkGirl":2n97mj7v said:
I am thinking New Orleans is their target date.

I don't think so. Harvin has to be activated by Monday after this coming Monday (right after the ATL game) or go on IR because of when he started practicing again.

I think that Harvin sees limited duty vs Atlanta....Minn at the very latest.
Activated is different from playing. Actually I think we see him in the Minnesota but possibly in Atlanta despite what I think the team's timeline, it's obvious they're erring on the side of caution here.