Frustrating Former Seahawks

eo620

Reaction score
"Rashaad Penny, please pick up the white courtesy phone"!

I liked K. Robinson. He was on my team when I wan my Fantasy League in 2005 (put him at WR 2 behind Hines Ward and we rocked).!

Most frustrating for me had to be McGwire. That MF could not get out of bed without getting hurt. Special honors go to Percy Harvin or Jimmy Graham. My God! What we could have done!!!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Our most (in)famous safety, Brian Russell.

Frustrating as all get out watching him miss tackles and be out of position, especially on 3rd and long.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Joey Galloway post Holmgren. Parachuting along the field when he held out. Potential to be the greatest hawk wr of all time (and yes, I understand that is Largent). JG had amazing speed and hands while in motion. Wanted him to retire here until I didn’t.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I agree to an extent; like I seriously doubt anyone had intel indicating that McDowell was the level of moron who would ride an ATV without a helmet shortly after signing a multi-million dollar contract. That being said, I think it's telling that Schneider and Carroll reportedly viewed the incident as a cautionary tale and dramatically altered their draft process as a result, rather than just throwing up their arms and saying "well, nobody could have seen THAT coming!". There must have been something in the evaluation process that they felt they either overlooked or didn't give enough importance to. It might have just been a case where certain kinds of people seem to be a magnet for trouble.
Fair enough. They made a crap decision for sure. It feels like it's maybe time to move on and get over it. Though I certainly don't expect it :ROFLMAO:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
omg, this ^^^^
All you ever saw was the back of his jersey as he was getting toasted.

We had a corner WAY back named Melvin Jenkins. We called him Toast Jenkins. And it was fitting.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
So, the front office should have known that he was gonna' go do that? ^^^^
I’m sure there were some red flags the front office encountered but thought the potential talent outweighed those red flags.

I have a hard time seeing Schneider not knowing McDowell’s red flags but thought since at that time, Seattle, was believed to be contenders, thought they needed to take a chance on him.

Those days of taking “flyers” on players are I believe are somewhat over now and players they have drafted I’ve seen them be praised for taking the “obvious” picks now.

The draft strategy has changed considerably in past 3 drafts with Schneider. Assuming, he’s learned from his misses now. Good for him and good for the organization.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Brian Bosworth, so much hype to watch him get trucked by Bo Jackson.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Daryl Turner comes to mind. He was a flat out burner with a ton of a talent. But my god, he dropped a LOT of perfect passes that were easy touchdowns.
Thus, getting the Feast or Famine nickname by my Pops and I. It was maddening.

chris98251

Reaction score
2nd Rounder Andre Hines, cut by Knox if memory serves, due not even being able to make it a lap around the facility. Played 9 games his first season and that was it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Chad Brown is one of my all-time favorite Hawks. All he did was play 110 percent on every single play. He was all over the field too. Just like Lofa.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I agree to an extent; like I seriously doubt anyone had intel indicating that McDowell was the level of moron who would ride an ATV without a helmet shortly after signing a multi-million dollar contract. That being said, I think it's telling that Schneider and Carroll reportedly viewed the incident as a cautionary tale and dramatically altered their draft process as a result, rather than just throwing up their arms and saying "well, nobody could have seen THAT coming!". There must have been something in the evaluation process that they felt they either overlooked or didn't give enough importance to. It might have just been a case where certain kinds of people seem to be a magnet for trouble.
I think it's a case where a guy is good at football but bad at life.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Disagree. Didn't we sign him as a Free Agent? Technically, he chose to sign with us.

It’s about how he acted after. I can’t recall the exact quotes but he made it damn clear he never really wanted to be a Seahawk or had any associations with us after he left. Maybe he has since I do not know but I remember watching some show where he was talking about his snake business or some such thing and he made some comment that was pretty telling that he did not see himself as a Seahawk but his heart was with the Steelers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chad Brown is one of my all-time favorite Hawks. All he did was play 110 percent on every single play. He was all over the field too. Just like Lofa.

Agreed. LOVED him as a player for us. My point was how he talked about us after he left. See my post above to Hag.

Jac

Reaction score
Daryl Turner. A true weapon and the perfect complement to Largent, but he threw it all away and was out of the league in a flash.