Golden Tate signs with the Lions

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Grateful for his help in bringing home the trophy to the Seahawks.

Man, I hope Odell Beckham Jr. slips to #32 to us...He'd be a perfect replacement in the WR corps as well as returning punts.

mikeak

Reaction score
No issues with this. He did good and he put his body out there for the team BUT

to me we need the guy that can get open at all times now. I am less interested in YAC vs the guy that can be a go-to first down catch guy. If he falls down right after that then so be it

amill87

Reaction score
I never expected Tate to return.

In this league, passing still rules all. There are too many teams that are still built around throwing the ball and Tate was gonna get paid.

Zero chance we would've paid him more than 4 mil a year. It just wouldn't have been smart to have 15+ mil every year tied up in just two receivers on a defensive run first team

rightbench

Reaction score
report said we offered him 5 yrs 35 mil and he turned it down. Since he said he'd take a bit of a discount to stay here you have to think they paid him north of that.... 5 years $43 mil?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1iglytw8 said:
Bummer. I expected it, but bummer nonetheless. I appreciate what he did for this organization. I'll never forget the way he manned up to those dirty Rams last season. It'll be weird seeing him troll in another uniform.

He gets nothing but props and well wishes from me. He's grown up a lot. Lions got a good one.

Yeah he owned the Rams in both games last year.

Bet Rams and their fans are rejoicing.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wow. This one hurts. I was really attached to Golden, and think he'll be great for the Lions. Thanks so much for the memories. That punt return against TB to help us claw back into that game is one of the greatest individual efforts I've ever seen.

Ow.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":2eq0rohj said:
I thought he played poor in the playoffs. Oh well, it is still sad to see him go.

I guess we are drafting a WR in the first round now?
Pretty likely in my opinion unless a really good OL guy drops to us.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
There wasn't enough room for Tate, Baldwin and Harvin. I am not sure what all the fuss was about? He had issues getting separation; he had a combined 8 catches in all the playoff games. His real value to this team was punt returner and yet he never did return one for a touchdown (almost at Arizona). I would rather they get a big bodied Jermichael Findley type to compliment Balwin, Kearse and Harvin. I also think Lockett might step up as well, I think we will be fine. The Hawks did not aggressively go after him. I guarantee the Lions overpaid!!!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Sucks, but if he got 5/35, then I'm alright with letting him go.

818221180.gif

Wartooth

Reaction score
Get Dougy B extended, and find Russell a bigger target.
This don't hurt that much.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
jkitsune":26vyly1p said:
Wow. This one hurts. I was really attached to Golden, and think he'll be great for the Lions. Thanks so much for the memories. That punt return against TB to help us claw back into that game is one of the greatest individual efforts I've ever seen.

Ow.

Yeah I think our punt return unit just took a bigger hit than our Offense. Really going to miss what he brought on Special Teams.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Does this mean we will be aggressive in the draft for a WR? Great year for it. This might also mean the return of Rice at a cheaper price, which I would love. Percy would take so much pressure off him getting double teamed.

Thanks for the memories Tate. Can't fault a guy getting a nice promotion on a team that will utilize him more.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Good for him. 5 years is a nice pact, probably some solid coin, too.