Ge=nooooo!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You realize that your commenting on a Browns team that was playing their 3rd string QB. Also in our house? Starting QB's piddle when the the noise picks up in Lumen.
You were explicitly talking about their defense. You were told about him beating a top defense on a game winning drive.

This goalpost moving bullshit is embarrassing. It's so transparently bad-faith.

knownone

Reaction score
You realize that your commenting on a Browns team that was playing their 3rd string QB. Also in our house? Starting QB's piddle when the the noise picks up in Lumen.
Okay. So it's not just that he has to play well against good defense; he also has to win, and the other team has to have a good quarterback? That's an argument of convenience for two reasons. A) Geno's best game of the season was an away game against the #6 defense in the league with an MVP candidate at QB, but you won't count that because he lost. And B) he beat the #1 defense in the league on a game-winning drive, but that doesn't count because the Browns started their backup (which they've done in roughly 70% of their games). Presumedly, if Seattle beats the Steelers this weekend, you'll argue that that win doesn't count either.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno isn't as good as Tom Brady was and a 6th Round pick use up a lot less cap space than Geno so it is obvious we should just get the next Tom Brady with our 6th Round pick in the 2024 draft.

Seriously Geno is probably ranked about 12-15 on this seasons performance, he is quite able to lead us to the play-offs but we will be rank outsiders to win the superbowl. A lot of people on this forum have got blarsee of making the play-off and demand more, Superbowl winning teams usually either have one ofthe best 2 or 3 QBs in the league (which I can't see Geno ever being) or have a decent QB on a rookie contract and then fill the roster with talent, it is therefore easy to say to take the next step we need to get a rookie QB to replace Geno.

The problem is you can never tell who a Rookie will turn out in the NFL. Teams like the Jets and Browns burnt high pick after high pick trying to get their QBOTF, (and have now both tried to go the "one of the best 2 or 3 QBs in the league" route). Drafting a QB and cutting Geno might make us suprbowl contenders if we get the next Brady, or even someone like Hurts but we are far more likely to end up with realising every November we have no chance of the play-offs for yet another season.

A lot of people on the forum were hoping we drafted Malik Willis at 9 in the 2022 draft, if we had done (and given it is hard to give up on a such a high draft pick) what would the forums be saying now?
People keep repeating the Willis line but I think most were against taking him? I could be wrong but he was hated in most Seahawk circles.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I want to highlight this reply, because it is a very clear example of reality in a sea of unrealistic expectations.

It is extremely possible that not a single QB will finish the season as a full time starter having averaged 2 TD passes per game.

Dak Prescott is the only player to average 2 per game currently, and he is averaging EXACTLY 2.00 per game at this current moment.

Kirk Cousins was above this metric when he went down for the year at 18 TDs over 8 starts.

That's it. That's the list. Dak Prescott at 2.00, and Kirk Cousins who only played 8 games.

If averaging 2 is unacceptable, then no one is acceptable. Geno, of course, is not near averaging 2 - but still, placing that expectation upon any quarterback is gonna be a fools errand.

The key will be to find a way to reduce Geno's attempts. Offense needs to balance itself. Outside of Dak, the other two guys highest in TD% happen to be the guys who throw the least often in the league among full-time starters. That's Wilson, and that's Purdy. That's what moving the ball through means other than heavy passing get you - efficiency.

Get somebody in here that calls to pound the mf rock more, and we're in business.
He’s 19th in the league in touchdown passes. If he’s top 5-10 as some people apparently believe he is based on how anyone who is critical of Geno is “stupid” I’d argue being 19th isn’t great so it’s a fair argument. By almost every metric he’s in the 15-20 range. Thats decent but not anywhere near great so I guess I don’t get guys like *whose attitude is anyone who’s critical of Geno is stupid.

I feel like we’ve hammered this topic into the ground, myself included. I don’t think anyone is stupid for believing Geno is top 10 or is around the 20th spot and we need a replacement. Neither are terribly off the mark. I’ve obviously been on the critical side but fully expect him to finish the year on a tear with the line playing better and finally getting away from some of those teams we just went through.

As a group let’s tone down the tone a little and have some fun debating and discussing the topic

Last edited:

Jegpeg

Reaction score
People keep repeating the Willis line but I think most were against taking him? I could be wrong but he was hated in most Seahawk circles.
He was just an example, and the only QB really mentioned for the 2022 (I know the media were more keen than the fans but quite I few fans wanted him). It's too early to tell whether Levis will be any good.

If RW3 had left a year earlier how many people would have wanted us to trade up for Zach Wilson or Lance, so take Mac Jones at 9. The majority of Rookie QBs are busts.

knownone

Reaction score
He’s 19th in the league in touchdown passes. If he’s top 5-10 as some people apparently believe he is based on how anyone who is critical of Geno is “stupid” I’d argue being 19th isn’t great so it’s a fair argument. By almost every metric he’s in the 15-20 range. Thats decent but not anywhere near great so I guess I don’t get guys like knownone who’s attitude is anyone who’s critical of Geno is stupid.

I feel like we’ve hammered this topic into the ground, myself included. I don’t think anyone is stupid for believing Geno is top 10 or is around the 20th spot and we need a replacement. Neither are terribly off the mark. I’ve obviously been on the critical side but fully expect him to finish the year on a tear with the line playing better and finally getting away from some of those teams we just went through.

As a group let’s tone down the tone a little and have some fun debating and discussing the topic
My attitude is that anyone who is critical of Geno is stupid? Are you kidding? I have NEVER made that assertion implied or otherwise. So please provide evidence that led you to that characterization or delete that nonsense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
#=trash!!
This aged well.
Come on man, all I saw was Geno getting it done with a clutch game winning drive. Again. He def. sailed some passes the first half. Did he make up for it when it counted? Yes.
But it's still not good enough to avoid yet another ridiculous take. Nothing more entertaining than a Geno is trash post that probably was posted in the 1st quarter.
Because winning has to look a certain way. Does he need to get a lot better in the Red Zone? Absolutely.
Yet another Fade level L

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
He was just an example, and the only QB really mentioned for the 2022 (I know the media were more keen than the fans but quite I few fans wanted him). It's too early to tell whether Levis will be any good.

If RW3 had left a year earlier how many people would have wanted us to trade up for Zach Wilson or Lance, so take Mac Jones at 9. The majority of Rookie QBs are busts.
It's tough with rookie quarterbacks because you almost have to hit on one with a rookie contract but you're going to miss more often than you hit. I do trust Schneider more than most as his reputation paints him as an excellent QB evaluator.

knownone

Reaction score
You do come across that way at times whether it's intended or not.
Wittgenstein's Ruler.

You do this schtick anytime you disagree with a perspective. There was no reason for you to include my name in your point. None. But you did. So give me an example or please remove my name from your post.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wittgenstein's Ruler.

You do this schtick anytime you disagree with a perspective. There was no reason for you to include my name in your point. None. But you did. So give me an example or please remove my name from your post.
I’m tired of arguing with you every day. I’ll remove your name and will just avoid interaction in the future. Go Hawks

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
61/94 659 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT 102.2 passer rating

That's Geno in 2.5 games behind our starting O-line this year.
Hopefully a sign of things to come down the stretch. It’s hindered Geno and Waldron but maybe they get healthy at the right time

OP
OP
Fresno Hawk

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
This aged well.
Come on man, all I saw was Geno getting it done with a clutch game winning drive. Again. He def. sailed some passes the first half. Did he make up for it when it counted? Yes.
But it's still not good enough to avoid yet another ridiculous take. Nothing more entertaining than a Geno is trash post that probably was posted in the 1st quarter.
Because winning has to look a certain way. Does he need to get a lot better in the Red Zone? Absolutely.
Yet another Fade level L
#=trash comment.
Let's see Ge-noooo hit one of our wide receivers I stride for a change, so dk locket and jsn don't have to make a spectacular catch to make him look good.