Geno gonna Geno.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Geno cannot take the sack on 3rd down.
Then on his last throw he had Goodwin open on the right sideline, instead he threw into triple coverage. Those 2 plays are on him, other than that he played well in spurts, but those last 2 plays for were with the game on the line. There is a reason he’s a career back up and not a career starter, and it ain’t dumb luck.

Defense and tackling was atrocious. A career back up QB as a starter, a Swiss cheese defense that can’t tackle, 2 horrible coordinators, and a head coach who the game passed by 5 years ago = a very high draft choice next year.

Last edited:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Defense and tackling was atrocious. A career back up QB as a starter, a Swiss cheese defense that can’t tackle, 2 horrible coordinators, and a head coach who the game passed by 5 years ago = a very high draft choice next year.
100% correct in your assessment.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
No matter how well he does, I just don't believe he can come through in the clutch.
I think if we are going to lose all the games let’s put lock in. At least then we could maybe strike gold and have a qb to hold us over or be our future. Won’t know until we try.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Wow.

Best player for 95% of the game sucks because he couldn't hit a 4th and 18 hail mary?
Not exactly. He should never have been in that position. That's why he sucked. He is one of those QBs that look great between the 20s but when push comes to shove he delivers a sack, int, fumble, loss of yards, missed open WR, and so on.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Not exactly. He should never have been in that position. That's why he sucked. He is one of those QBs that look great between the 20s but when push comes to shove he delivers a sack, int, fumble, loss of yards, missed open WR, and so on.
You're right, he shouldn't have: He shouldn't have had the first down he already completed taken away and his line shouldn't have gotten run over like that.

The confirmation bias in this thread is so garbage. I hope you guys didn't dislocate your shoulder patting yourselves on the back over how 'right' you were about Geno.

I am under no illusion that Geno is somehow the next Tom Brady or even prime Russell Wilson. But if a game like today's, where your QB has 2-to-1 TD to INT (the interception on a hail mary), over 300 yards, with 73% completion, you somehow manage to make the loss about the QB, I don't know what level of QB play would make you happy.

The problem with Geno today wasn't his play, it was his name. Because if that was Russ or whichever rookie some of you had hoped the Seahawks had drafted, we'd either be talking about how Russ got let down by his line and/or Pete and/or his defense or how this rookie QB is the future of the Seahawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You're right, he shouldn't have: He shouldn't have had the first down he already completed taken away and his line shouldn't have gotten run over like that.

The confirmation bias in this thread is so garbage. I hope you guys didn't dislocate your shoulder patting yourselves on the back over how 'right' you were about Geno.

I am under no illusion that Geno is somehow the next Tom Brady or even prime Russell Wilson. But if a game like today's, where your QB has 2-to-1 TD to INT (the interception on a hail mary), over 300 yards, with 73% completion, you somehow manage to make the loss about the QB, I don't know what level of QB play would make you happy.

The problem with Geno today wasn't his play, it was his name. Because if that was Russ or whichever rookie some of you had hoped the Seahawks had drafted, we'd either be talking about how Russ got let down by his line and/or Pete and/or his defense or how this rookie QB is the future of the Seahawks.
Objectivity is dead.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score

Geno will NEVER be clutch. Yes there were many other factors that contributed to this loss, hell, even to blame for it. My thoughts on Geno are based on his body of work. There is a reason he went 1-3 last year stepping in as starter beating only the Jags. You can bet you sweet ass if someone like Wilson was playing you would have confidence no matter what his 'stats' in the game were. Why? Because Russ has shown he can play clutch. Please note the operative word 'can'.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Geno will NEVER be clutch. Yes there were many other factors that contributed to this loss, hell, even to blame for it. My thoughts on Geno are based on his body of work. There is a reason he went 1-3 last year stepping in as starter beating only the Jags. You can bet you sweet ass if someone like Wilson was playing you would have confidence no matter what his 'stats' in the game were. Why? Because Russ has shown he can play clutch. Please note the operative word 'can'.
No, I wouldn't be confident. Being clutch is the most overrated factor in sports. If Geno's defense played as well as Russ's this week, Geno doesn't have to be clutch. We win the game in a walk.

Points scored in quarters 1-3 count just the same as points scored in quarter 4. There are about two dozen teams this week who wish their QB was as productive as ours was (including KC, TB, and DEN).

You don't have to think Geno is great or the answer or anything more than a stopgap. That's fine.

But the dude gave us a game that would look good for basically any QB in the league. If that level of play isn't good enough, than guess what? You aren't going to be happy with anyone.