Geno’s Back

keasley45

Reaction score
It's the right move. It doesn't at all preclude the team from drafting a qb this year if Grubb gets a shot at Penix. At this point I'd say that's likely their plan, along with letting Lock sign somewhere else if he chooses to. Whether Penix is there when we select or not is a huge question mark. Everybody in the league knows that if he's there, we will select him. That's not a good recipe for success, as every potential trade partner will jack up their price and anyone considering him in the first will be ready to pounce.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
It's the right move. It doesn't at all preclude the team from drafting a qb this year if Grubb gets a shot at Penix. At this point I'd say that's likely their plan, along with letting Lock sign somewhere else if he chooses to. Whether Penix is there when we select or not is a huge question mark. Everybody in the league knows that if he's there, we will select him. That's not a good recipe for success, as every potential trade partner will jack up their price and anyone considering him in the first will be ready to pounce.
Which is why there's a real possibility that McCarthy could end up being available at #16 instead of Penix.

renofox

Reaction score
That answers the question of will he be released. Answer: NO.

Is there a trade deal in place? Or is JS currently looking for a trade deal? Could be.

Will they try to renegotiate to save money? If a deal between Geno and JS isn't already in place, I doubt it. Geno now has all the leverage, and it would just be insulting your QB with no upside. Judging by Geno's tweet, I doubt a deal is already in place.

A restructure is possible, but the only effect would be to borrow ~5M in 2025 cap to use in 2024.

In NFL parlance, a restructure is converting salary to bonus to push cap forward. Anything else is a renegotiation.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Happy for Geno, he’ll get paid.

Great organizations find a way to make things work for both sides.

This doesn’t guarantee that Geno will be the starting QB week 1 but it does ensure Geno will get paid.

An organization that will pay a player it deems has earned his money is an organization players want to be part of.

Doesn’t matter if you think or don’t think Geno is good enough to win a Super Bowl but this allows Seattle to have Smith if the season started tomorrow and sit a QB for a year or two or learn from Smith (if Smith is on the team next season).

Seattle will find a way to cut the salary cap and Seattle will be okay going into the draft. I’m sure.

Geno probably loves Seattle even more now.

Seattle did the right thing and Seattle cap wise will be fine….just believe Schneider knows what the hell he’s doing!!

Go Seahawks!!!!!

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
It was the right move. It will be interesting if Lock is re-signed.

ViktorNix

Reaction score
I like it. Geno has proven he can make the throws and be a top 10 QB in this league if given enough time. He is still accurate and has a big arm. If we can shore up this offensive line and buy him time with motions and misdirection, he could easily have a year like he did in 22’

Mizak

Reaction score
The only question I got is:

which teams with the Top 15 picks need QB the most?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
The only question I got is:

which teams with the Top 15 picks need QB the most?

Patriots
Falcons
Broncos
Raiders

I would say those teams need one the most but

Bears
Commanders
Giants
Titans
Saints

I could also see drafting one depending on what happens

WarHawks

Reaction score
It's conceivable that if they do want to draft a qb to sit behind Geno, that they would actually have to move up a bit to get the one they want. There are lots of qb needy teams this year, as the post above illustrates.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I don’t see how we get one…that is projected to be a QBotF type.

Not this year at least.