Game 7 vs Stars game thread

JPatera76

Reaction score
Losing face offs and not taking shots on power plays were two issues i repeatedly saw this year and I think we all even talked about a few times.

Gru… when he’s hot, he’s damn good. But in the regulator season I wasn’t holding my breath for him. He was very inconsistent when we needed him a few times. It’s still a position I feel they need to address or tighten up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gru was not even close to the issue. Dallas outplayed them. In fact, Gru is the ONLY reason they didn't get run out of the rink last night. He gave up all of 2 goals, that should be enough to win. I'm nothing but extremely proud of this team. They massively exceeded expectations.
They knocked off the champs, they won 7 playoff games, and played 14 playoff games. In their second season. After only having 60 points last year.
I can't even fathom being anything BUT proud of this team and stoked for the future. We also hit the post twice. Sometimes it's just not your night.

Future is bright. I'm calling it now, they make the Stanley Cup final NEXT SEASON.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I never said they weren't a better team look at all my posts! I said we looked slow, I said we were not controlling the puck

BUT just because the Stars were a better team it doesn't then negate the fact that it was icing!!!! Even the announcers were surprised.

Icing is icing and there have been a whole thread about when it isn't and is called.

My point remains. It was ICING!!!!!!! If it was properly called. it would have been 1 1 and overtime so don't go all sanctimonious on me. I didn't say the game was decided by officiating. BUT if was F U C K I N G icing, PERIOD!

There should have been an OT if it was called like it is 99% of the time.

It was shot deep within the Dallas zone crossed 3 lines and was picked up by the Dallas player just before it crossed the 4th line. There were NO redirects or touching of the puck by a Seattle player crossing those 3 lines.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Is Seattle just not as physically conditioned as other teams? Why are they so slow? Maybe they should address their physical conditioning in the off-season if they were tired.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What? They are literally one of the fastest teams in the league. Announcers, analysts, all of them talk about how incredibly fast and aggressive the Kraken are.
All the time.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
What? They are literally one of the fastest teams in the league. Announcers, analysts, all of them talk about how incredibly fast and aggressive the Kraken are.
All the time.
they are, they didn't look like it in game 7. It's a rough schedule, game every other day, then a road trip for game 7, I think they were exhausted.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Since you did not correct my statement of the events or I am wrong about the rules, can you please pass on to me your superior knowledge of the rules of hockey or where I got it wrong in my explanation of what happened.

If it was not icing then please produce the evidence and I will shut up! But if you cant then you should.............
The puck entered the zone before Johnston and icing was waved off because he was clearly the first to the puck.
Maybe you might want to apologize…

Chapow

Reaction score
Maybe you should learn the rules! Just pointed out facts that you don't want to hear. Dallas played better, but not that much better. BUT that doesn't stop the fact it was icing and not called! It resulted in a goal period.

You probably are one of those who believe NFL officials never miss a call as well, or don't call something that is blatant!

Literally nobody believes NFL officials never miss a call. They're human beings. Of course they make mistakes.

Chapow

Reaction score
Since you did not correct my statement of the events or I am wrong about the rules, can you please pass on to me your superior knowledge of the rules of hockey or where I got it wrong in my explanation of what happened.

If it was not icing then please produce the evidence and I will shut up! But if you cant then you should.............

Fine.

Types of Icing Penalties
Apart from the standard icing rule, players also have to be aware of three variations of icing in hockey.

Touch Icing
Players from the opposing team (excluding goaltender) must touch the puck in order for the referee to stop the play. If a player from the team that iced the puck touches the puck first, play continues. This rule leads to fast-paced races for the puck!

No-touch Icing
No-touch icing is simple. Play is automatically stopped when a player shoots the puck from behind the center red line and goes past the opposing team's goal line.

Hybrid Icing
Hybrid icing in hockey is when the puck is shot from behind the center red line and two players race down the ice, with the two farthest faceoff dots (opposing team that iced the puck) being the “finish line”, instead of the goal line. If a player of the team that iced the puck touches it first, the play continues. If the opposing team touches the puck first, play is stopped.

When Are You Allowed to Ice the Puck?
There are certain situations in ice hockey where icing in hockey is not called, however. They are:

When a team is on the penalty kill
When the referee determines that a player from the opposing team could have touched the puck before it crossed the goal line. Or if the referee determines that the action was an attempted pass
When the puck is iced immediately by a player participating in a face-off
If the goaltender leaves his goal crease and moves in the direction of the oncoming puck
If the goaltender touches the puck
If conditions for touch icing or hybrid icing are met

Chapow

Reaction score
Also, the announcers didn't say "NO ICING?" as in questioning why icing wasn't called. They said "No icing as Johnson's there". In other words, no icing because Johnson got to the puck first. They also said "You'd think it would be icing, but Johnson is first on the scene". They literally explained why it wasn't icing.

Also, look at the Kraken players. There was no protesting at all. They knew it wasn't icing because Johnson got to the puck first.

@Rainger I'm not sure if you could have made yourself look any worse if you tried. How many times did you try to "call me out"? And then created a whole new thread just to try to call me out again? And then it turned out you were wrong. Daaaammmnn, that's embarrassing AF. Have you ever considered not making a fool out of yourself on the internet?

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bummer. Would have been one hell of an atmosphere had they made the Western Conference Finals. No sulking, these dudes are making history before our eyes and turning non-hockey fans into fans like myself. A lot of fun ahead. Way to go Kraken! See ya next season!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If someone would have told me they would win 7 playoff games, knock off the champs and lose in game 7 of the next series, in their 14th playoff game of these playoffs?
I would have not only laughed really loud, I would have been concerned that they were on crack.
This has been incredible.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. What an incredible sport. There's playoffs, and there's HOCKEY playoffs. The intensity is just unreal. I went to game 4 vs the Avs (the ot win) That building was insane

Last edited: