I could also see drafting one depending on what happens
And there are 6 viable QB's:

Williams
Maye
Daniels
Penix
McCarthy
Nix

Ranked in that order by CBS (swap Nix and McCarthy for PFF ranking)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I don’t see how we get one…that is projected to be a QBotF type.

Not this year at least.
If McCarthy has a good combine then he'll move up into the 1st round which I expect could happen. Then you have Penix, McCarthy and Nix potentially available at #16. Next years QB draft class is not as good. I don't think we want to wait until 2026 to find our QBotF.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I've seen mocks projecting Penix at 10 or 12. We may be stuck in purgatory again if that's the guy they want. Too hard to say.

keasley45

Reaction score
I'd rather have a stud ILB (or two) a stud Guard, or a stud Safety. I wouldnt sacrifice draft capital to trade up.

Regardless of who we'd draft in the middle of the 1st, I doubt they'd be ready to lead us anywhere meaningful before '26. So if Geno is playing Brock Purdy until then, that's fine by me. Get the right guy when the right guy comes to you or is reasonably attainable. Build the rest of your team until then behind a qb who finished 8th his first year starting and 13th last year despite bottom 5 support in the running game, o line and defense.

James in PA

Reaction score
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Shake it off, shake it off

(Ya like how I combined our 2 favorite subjects, Geno and Taylor Swift)?

chris98251

Reaction score
Given this front office is pretty forthright, what If John said to Geno, we need you now, we are going to draft someone, we would like you to mentor him, Penix and Geno worked out together a lot, if John hints that it could be him if available and having Grubb as the OC I could see this aligning and Geno at his age knowing that his window is getting narrow anyway.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I've seen mocks projecting Penix at 10 or 12. We may be stuck in purgatory again if that's the guy they want. Too hard to say.
IF you have intel that another team in that range plans to take him, then you make a move up & grab him. The team has two third round picks. You could probably get away with only surrounding one of them to move up in the 11-12 range. It can be done.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Glad we have grown-ups in the front office who aren't listening to the angsty fanbase.

Geno either stays, or we get a decent return for him. Only two outcomes that make a lick of sense.
I just don’t understand any QBOTF talk right now. Without vastly improving the defense, Magic mahomes himself couldn’t turn this thing around. For example, no Chris Jones, no Super Bowl appearance and certainly no Super Bowl title for patty.

Geno has beaten Detroit twice and Drew took down the eagles, so they are proven, cheap assets to deploy next year while we full on overhaul the pathetic, embarrassing defense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is more about confidence in Grubb and Huff than merely in Geno. With a change in offensive philosophy and coaching, Geno will have the opportunity to start the season strong if he doesn't lose any of his weapons and if our new coaching staff turns out to be competent at this level, at least until the league gets enough tape on what Grubb is doing.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to watching a half dozen youtube videos tonight from the regular Seahawks streamers on this not so surprising news. I'm still glad they do what they do. I hate the offseason.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to watching a half dozen youtube videos tonight from the regular Seahawks streamers on this not so surprising news. I'm still glad they do what they do. I hate the offseason.
Who are your favorites?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I just don’t understand any QBOTF talk right now. Without vastly improving the defense, Magic mahomes himself couldn’t turn this thing around. For example, no Chris Jones, no Super Bowl appearance and certainly no Super Bowl title for patty.

Geno has beaten Detroit twice and Drew took down the eagles, so they are proven, cheap assets to deploy next year while we full on overhaul the pathetic, embarrassing defense.
If/when we improve the defense and the trenches the question is can Geno Smith win you a super bowl or failing that numerous play off games? The answer to me is no. This year QB class looks talented, next years not so much. I'm viewing it as a bridge year.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Fwiw Based on the trade chart, Swapping the 16th pick for the 11th pick would essentially cost you Pick 76 (3rd rounder) to pull off. So, they will have options to move up/down the draft board. IF they truly are targeting someone.