"God Dang I'm proud of these guys!" enough is enough...

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I just can't watch Pete's speeches anymore. Having optimism and being cheery is fine, but not when you're doing horrible and you're not doing anything to fix it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, tired of the coach speak. When does the coaches self accountability come into play?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vh1vj7t said:
Yep, tired of the coach speak. When does the coaches self accountability come into play?

Not until Pete's contract expires, apparently.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
First off, this is my first post so here we go:

I agree w/ the OP minus being done as a Seahawk fan.

In my 30 years of watching Football, I've never seen a coach that continually holds himself to zero accountability for the teams weaknesses, losses and faults...until Pete Carroll. When you watch a team like the Rams or any other team that is on a championship trajectory, if they lose or play like crap, the coach holds himself accountable for the gameplan and how the team played in general. Sean McVay continually accepts responsiblity.

The reality is that we are witnessing another cycle of Carroll losing the locker room (this first happened after "The Play" when he didn't hold himself accountable and lead to the demise of the LOB) and now we are seeing it again with this horrendous defense. He's made no changes, doesn't adapt during a game and holds no one accountable. Not himself, Not KNJ, not Tre Flowers....no one. You can't respect a coach like that.

I'm also sick of his BS Rah Rah Nonsense: "Flowers Had a great Camp", "I'm proud of these guys", "We're exactly where we want to be" "Carson has a little neck things that's been bothering him" "Its a really bad finger sprain".

When I heard him say that it was a "Really Bad Finger Sprain", I lost it. Way to undermine your Franchise QB by making him look like a soft, weak P*$$y when he broke his finger and ligaments. Why would anyone want to play for a coach, when the coach makes you look soft?

In 10 years we have gone through 3 different offensive coordinators. What's been the pattern here? The same conservative play calling with run run pass punt. Surely 3 different offensive coordinators can't have the same offensive philosophy which points to Carroll being the problem. This team is way too talented to be producing the results that they have been on both sides of the ball. No FA is buying into this team and the players have stopped buying into it as well. Just look at Wilson's reaction to the play calling:

https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1449937223172837384?s=20

Unfortunately, Carroll and Schneider have greatly mismanaged this team which will have a profound impact for years to come by trading away a ton of draft picks, busting continually with first round picks and the Jamal Adams trade set this franchise back for YEARS. The guy got paid and so far this season, he's been a disaster. The two missed interceptions last night were comical for someone who claims to be "The Best in the Nation". It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but I think at this point, it's best for Wilson to leave and take his talent elsewhere than to waste his prime with a senile head coach. I'd say that it's better to fire Pete but we know that won't happen with his extension and that fact that he has absolute power and control over personnel and the team. Add to the fact that you have an owner who is completely disengaged from football operations and unfortunately we're stuck with this guy. I literally can't stand seeing his face on TV.

The Season is over. That's the reality of it. Between the Divisional losses and number of injuries, we wont' make playoffs and sadly, we wont' have a high first round pick to show for it.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":112c16dy said:
First off, this is my first post so here we go:

I agree w/ the OP minus being done as a Seahawk fan.

In my 30 years of watching Football, I've never seen a coach that continually holds himself to zero accountability for the teams weaknesses, losses and faults...until Pete Carroll. When you watch a team like the Rams or any other team that is on a championship trajectory, if they lose or play like crap, the coach holds himself accountable for the gameplan and how the team played in general. Sean McVay continually accepts responsiblity.

The reality is that we are witnessing another cycle of Carroll losing the locker room (this first happened after "The Play" when he didn't hold himself accountable and lead to the demise of the LOB) and now we are seeing it again with this horrendous defense. He's made no changes, doesn't adapt during a game and holds no one accountable. Not himself, Not KNJ, not Tre Flowers....no one. You can't respect a coach like that.

In 10 years we have gone through 3 different offensive coordinators. What's been the pattern here? The same conservative play calling with run run pass punt. Surely 3 different offensive coordinators can't have the same offensive philosophy which points to Carroll being the problem. This team is way too talented to be producing the results that they have been on both sides of the ball. No FA is buying into this team and the players have stopped buying into it as well. Just look at Wilson's reaction to the play calling:

https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1449937223172837384?s=20

Unfortunately, Carroll and Schneider have greatly mismanaged this team which will have a profound impact for years to come by trading away a ton of draft picks, busting continually with first round picks and the Jamal Adams trade set this franchise back for YEARS. The guy got paid and so far this season, he's been a disaster. The two missed interceptions last night were comical for someone who claims to be "The Best in the Nation". It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but I think at this point, it's best for Wilson to leave and take his talent elsewhere than to waste his prime with a senile head coach. I'd say that it's better to fire Pete but we know that won't happen with his extension and that fact that he has absolute power and control over personnel and the team. Add to the fact that you have an owner who is completely disengaged from football operations and unfortunately we're stuck with this guy. I literally can't stand seeing his face on TV.

The Season is over. That's the reality of it. Between the Divisional losses and number of injuries, we wont' make playoffs and sadly, we wont' have a high first round pick to show for it.

Great first post, and I agree with everything you said 100% but wow that tweet was so incredibly telling. Russ is checking out if not already.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's alright to be proud of your team despite losing.

Joe Judge "I hate my players" coaching does not work.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1x9s65d5 said:

Pride is a word you use for college and youth sports. Good effort and hard work is appreciated with kids.

The is the NFL, there's no pride in losses.

The fact is the game went about how I thought it would, Geno playing just OK and the defense slightly improving because they were finally playing an offense that was almost as bad as them.

Pittsburgh is not a good team, and will probably finish at or below .500

So there is no pride for me. Just another frustrating loss by a team on the downslide or the year, and probably an era.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":32w6izvb said:
Sports Hernia":32w6izvb said:

Not until Pete's contract expires, apparently.
Sadly, I believe this is correct.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2k833pfe said:
Maelstrom787":2k833pfe said:

Pride is a word you use for college and youth sports. Good effort and hard work is appreciated with kids.

The fact is the game went about how I thought it would, Geno playing just OK and the defense slightly improving because they were finally playing an offense that was almost as bad as them.

So there is no pride for me. Just another frustrating loss by a team on the downslide or the year, and probably an era.

We're fans. Our pride, or lack thereof, doesn't affect team morale or chemistry like that of a head coach.

Asshole managers who hate their crew don't have good crews. Not sure of any place where that sort of attitude works.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":zq09j36p said:
Sgt. Largent":zq09j36p said:
Maelstrom787":zq09j36p said:

We're fans. Our pride, or lack thereof, doesn't affect team morale or chemistry like that of a head coach.

Asshole managers who hate their crew don't have good crews. Not sure of any place where that sort of attitude works.
True, there are other options besides the 2 extremes.
One one end you have the PC (everything is wonderful at all times) and then the a-hole POS a coach.
Most coaches fall between those 2.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":8ptic3cy said:
Russell Wilson is the death of the Russell Wilson era

I'm still trying to wrap my feeble head around that one. :)

He's his own worst enemy kind of thing?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
WHAAAAHHHH!!!!, (Takes a deep breath)(snivel) WHAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm starting to get a kick out of all the crybabies here....I REMEMBER when the Seahawks were NOBODY, and WINNING was so damned sporadic, that the REAL FANS who stuck with this Franchise thru thick & thin are the ONLY ones that get my accolades, & respect....We FINALLY DO get a winning Coach who gets us a got damned Super Bowl Trophy for US, and all the snivelers WHO WEREN'T THEREE when they REALLY SUCKED are the ones who are crying the hardest, and making the most noise.... NOW!!, HOPEFULLY, the ones that are sniveling the hardest, are the ones who go towards the light, and find a new team, Coach & Quarterback to snivel about. :pukeface:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2y17ri6h said:
WHAAAAHHHH!!!!, (Takes a deep breath)(snivel) WHAAAAHHHH!!!! I'm starting to get a kick out of all the crybabies here....I REMEMBER when the Seahawks were NOBODY, and WINNING was so damned sporadic, that the REAL FANS who stuck with this Franchise thru thick & thin are the ONLY ones that get my accolades, & respect....We FINALLY DO get a winning Coach who gets us a got damned Super Bowl Trophy for US, and all the snivelers WHO WEREN'T THEREE when they REALLY SUCKED are the ones who are crying the hardest, and making the most noise.... NOW!!, HOPEFULLY, the ones that are sniveling the hardest, are the ones who go towards the light, and find a new team, Coach & Quarterback to snivel about. :pukeface:

I went through the losing and the those teams had very little talent to speak of. This team has talent and is still losing. Thats the difference. 3 questionable playoff wins in 6 years with a HOF QB,,,,,,,thats an issue.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think OP needs to go roll a fatty and he will be fine.